LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

HID Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-09, 09:02 AM
leshik
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for my english, i from Russia.

When you Install HID on your car, did you have a problem with AFS ?

I have install too on the car, and now at me blinks AFS. In what there can be a problem?
Old 01-29-09, 06:27 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

wow.....that is very nice......
Old 01-29-09, 07:57 PM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sick, thanks for the props. Coming from you that is a huge complement. You are the Lexus Guru in my opinion.

leshik, I studied the Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) very closely before the install. My recommendation is to ensure that the AFS is not interfered with the wiring you installed. What I found is that the AFS is a reflector system that moves left and right when you turn. If the wires after the install of the HID kit are obstructing the moving parts, you'll have issues. You have to leave enough slack in the wire to allow the AFS to move left and right. I hope this helps.

Thanks Kyang.

MAC
Old 01-29-09, 08:40 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huge difference compared to the Tundra. Job well done
Old 01-30-09, 01:11 AM
leshik
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 0260n5.7
Sick, thanks for the props. Coming from you that is a huge complement. You are the Lexus Guru in my opinion.

leshik, I studied the Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) very closely before the install. My recommendation is to ensure that the AFS is not interfered with the wiring you installed. What I found is that the AFS is a reflector system that moves left and right when you turn. If the wires after the install of the HID kit are obstructing the moving parts, you'll have issues. You have to leave enough slack in the wire to allow the AFS to move left and right. I hope this helps.

Thanks Kyang.

MAC

Thank's for help i try do it tommorow, and then write about it!!!!!
Old 02-18-09, 01:41 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The HIDs look really nice.
Old 03-02-09, 04:38 PM
Fab Lane
Driver School Candidate

Default LX570 HID installed

Looks great but does anyone else have a problem with the AFS light on the dash blinking and the headlights no longer moving? If you know a solution please e mail me!!
Attached Thumbnails HID Installed!-dscn0716.jpg  
Old 03-02-09, 08:38 PM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

looks awesome! great install man
Old 03-03-09, 03:00 AM
Ryeno
Banned

I think the color temperature is way too blue. 4300k looks the best imo, especially since you get the greatest variation in the cut-off line color. 5000k would look slightly more "cool" then 4300k.

IMO 4300k-5000k hids for the headlights are optimal with halogen fog lights. That way to the oncoming driver its reinforced that your headlights are hids and not halogen. Since the color difference will be obvious.
Old 12-21-09, 08:27 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Bump as per member request =)
Old 12-21-09, 12:04 PM
ige
Rookie

Xenon on fog lights is just ugly and sure its annoying to the driver in front of you, everybody is switching to LED fog lights, sounds like a good idea, or better leave them as they are.

How much did you pay for it?

Nice HID set.

Gotta say this, they'd make a huge profit if they open a store in Saudi Arabia.

Last edited by ige; 12-21-09 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-04-10, 07:26 PM
acLX570
Driver School Candidate

I just had my 2010 fitted with xenondepot.com HID kit. Steve is AWESOME, simply best way to describe him. I did go with 2 kits for the headlights and fogs. I did not do the install, instead, had a local shop do it. They came out perfect and my AFS was not affected at all. I can see the beams swivel from left to right. I looked under the hood and the install is very clean, again, props to xenondepot.com for providing necessary hardware and long enough cables with their kits. The installer actually said these were some of the best kits he's seen and he's done hundreds of HID conversions.
Old 01-05-10, 10:14 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi acLX570,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post some feedback. I am so glad to hear that you are happy with the HID Kit. It was a pleasure speaking with you and I hope that you are happy with the rest of the kits you ordered as well.

Kind Regards,

Steve
Old 11-03-16, 08:55 AM
docboy
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bump...

Has anyone done this HID conversion? OEM halogens are dull as heck. Looks like there is a sale on Xenondepot right now...

Can't decide whether to do HID or LEDs. Looking for the brightest OEM output and white look, as well as longevity so I don't have to keep changing it
Old 11-03-16, 10:36 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts
Question Bump a Necro Thread?...

Originally Posted by docboy
Bump...

Has anyone done this HID conversion? OEM halogens are dull as heck. Looks like there is a sale on Xenondepot right now...

Can't decide whether to do HID or LEDs. Looking for the brightest OEM output and white look, as well as longevity so I don't have to keep changing it
OK, I can play.

Not knowing your model year, I think you'll think it's some of the best money you've spent on the truck. That takes care of the low beams. If your high beams are not in projector housings (and the low beams for that matter), do not be the guy who puts HID's in reflector housings and blinds oncoming traffic. Best upgrade I've seen for highs in reflectors are simply HIR bulbs (google).

I've replaced fogs and low beams with HID's from DDM Tuning. Lots of technical knowledge there and prices as well as quality are outstanding.

You might also check out the 200 series and lighting forums on mud.

Quick Reply: HID Installed!