Old 04-23-08 | 08:54 PM
trusso
Pole Position

I dare you two to agree on something
Old 04-24-08 | 04:24 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally Posted by pagemaster
ANd demand in America is very high for 200 series Land Cruiser and LX570. Not so for others.
Relative. The supply of TLC and LX are low, compared to a Camry for example. The niche for the TLC and LX is small. Since supply is relatively low, the small volume demand seems high. It is also a brand new vehicle...there is always an initial rush. Wait 6 mos or a year and you will see more and more TLC/LX on the dealer lots. Will there be as many as Camrys? No, because the supply is limited at the factory. You will certainly not have to be on a waiting list to get one.

The same goes for the FJ Cruiser...when it first came out, there were waiting lists (and price inflation) everywhere. Now, that gas prices have gone up AND the "wow" factor is over (aka niche demand satisfied), there are now plenty of FJs available of any color. Hell, even the limited edition (Trail Team SE) is easy to find these days, and Toyota only makes 3200 of them for the whole US of A. The good thing is that you can get a FJ at invoice price these days with good financing (my brother just got one). You can get amazing financing rate (unheard of in prior years for Toyotas) for 4runner, Sequoia (yes, the new one already!), and Tundra.

Gas prices are killing SUV/truck sales! Good thing is that this is a great time to buy SUV/trucks if you need one!

Last edited by tigmd99; 04-24-08 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-24-08 | 04:38 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tigmd99
You mean rangerovers.net?? Well, from what i remember, there were more than a few people thinking about trading in their RR when Tata was a possible buyer. Actually, if you look on that forum, there are plenty of people getting tired of all the issues with their RR. There are more than a few that swear that this is their last RR. I am sure that you see these threads too on that forum.

As for the 2nd sentence above, the people believe that are quite delusional. Most capable?? Hmmm, i would not go that far. Prestigious or not, LR is now no longer British by any shot of the imagination...their heritage has taken a big blow.
This has to be one of the funniest threads I have read... Anyway, you are right, people reacted at first when they heard about it. Just like when the 7 series was redesigned. People said it was the end for BMW and they would never own another. Many of those people own a 750 today and the current 7 is the most successful ever. People are already talking about the future designs with intentions to buy.

Prestigious, class and most capable are common terms for the Range among people and writers. Read any number of reviews and you will see those words and I agree (of course).

Irrespective, TATA didn't spend that kind of money for nothing. Range Rover will only improve and they will work hard to keep the heritage.
Old 04-24-08 | 05:22 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by luxury1
Prestigious, class and most capable are common terms for the Range among people and writers. Read any number of reviews and you will see those words and I agree (of course).
Yeah no doubt. The thing about Range Rover, LC/LX, GL450 etc is that these buyers have money to burn on these SUVs. The owners are in a different class than Tahoe, Escalade, Sequioa, Armada etc.. Because of these people have the cash there will always be a market for a full size luxury SUv.

Irrespective, TATA didn't spend that kind of money for nothing. Range Rover will only improve and they will work hard to keep the heritage

I agree and Tata will probably help make LR run a little leaner and has the cash for a R and D.
Old 04-24-08 | 06:56 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally Posted by luxury1
No need to read or watch LR commercials...take your RR out on the trails and see what it can do.
Old 04-24-08 | 12:17 PM
beachfront
Pole Position

Ahhh...when have you seen so many complaints about suspension failure, tranny failure, and diff failure on a GX/LX470/570 forums?? Tell me more please.

When did i say that Tata is a bunch of hoodlums??????? Tell who for the last time?? Show me where i state this????

Oh yeah, i am still waiting your answer on these questions. Thanks in advance.
I am trying hard to get to all your questions in between meetings and life but I will keep going as you have so kindly asked...

You are pretty amusing when you dare me to point out where you have said certain things (the hoodlums comment) but put words in my mouth (when have you seen so many complaints about suspension failure, tranny failure, and diff failure) when addressing my posts.

For the record, the hoodlums comment was not a quote by you but a generalization of how I think you feel about the India in general...To me, I get the picture that you look at India as a bunch of low class people who have zero talent and are stealing jobs left and right so everyone in America can not stand them.

To steal a line from you...where did a say "complaints about suspension failure, tranny failure, and diff failure on a GX/LX470/570 forums"? I clearly linked the CL site to make a point that there are plenty of people here who have had their own problems with Lexus just like your quote of "Actually, if you look on that forum, there are plenty of people getting tired of all the issues with their RR."

My self included but I still love my GS430. Tranny, window, engine, whatever...A trip to the dealer is a trip to the dealer.

In order to conduse myself even more... I finally looked at your profile and it seems as if you do not own a lexus or a range rover... ?

I also spent (way too much) time reading some of your other posts which caused me to start drinking vodka tonics this morning...

You are a bit all over the board but I like the following:

"Yeah, Aviator SEEMS nice. However, it is a FORD afterall...read below!"

"For me, i would pick a BMW over a Mercedes in most cases, e.g. sports car and crossovers. About the only Mercedes that i would touch (at this time) is what i am driving now...i don't trust quality and reliability of the other MB's"

"Wow...so, potentially, my brother could sink anywhere from $3000-5000 before 100K mile mark?! (My brother has '01...he has the manifold crack already at 65k miles.) If not for the Lexus badge, then someone could mistaken this for a Land Rover!"

"Q: If you have a choice between MDX vs. RX350, then which would you choose?? This is a more direct comparison rather than GX vs MDX. Frankly, i would choose MDX, even with the fake wood. I will try and find the article, but Canadiandriver took MDX out into the white stuff and found it to be very competent."

"The Acura's system is light years ahead of RAV4's or anything from Toyota/Lexus non-frame-based SUVs."

"recent designs have proven that Toyota is not without faults."

"Cool Land Rovers! I will PM you the next time that our group goes out to see if you wanna come with us."

"you take your vehicle off-road, yet you chose GX because it had the color that you wanted??? The Land cruiser is probably better for the off-roader in you (better off-road suspension), but the LX570 is definitely more luxurious."

"IMHO, in the ultra-lux SUV division, the Range Rover is all by itself. Yes, it is extremely unreliable. However, this does seem to matter much to the people with money to burn. Range Rover is classic, damn elegant inside & out, supremely comfortable, and elegant (oh i said that already). The new LX may have a good interior (IMHO still not up to RR's interior ambience and elegance), but it's exterior falls waaaayyyyy short of the RR."

" The LX appearance is neither distinctive nor as classy as a RR."

"As for Land Rover, it's a joke...don't even consider it."

"Germans cannot make reliable electronics if their life depended on it!! You should ask him if he has had any door window problems...if not, then he will."

"Range Rover's interior is truly magnificent. IMO, the best looking interior of any SUV"

"In my eyes, i would take a Lexus interior over ANY SUV interior, bar none."
I know, I know, what has this got to do with that s-h-i-t-hole of a company TATA...The answer is absolutley nothing but I did change my signature for you so now we are on the same team!

Gotta go to lunch... Love the forum!

Last edited by beachfront; 04-24-08 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-24-08 | 12:48 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

You got to admit that it is entertaining!
Old 04-24-08 | 02:22 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally Posted by beachfront
For the record, the hoodlums comment was not a quote by you but a generalization of how I think you feel about the India in general...To me, I get the picture that you look at India as a bunch of low class people who have zero talent and are stealing jobs left and right so everyone in America can not stand them.

To steal a line from you...where did a say "complaints about suspension failure, tranny failure, and diff failure on a GX/LX470/570 forums"?
Hmmm, you accuse me of putting words in your mouth...and then you went ahead and ASSUMED how i feel about outsourcing and Indian people in general?? Again, when did i say anything about Indian people or even if outsourcing is bad????? Somehow, you and pagemaster are not understanding two simple words: PUBLIC PERCEPTION. This is the ONLY thing that i have talked about. Crystal clear?

As for complaints on GX/LX forums, i would like to point out that we should compare apples to apples, right? In other words, you should compare problems and issues of the RR vs. SUVs from Lexus. Is that really that hard to understand?? Why are we comparing SUVs vs. car??

Thank you for posting my past posts. I think that you just did me a big favor. It proves that i am NOT bias towards any one brand...it clearly shows that I criticize and praise each vehicle/brand by their true merits, not by brand loyalty. For example, you will NOT see me criticize Range Rover's perfectly designed exterior and interior. BMW/Ford really did a great job in this area. What i have a problem with is that RR has horrible reliability and durability. (Oh yeah, i also laugh at LR's commercials: 4x 4 x far x my ****!) What is so hard to understand?? Or, another example, i find the Lexus LX570 exterior to be boring, but it's interior is pretty nice. Sorry, i have no brand loyalty. (Remember, i am this way despite creating the most popular 4runner forum on the internet.)

Again, thank you for spending so much time to dig up my previous posts. I thought about doing it, but i was too lazy to do it.
Old 04-24-08 | 02:40 PM
beachfront
Pole Position

1. You are nuts...defend what you want, your quotes contradict and you type just to type.

[QUOTE=tigmd99;3474234]Hmmm, you accuse me of putting words in your mouth...and then you went ahead and ASSUMED how i feel about outsourcing and Indian people in general?? [/quote

2. I did not assume, that is how I truly feel. You are the one with the problem.

What if, lets say, another company in a developing nation purchased LR... Lets say for example's sake a comapany in Thailand...

Can you give me your thoughts on if your opinions would change?

===
Old 04-24-08 | 02:50 PM
tigmd99
Racer

1. You are nuts...defend what you want, your quotes contradict and you type just to type.

2. I did not assume, that is how I truly feel. You are the one with the problem.

What if, lets say, another company in a developing nation purchased LR... Lets say for example's sake a comapany in Thailand...

Can you give me your thoughts on if your opinions would change?
You do NOT have to put YOUR feelings onto me...no thanks. Keep your feelings to yourself, ok? Why do you keep on doing this?? READ WHAT I ORIGINALLY WROTE...sorry if i got your panties all twisted, but you need to read my post(s) again.

If Thailand bought out LR, then i would criticize the buyout even more! India is a better buyer than Thailand for sure...but that still does not mean that Tata buyout is a good thing for LR. PUBLIC PERCEPTION of the buyout will hurt LR/Jag's image & heritage. Get it??!! You may want to run this by your kids too because you clearly cannot understand such a simple concept.

Crystal clear yet?

BTW, I like the humor in your signature: (I quoted your sig here so that everyone can enjoy it!)
06 GS 430 with ML/NAV Special Edition and customized direct from India. All the floor mats can actually fly and there is a king cobra in the trunk.

It is truly a piece of crap.

I only ordered it from India to steal American jobs and **** of all people of the world!

Last edited by tigmd99; 04-24-08 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-24-08 | 04:49 PM
beachfront
Pole Position

PUBLIC PERCEPTION of the buyout will hurt LR/Jag's image & heritage. Get it??!!
Hey D-I-P-S-H-I-T for the last time, that is your O-P-I-N-I-O-N... Get it??!!

Not everyone thinks it is a bad thing therefore it is not public perception but rather your opinion. That is the freaking difference I have been somewhat trying to get across your thick skull.

The more links and articles you pull of the net, the more you look like you do not have any ideas of your own and are just agreeing to any crap you can find to back up your statement.

Tell me what you do for a living and how that might qualify you to make some of your statements or in fact make me understand better where you are coming from.

I am in the medical startup world most recently working with companies in Isreal and China. I am not saying I know it all but I have a good grasp of it.

You can not judge a book by the cover which is exactly what you are doing by finding 3rd party articles and generalizations and believing them without doing any of your own homework.

Give it a rest
Old 04-24-08 | 05:14 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Hey D-I-P-S-H-I-T for the last time, that is your O-P-I-N-I-O-N... Get it??!!

Not everyone thinks it is a bad thing therefore it is not public perception but rather your opinion. That is the freaking difference I have been somewhat trying to get across your thick skull.

The more links and articles you pull of the net, the more you look like you do not have any ideas of your own and are just agreeing to any crap you can find to back up your statement.

I am in the medical startup world most recently working with companies in Isreal and China. I am not saying I know it all but I have a good grasp of it.

You can not judge a book by the cover which is exactly what you are doing by finding 3rd party articles and generalizations and believing them without doing any of your own homework.

Give it a rest
Wow...so, what's next?? More cursing and name calling?? What a freaking kid!

Did i say that what i wrote is FACT?? Of course, it's my opinion on the matter...with much support, even from those with inside knowledge (see above CNN article). And, as far as public perception goes, there are plenty of stuff on the internet and local newspaper to support what i wrote. (Again, you may want to ask your kids to help you understand these things better.)

Hmm, who is doing their homework here?? I have plenty of support for what i wrote from legitimate sources. What about you? All i see is someone who is whimpering about something that he knows very little about. You called me out on something i apparently "wrote"...and it turned out that it was YOUR feelings that you were trying to project onto me. How freaky weird is that?!! Dude, get your facts straight and learn to comprehend what other people are trying to say. Pagemaster and you must come from the same lame tree.

Oooo...you're in the medical startup whatever crap...ooohhh, that must mean a lot in the automotive takeover industry! Damn, all along, i thought that you're important or something! My mistake. Are you freaking kidding me??!! Seriously. The only thing that you have a grasp over is your cursing and ******ing! You cannot hold a mature discussion without going all pyscho and whimpering like a little girl?!! My goodness!

By you getting your panties twisted in knot, it shows that you don't have much to say on the topic...and have to resort to girly childish insults.

Thanks for the laugh...now, sit back and untwist your girly panties and take a deep sigh. You just showed your true colors. Thanks.

Last edited by tigmd99; 04-24-08 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-24-08 | 05:26 PM
tigmd99
Racer

For the record, the hoodlums comment was not a quote by you but a generalization of how I think you feel about the India in general...To me, I get the picture....
Is it just me or is this a confession of a weirdo trying to argue a point he/she knows very little about??

WTF?! My mistake, he knows a lot...he is a medical startup person...ooohhh ahhhhhh...wait, i am in the medical field too...i also create & manage a busy practice...does that mean anything?? I am anxiously waiting for Tata to call me for auto advice for sure since i am in the medical field!! All hail the medical field people...we know everything! (BTW, for pagemaster and beachfront, this is pure 100% SARCASM...just in case your kids have not explained it to you yet.)

Last edited by tigmd99; 04-24-08 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-24-08 | 05:51 PM
beachfront
Pole Position

Is it just me or is this a confession of a weirdo trying to argue a point he/she knows very little about??

WTF?! My mistake, he knows a lot...he is a medical startup person...ooohhh ahhhhhh...wait, i am in the medical field too...i also create & manage a busy practice...does that mean anything?? I am anxiously waiting for Tata to call me for auto advice for sure since i am in the medical field!! All hail the medical field people...we know everything! (BTW, for pagemaster and beachfront, this is pure 100% SARCASM...just in case your kids have not explained it to you yet.)
Going through your past posts it looks like you get your rocks off arguing with people.

You twist your topics and it is pretty sad and pointless.

If you don't know...you don't know... Good luck buddy!
Old 04-24-08 | 06:04 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Twist my topics?? I have been saying the same thing all this time despite your (and pagemaster's) multiple attempts to twist my words or even (with you) put words (sorry, "feelings") in my mouth. Who got his/her panties in a knot?? YOU DID. Medical startup job? What a freaking joke! Thanks for making me laugh my *** off!

Here is a novel idea for you and pagemaster...before jumping on someone's post, you need to know what you're talking about!

Last edited by tigmd99; 04-24-08 at 06:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone Coming From Range Rover