LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Anyone Coming From Range Rover

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-08, 02:29 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luxury1
I bought the car that I built up in my mind to be the greatest (under $100k). I may be shallow (and probably am) but I really do care about the prestige because I just feel better about myself, my accomplishments and the money I spent. I think a lot of people buy cars because of the way it makes them feel. As for being seen in it, I have all of the windows tinted so nobody knows who is inside which I also like.

I am also toying with the idea of buying a Bentley for the same reason. Are there better cars out there from one perspective or another??? Of course, but the Bentley has the same prestige and exclusivity appeal to me (even more than Range Rover).
I suppose that cars are simply bought for many reasons and as long as they are being bought, car companies are doing their jobs. Look at the cars we are talking about, RR, Lexus, Toyota, Bentley, Mercedes...etc. All are fantastic cars and to each their own.
If it makes you feel good, I believe that is just a byproduct of having an amazing car (your RR)
Cars can do that, at my gym it always seems to be a "car show". I saw a Porsche Turbo getting towed because it was parked "front and center" but not legally. Also a new Murcielago backed in the motorcycle parking, with a motorcycle leaning against it...(he asked for it)
Feel good....be good....
Old 05-18-08, 06:05 PM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pagemaster
I resepct this but in contrast.

I am planning on buying a Land Cruiser instead of a LX570 because it is more low key less popular than the LX. I simply do not want the Lexus badge on my next vehicle but I want a vehicle that is just as high quality.
I definitely understand this. Many business owners do this because they don't want employee's getting upset with how much money they aren't getting paid. The Phaeton was actually a great stealth A8 for the same reason.

Originally Posted by trusso
I suppose that cars are simply bought for many reasons and as long as they are being bought, car companies are doing their jobs. Look at the cars we are talking about, RR, Lexus, Toyota, Bentley, Mercedes...etc. All are fantastic cars and to each their own.
Precisely. At the end of the day nothing else matters as long as you are happy. It is impossible for everyone to agree and it truly doesn't matter if anyone agrees in this area.

Enjoy life as it passes my friends
Old 05-18-08, 09:31 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Precisely. At the end of the day nothing else matters as long as you are happy. It is impossible for everyone to agree and it truly doesn't matter if anyone agrees in this area.

Enjoy life as it passes my friends [/QUOTE]

I think you should get the Bentley!!
Fun to enjoy life in that!!