LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Anyone Coming From Range Rover

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-08, 07:28 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am this way despite creating the most popular 4runner forum on the internet
Lol. What does creating a 4runner forum have to do with your opinions on LR?

Range Rover's perfectly designed exterior and interior
Is this public perception or your opinion? Can you please be clear?

even from those with inside knowledge (see above CNN article
Please...CNN has no idea what they are talking about half the time.
Old 04-24-08, 07:41 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Pagemaster...you really should lay off the weed...because you seemingly can't understand anything these days!

Let me spell it out for you...again:
- i own a 4runner forum...yet, i am still critical of Toyota (and other brands)...thus, i am not brand loyal as some of you clearly are.

- Have you not been reading? I thought that i said it was my opinion (on several threads) that RR has the best exterior.

- CNN may not know everything, but that high executive from jaguar sure knows a lot more than you and beachfront about his own brand's image! (damn it, that executive is not in the medical startup field as beachfront...so disregard his opinion!)

Are you slow or something?? Seriously, you seemingly cannot grasp anything that other people write, yet you still open that mouth of yours to criticize other people's post!

Are we crystal clear yet?? If not, then READ AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN until that "executive" brain of yours can absorb the info via osmosis.
Old 04-24-08, 07:46 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tigmd99
Pagemaster...you really should lay off the weed...because you seemingly can't understand anything these days!

Let me spell it out for you...again:
- i own a 4runner forum...yet, i am still critical of Toyota (and other brands)...thus, i am not brand loyal as some of you clearly are.

- Have you not been reading? I thought that i said it was my opinion (on several threads) that RR has the best exterior.

- CNN may not know everything, but that high executive from jaguar sure knows a lot more than you and beachfront about his own brand's image! (damn it, that executive is not in the medical startup field as beachfront...so disregard his opinion!)

Are you slow or something?? Seriously, you seemingly cannot grasp anything that other people write, yet you still open that mouth of yours to criticize other people's post!

Are we crystal clear yet?? If not, then READ AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN until that "executive" brain of yours can absorb the info via osmosis.
Thanks.......
Old 04-24-08, 09:37 PM
beachfront
Pole Position

I still dont get it...

Please tell me how bad India's public perception is again..

And for the record you actually said:

"Range Rover's interior is truly magnificent. IMO, the best looking interior of any SUV"
"In my eyes, i would take a Lexus interior over ANY SUV interior, bar none."
Also, regarding the way I make my living...You obviously took it as a smartass remark which it was not intended to be ... But someone needs to apply some real life experiences with 3w countries here and I was hoping you might be able to do the same in order to justify your points instead of backing them up with news articles...No harm no foul-
Old 04-25-08, 04:32 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally Posted by beachfront
I still dont get it...

Also, regarding the way I make my living...You obviously took it as a smartass remark which it was not intended to be ... But someone needs to apply some real life experiences with 3w countries here and I was hoping you might be able to do the same in order to justify your points instead of backing them up with news articles...No harm no foul-
Well, it is pretty darn clear that you and pagemaster still don't get it. I am glad that you finally admit it.

As for my quotes above, you're right...both of those SUVs have the best interior to date. It's hard for me to decide one over the other. The LX interior has better materials while RR interior is better designed (more elegant?). I can't recall exactly what CONTEXT i wrote the above comments (can you help me out?), but it's OK...it's like deciding between two diamonds with E and F color...they are so close that you can't hardly decide which is better. (Yes, my wife gave me a whole book on diamonds before we got married!)

Oh, you mean news article with ACTUAL COMMENTS FROM AN AUTO HIGH EXECUTIVE FROM Jag??!! Nevermind that this executive controls all of Jag operations in the US of A and thus, are directly influenced by this buyout. Oh wait, that is not nearly as good as what you know since you're a magnificent all-knowing medical startup whatever your title is! Israel is a 3rd world nation??

No harm? Well, it sure looked like this discussion has gotten your girly panties twisted in a knot! Did you kids see you curse on a public internet forum against someone you don't know???? That is pretty sad IMHO.

Last edited by tigmd99; 04-25-08 at 04:45 AM.
Old 04-25-08, 04:52 AM
tigmd99
Racer

If you think that i am the only with this concern, then check this CNN link out: http://ridingtheelephant.blogs.fortu...ems-in-the-us/

That feeds U.S. dealers’ worries that Jaguar would lose its upscale image if it were Indian-owned - whether it’s bought by Tata or M&M.

Ken Gorin, chairman of the Jaguar Business Operations Council, which represents Jaguar car dealers in the U.S., has said that Ford should sell the two brands to another bidder, One Equity Partners, a private equity arm of J.P.Morgan Chase (JPM). He’s reportedly concerned that the American public won’t accept a luxury-car brand such as Jaguar “out of India.”

Perceptions about the low quality of Indian products are also behind Orient-Express’s rebuttal of Tata’s moves for a closer relationship. Indian Hotels increased its stake in Orient-Express to 11.5 percent recently, prompting Paul White, the CEO of Orient-Express, to say a combination was not in his company’s interests. “Any association of our luxury brands and properties with your brands and properties would result in a reduction in the value of our brands,” he told Indian Hotels, which is expected to respond to the rebuff shortly.
You're right...i don't need news articles to back my opinions up...but i do appreciate that the news article has plenty of quotes from high executives that deal directly with Tata.

Let me remind beachfront (and pagemaster) of the article i posted on page 4 of this thread which clearly states opinions of high executive in the business world that has direct contact with Tata Motors. Notice, none of these guys are in medical startup business...they are actually in the auto/hotel industries that deal with Tata's business directly.

(Yes, i sound redundant, but i have to be with numb-skulled individuals like pagemaster and beachfront!)

Sorry beachfront, your (and pagemaster's) opinion is pure 100% undeniable trash next to the above comments by these executives. Did i burst your bubble?

Last edited by tigmd99; 04-25-08 at 04:56 AM.
Old 04-25-08, 05:02 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Default This is such a good post to show how crazy beachfront is that i had to repost it

Originally Posted by beachfront
For the record, the hoodlums comment was not a quote by you but a generalization of how I think you feel about the India in general...To me, I get the picture that you look at India as a bunch of low class people who have zero talent and are stealing jobs left and right so everyone in America can not stand them.

To steal a line from you...where did I say "complaints about suspension failure, tranny failure, and diff failure on a GX/LX470/570 forums"?
Hmmm, you accuse me of putting words in your mouth...and then you went ahead and ASSUMED how i feel about outsourcing and Indian people in general?? Again, when did i say anything about Indian people or even if outsourcing is bad????? Somehow, you and pagemaster are not understanding two simple words: PUBLIC PERCEPTION. This is the ONLY thing that i have talked about. Crystal clear?

As for complaints on GX/LX forums, i would like to point out that we should compare apples to apples, right? In other words, you should compare problems and issues of the RR vs. SUVs from Lexus. Is that really that hard to understand?? Why are we comparing SUVs vs. car??

Thank you for posting my past posts. I think that you just did me a big favor. It proves that i am NOT bias towards any one brand...it clearly shows that I criticize and praise each vehicle/brand by their true merits, not by brand loyalty. For example, you will NOT see me criticize Range Rover's perfectly designed exterior and interior. BMW/Ford really did a great job in this area. What i have a problem with is that RR has horrible reliability and durability. (Oh yeah, i also laugh at LR's commercials: 4x 4 x far x my ****!) What is so hard to understand?? Or, another example, i find the Lexus LX570 exterior to be boring, but it's interior is pretty nice. Sorry, i have no brand loyalty. (Remember, i am this way despite creating the most popular 4runner forum on the internet.)

Again, thank you for spending so much time to dig up my previous posts. I thought about doing it, but i was too lazy to do it.
Old 04-25-08, 07:30 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

i would like to point out that we should compare apples to apples, right? In other words, you should compare problems and issues of the RR vs. SUVs from Lexus.
Don't you mean compare Land Rover Suv's to Lexus SUVs. It's not exactly apples to apples if you compare Range Rover a certain model under the Land Rover brand name to those of Lexus.

Yes the Range Rover would stack up well against the LX570. Right now the Lx570 is the better vehicle because it is a new design...I am not too sure that I would compare the Land Rover LR3 with the GX470. In my opinion both the Range Rover and LR3 could go head on with the LX470.

Last edited by pagemaster; 04-25-08 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-25-08, 07:52 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally Posted by pagemaster
Don't you mean compare Land Rover Suv's to Lexus SUVs. It's not exactly apples to apples if you compare Range Rover a certain model under the Land Rover brand name to those of Lexus.
Huh?? Ok...then compare RR to Lexus LX series only. But wait, according to some media sources (e.g. Edmunds), the RR is more of a competitor to GX470 because of it's size or something like that (see Edmunds comparo: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=103624). So, if you want, then compare it to Lexus LX and GX...wait, which is what i exactly wrote above, didn't i??

Maybe you missed the first part of the paragraph which you quoted:
As for complaints on GX/LX forums, i would like to point out that we should compare apples to apples, right?
And here is what i originally wrote to beachfront (page 4):
Ahhh...when have you seen so many complaints about suspension failure, tranny failure, and diff failure on a GX/LX470/570 forums?? Tell me more please.
So, tell me...what is your issue with my post??

Anything else for me to make you look like a complete fool?? This is getting fun...pagemaster, it's final...you can't read nor comprehend!

Last edited by tigmd99; 04-25-08 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-25-08, 08:05 AM
tigmd99
Racer

It's interesting...you're editing your above post after reading what i wrote! Pathetic!

BTW, by comparing RR to LX and GX, beachfront has the advantage because he can find problems with 2 series of vehicle instead of just one. See, i am generous!
Old 04-25-08, 08:14 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Huh?? Ok...then compare RR to Lexus LX series only. But wait, according to some media sources (e.g. Edmunds), the RR is more of a competitor to GX470 because of it's size or something like that (see Edmunds comparo: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=103624). So, if you want, then compare it to Lexus LX and GX...wait, which is what i exactly wrote above, didn't i??
That was based at the time of publication as the Range Rover was redesign and the GX was newly introduced. Motor trend ranked the Range Rover #1 and LX470 #2 in a 2004 comparo. Plus the Lx570 was not around in 2004.

Dimensions, wheelbase, height, performance, power the RR and Lx570 are inches within each other.
Old 04-25-08, 08:16 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Anything else for me to make you look like a complete fool?? This is getting fun...pagemaster, it's final...you can't read nor comprehend!
Dude. You seriously need to relax a little.
Old 04-25-08, 10:55 AM
beachfront
Pole Position

I give up! Cant think about it any more and vow not to say the word TATA for the next 4 weeks.

Old 04-25-08, 12:18 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally Posted by pagemaster
That was based at the time of publication as the Range Rover was redesign and the GX was newly introduced. Motor trend ranked the Range Rover #1 and LX470 #2 in a 2004 comparo. Plus the Lx570 was not around in 2004.
I am not even comparing them. I was asking beachfront to look up major issues (similar to the ones afflicting RR) on GX/LX forums because beachfront claims that these major issues happens on all vehicles. I told him to compare apples to apples (RR vs. GX/LX problems, not RR vs. SC430 etc.). WTF are YOU talking about?!

Again, what was your point?? Different people think differently. Edmunds felt that GX was the competitor and MotorTrend felt LX was the competitor to RR. I wrote the above to cover both thought processes. Why are you whinning about what i wrote then??

Pagemaster, it makes you look ridiculous the more you try to make yourself look intelligent! Literally, you really should stop thinking too hard! WTF are you gonna whin about next???
Old 04-25-08, 12:52 PM
beachfront
Pole Position

what is your opinion of the cayenne gts with offroad package...this is not a setup question, I am done arguing about LR... just wondering your thoughts

Last edited by beachfront; 04-25-08 at 12:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone Coming From Range Rover