LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

how much did you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-08, 11:07 PM
boxed
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously man, just drop it. I came here asking if anyone has gotten a LX at invoice or near it, NOT to have a sales person chime in about how his dealership won't sell blah blah.

on a side note, difference between the 08 models and the 09 are the factory tint and "smart card"? keyless go pretty much like the benz?
Old 11-13-08, 04:48 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 510 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by kalvano
I really don't care, shocking as that may be to you.

A lot of people don't like me, generally when they get told something they don't want to hear.
I do not think many are shocked
Old 11-13-08, 07:09 AM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boxed
Seriously man, just drop it. I came here asking if anyone has gotten a LX at invoice or near it, NOT to have a sales person chime in about how his dealership won't sell blah blah.

on a side note, difference between the 08 models and the 09 are the factory tint and "smart card"? keyless go pretty much like the benz?
All I did was say the idea amused me, then I was jumped on by whatshisname, then get insulted. Pardon me if I don't want to let that just drop.

The Smart Card is part of the Luxury Package, with the cool box and the Bubinga wood. It comes with the Smart Key no matter what, though.
Old 11-13-08, 07:16 AM
syswei
Pole Position

All I did was say the idea amused me
IMO you posted that the idea of buying at invoice amused you because dealers usually want to make the market seem tighter than it really is. In that, you are actually a typical dealer. Not unusually arrogant at all...for a dealer.

But IMO, dealers should disclose in their signature that they ARE dealers, so that readers know.
Old 11-13-08, 07:37 AM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by syswei
IMO you posted that the idea of buying at invoice amused you because dealers usually want to make the market seem tighter than it really is. In that, you are actually a typical dealer. Not unusually arrogant at all...for a dealer.

But IMO, dealers should disclose in their signature that they ARE dealers, so that readers know.
I'm not a dealer. And even if I was, I have no interest in selling anyone here a car. I have absolutely no reason to try and artificially inflate anything.

As for the market, last week we had 14 available LX's, and now we have about 5. The market is entirely dependent on where you are. Even in a bad market, there is still a demand for those cars, and invoice price is something that simply wouldn't happen.

And personally, even if we had 25 sitting around, I am not interested in a deal at invoice. I make no money on it, and I have to run around and do all the crap that comes with selling an LX.
Old 11-13-08, 07:50 AM
syswei
Pole Position

I'm not a dealer. And even if I was, I have no interest in selling anyone here a car. I have absolutely no reason to try and artificially inflate anything.

As for the market, last week we had 14 available LX's, and now we have about 5. The market is entirely dependent on where you are. Even in a bad market, there is still a demand for those cars, and invoice price is something that simply wouldn't happen.

And personally, even if we had 25 sitting around, I am not interested in a deal at invoice. I make no money on it, and I have to run around and do all the crap that comes with selling an LX.
I don't get it. If you're not a Lexus dealer, then what are you? An independent leasing company, or what?

BTW I believe people on CL have bought LS sedans at invoice, so to say it is impossible for an LX doesn't make alot of sense to me, as the market continues to loosen up.
Old 11-13-08, 09:39 AM
kalvano
Lead Lap

I don't get it. If you're not a Lexus dealer, then what are you? An independent leasing company, or what?

BTW I believe people on CL have bought LS sedans at invoice, so to say it is impossible for an LX doesn't make alot of sense to me, as the market continues to loosen up.
Lexus had $4K in dealer cash on the LS for a couple months to move the 08's out, so even selling at invoice still made $4K plus holdback.

The LX is far more limited in production than the LS, and demand continues to be strong for it. Not as strong as it was, hence the fact that deals can now be found, but still strong.
Old 11-13-08, 09:58 AM
syswei
Pole Position

Lexus had $4K in dealer cash on the LS for a couple months to move the 08's out, so even selling at invoice still made $4K plus holdback.

The LX is far more limited in production than the LS, and demand continues to be strong for it. Not as strong as it was, hence the fact that deals can now be found, but still strong.

Here's a quote from a fellow on the LS460 forum:

I am currently dealing on a comfort package and some of the other normal options (door close, intuitive parking assist, trunk mat, wheel locks, etc.) swb LS460. MSRP is about 65K. Edmunds says the invoice is about 56-57K.

My current offer is 52650 + TTL. It seems like I'm reaching the limits of how low the dealerships are willing to go.

So, it appears that his dealer was willing to make only the holdback on the car. It isn't that much of a strech to think this might be possible either now or in the near future on an LX. It is you who are streching by saying it would be basically impossible and the very thought "amusing".

P.S. You still haven't told us just what you are, kalvano, if not a dealer?
Old 11-13-08, 11:33 AM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Here's a quote from a fellow on the LS460 forum:

I am currently dealing on a comfort package and some of the other normal options (door close, intuitive parking assist, trunk mat, wheel locks, etc.) swb LS460. MSRP is about 65K. Edmunds says the invoice is about 56-57K.

My current offer is 52650 + TTL. It seems like I'm reaching the limits of how low the dealerships are willing to go.

So, it appears that his dealer was willing to make only the holdback on the car. It isn't that much of a strech to think this might be possible either now or in the near future on an LX. It is you who are streching by saying it would be basically impossible and the very thought "amusing".

P.S. You still haven't told us just what you are, kalvano, if not a dealer?

Where was said poster located? If it's in California or Florida, of course they will. The name of the game there is volume. But those markets are not representative of the market as a whole. And all kinds of factors come in to play. But an LS is far more common than an LX.

If demand for the LX slows to the point where dealers are contemplating selling them at invoice, in all likelihood, Lexus will simply curtail production. It's a limited production, exclusive vehicle that dealerships make money on.

That's not to say that some idiot dealership in California or Florida won't do it. They might at some point, though I think it's unlikely. But at the vast majority of dealerships, asking for invoice on an LX will get you a smile and a handshake and a "best wishes".
Old 11-13-08, 11:51 AM
syswei
Pole Position

But at the vast majority of dealerships, asking for invoice on an LX will get you a smile and a handshake and a "best wishes".
Well, at some point in the coming months, I'll be shopping in the nyc area, and I'll report back on what I find.

You volunteered that you aren't a dealer. So I'll ask a third time: if you're not a dealer, what are you?
Old 11-13-08, 12:53 PM
davidsong
Lead Lap

Well, at some point in the coming months, I'll be shopping in the nyc area, and I'll report back on what I find.

You volunteered that you aren't a dealer. So I'll ask a third time: if you're not a dealer, what are you?
i will fill in the blank for him.... He is a scammer. lol.

this thread is kind of worthless with the salesman trying to infiltrate our mind with bs....

my cousin in so. cal has gotten 2 offers of 5k of msrp and that is just by phone calls to different dealership without haggling... this just proves how much bs about how lx will not drop in price...

and kalvano kept saying that only florida and california would have this kind of deal and the rest of the country would not is pretty bs. i live in washington state and the dealer here in seattle has also gave me a quote of 2k off msrp without haggling....

so if you can hold your horses, the price of cars WILL definitely come down in price. it would be pointless for the dealer to keep huge inventory of cars and not sell them to make money. i mean cars does not grow interest, money does.... okay, enough bs talk here, i am out...
Old 11-13-08, 01:06 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

You'd think you would have gotten the point by now.

I am not going to answer your question.

Please do report back, however. I am curious.
Old 11-13-08, 01:12 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by davidsong
i will fill in the blank for him.... He is a scammer. lol.

this thread is kind of worthless with the salesman trying to infiltrate our mind with bs....

my cousin in so. cal has gotten 2 offers of 5k of msrp and that is just by phone calls to different dealership without haggling... this just proves how much bs about how lx will not drop in price...

and kalvano kept saying that only florida and california would have this kind of deal and the rest of the country would not is pretty bs. i live in washington state and the dealer here in seattle has also gave me a quote of 2k off msrp without haggling....

so if you can hold your horses, the price of cars WILL definitely come down in price. it would be pointless for the dealer to keep huge inventory of cars and not sell them to make money. i mean cars does not grow interest, money does.... okay, enough bs talk here, i am out...

$2K off MSRP? Wow. With $10K of mark-up, that still leaves a lot of room to make some money. So my point still stands. Yes, there are deals to be had now, but you are pretty far away from invoice. And just because your cousin got an offer of $5K off MSRP doesn't mean he can buy a car for that.

If the market keeps dropping, rather than sell the cars at invoice, they just won't accpet any more when the allocations come up. That way they aren't taking up space on the lot. Easier to go find one if it's needed than keep the inventory around.
Old 11-13-08, 01:33 PM
syswei
Pole Position

I am not going to answer your question.
Maybe there should be a minimum maturity level required to be a poster on these forums.
Old 11-13-08, 02:36 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Maybe there should be a minimum maturity level required to be a poster on these forums.
I don't feel the need to explain myself to you.

That has nothing to do with maturity. The rules are very clearly laid out by the CL staff, and I have no intention of violating them.

Quick Reply: how much did you pay?