LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

how much did you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-08, 02:40 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I love how this salesman is saying how "exclusive" and rare the LX is. What a joke! Classic salesman BS! Remember, most of these salesman are punks with little education and they rarely know about their own products! Give him a break...he is only living up to our expectations.

Tell me more about this rare and exclusive SUV...i am sure many of us cannot afford such things....

Last edited by tigmd99; 11-13-08 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-13-08, 02:44 PM
syswei
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kalvano
I don't feel the need to explain myself to you.

That has nothing to do with maturity. The rules are very clearly laid out by the CL staff, and I have no intention of violating them.

It is clearly NOT a violation of CL rules for someone to simply state that he is a dealer. But I guess you can't bring yourself to admit it since you claimed in black and white "I'm not a dealer."
Old 11-13-08, 03:54 PM
davidsong
Lead Lap

$2K off MSRP? Wow. With $10K of mark-up, that still leaves a lot of room to make some money. So my point still stands. Yes, there are deals to be had now, but you are pretty far away from invoice. And just because your cousin got an offer of $5K off MSRP doesn't mean he can buy a car for that.

If the market keeps dropping, rather than sell the cars at invoice, they just won't accpet any more when the allocations come up. That way they aren't taking up space on the lot. Easier to go find one if it's needed than keep the inventory around.
lol... only your dealership have markup... markup is not allowed by lexus if i am not mistaken. also 5k off msrp by two dealership means there are still BIG room for haggling; so YES he can get it for less than or close to invoice.
Old 11-13-08, 04:00 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tigmd99
I love how this salesman is saying how "exclusive" and rare the LX is. What a joke! Classic salesman BS! Remember, most of these salesman are punks with little education and they rarely know about their own products! Give him a break...he is only living up to our expectations.

Tell me more about this rare and exclusive SUV...i am sure many of us cannot afford such things....
Sure.

Shall I show you the build numbers on the LX or my college degree first? Sorry the salespeople you work with have been idiots, that doesn't give you the right to call me one. I don't really care if you want to buy a car from me, or think I am arrogant. But calling me a stupid punk is a little over the top, no?

As for the LX, less than 10,000 built per year are built and it costs over $80K. If that's not exclusive, then please tell me what is?

Originally Posted by syswei
It is clearly NOT a violation of CL rules for someone to simply state that he is a dealer. But I guess you can't bring yourself to admit it since you claimed in black and white "I'm not a dealer."

I'm not a dealer. I work in sales at a dealership. I was given to understand that I wasn't supposed to talk about that, per CL rules.

Originally Posted by davidsong
lol... only your dealership have markup... markup is not allowed by lexus if i am not mistaken. also 5k off msrp by two dealership means there are still BIG room for haggling; so YES he can get it for less than or close to invoice.
Mark-up meaning the difference between invoice and MSRP.

It's easy to say things over the phone, it's another to follow through and actually contract at that price.

Last edited by kalvano; 11-13-08 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-13-08, 04:07 PM
davidsong
Lead Lap

usually when people say mark-up it tends to mean amount over msrp, but does not matter..

and when my cousin does purchase one in the next week or two, do you want me to post a picture of the invoice of the actual cost + tax?? would that persuade you more? trust me, my cousin never purchase cars for more than invoice. when this deal falls through i am gonna get one too.

although you are correct, saying things over phone is easy but when there are two dealership that are willing to go 5k less msrp it means that there are room for haggling....

btw, you are contradicting yourself too much.. have a good day and try not to lie too much as it will be too hard to backtrack.
Old 11-13-08, 04:22 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by davidsong
btw, you are contradicting yourself too much.. have a good day and try not to lie too much as it will be too hard to backtrack.
Really?

Show me where.

You can call me arrogant, say you wouldn't buy a car from, whatever, but I am not a ****ing liar. And you wouldn't dare say that to my face, you ****ing coward.
Old 11-13-08, 04:35 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Shall I show you the build numbers on the LX or my college degree first? Sorry the salespeople you work with have been idiots, that doesn't give you the right to call me one.

As for the LX, less than 10,000 built per year are built and it costs over $80K. If that's not exclusive, then please tell me what is?

I work in sales at a dealership.

Mark-up meaning the difference between invoice and MSRP.

It's easy to say things over the phone, it's another to follow through and actually contract at that price.
The reason why i called you a punk is because of what you just posted...full of BS!

You know...most cars that cost more than $80,000 will not be built in large numbers. Is my G-wagen exclusive?? It costs more than $100,000 nowadays and Graz Austria can only make about 2000 max/year. How about a Cayenne? Or a Range Rover?? I doubt that these vehicles are built in large Camry-type numbers. Are all of these vehicles as exclusive as LX?? With your definition, then yes...but, that does not make the LX any more unique/exclusive, does it?? Or are you calling all cars above $80,000 exclusive?

You have a college degree and you are a salesman...well, i am glad that you have a job of some kind...and by the looks of it, you are not particular good at what the "Lexus" company wants you to convey.

BTW, "dealer mark up" = "ADM" or "ADP" Charges (Additional Dealer Markup)
Bogus charges added by greedy dealers. It means "Additional Dealer Markup" or "Additional Dealer Profit", and appears on a sticker next to manufacturer's MSRP sticker. I call it Arrogant Dealer Markup. ADM is an artificial buffer to bargain down the price. If ADM is $1000 and you talk them down $800, you still paid MSRP plus $200 for the car!

Actually, correct me if i am wrong, but when a dealer quotes a price to a customer, then that usually means that the dealer is willing to sell at that price, right?? Yes, it is true that the customer may or may not buy it, but that was not the point of the poster above.

And since you claim that davidsong won't say these things in front of your face, then i am sure that you are willing to give us what dealership you work at, right??
Old 11-13-08, 04:52 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tigmd99
The reason why i called you a punk is because of what you just posted...full of BS!

You know...most cars that cost more than $80,000 will not be built in large numbers. Is my G-wagen exclusive?? It costs more than $100,000 nowadays and Graz Austria can only make about 2000 max/year. How about a Cayenne? Or a Range Rover?? I doubt that these vehicles are built in large Camry-type numbers. Are all of these vehicles as exclusive as LX?? With your definition, then yes...but, that does not make the LX any more unique/exclusive, does it?? Or are you calling all cars above $80,000 exclusive?

You have a college degree and you are a salesman...well, i am glad that you have a job of some kind...and by the looks of it, you are not particular good at what the "Lexus" company wants you to convey.

BTW, "dealer mark up" = "ADM" or "ADP" Charges (Additional Dealer Markup)
Bogus charges added by greedy dealers. It means "Additional Dealer Markup" or "Additional Dealer Profit", and appears on a sticker next to manufacturer's MSRP sticker. I call it Arrogant Dealer Markup. ADM is an artificial buffer to bargain down the price. If ADM is $1000 and you talk them down $800, you still paid MSRP plus $200 for the car!

Actually, correct me if i am wrong, but when a dealer quotes a price to a customer, then that usually means that the dealer is willing to sell at that price, right?? Yes, it is true that the customer may or may not buy it, but that was not the point of the poster above.

And since you claim that davidsong won't say these things in front of your face, then i am sure that you are willing to give us what dealership you work at, right??

Where to start?

You called me a punk because I said something you didn't want to hear. No BS, no lying. I just voiced my opinion on an issue and you took to personal insults. I'm not here to be rude, and I haven't been. On the other hand, I am not going to tell you only what you want to hear. It's not BS to say that I work in the auto industry and I do not believe you will be able to pick up an LX at invoice price. It's just not something you want to hear.

You keep saying it's BS...what the hell are you talking about?

1) I don't quite know what your point is on exclusivity. It's a low-production, expensive vehicle. Range Rover's and Cayenne's are far more common than LX's. I would class the G-wagen as fairly exclusive, if not particularly worth it.

2) I have less stress and more money doing this than my previous job. I basically set my own hours and have a large amount of personal freedom. As for what I am supposed to convey, what is that? That salespeople love their clients unconditionally? You want me to make you feel all kittens and rainbows? What, exactly, am I supposed to convey, other than the fact that Lexus makes pretty much the best vehicles on the road?

And for someone mocking my education, your English skills appear to be on the level of a 5th-grader.

3) I said "mark-up", the amount of profit between the cost of an item and the retail price of the item. I said nothing about "Additional Dealer Mark-up" or "Market Adjustments", which are forbidden by Lexus.

4) You are wrong. I've seen it hundreds of times, quoting a price to get a customer in the door and then, all of a sudden, "that one sold" or "You must have mis-heard me" or whatever. Just because they float a price out there does not in any way obligate them to sell it at that price. Not until it's on a contract with signatures. The point is to get people in the door, then figure it out.

5) No, I won't tell you what dealership I work at. I am not here in a professional capacity to sell anyone a car, merely to offer a perspective from the other side of the table.

It's pretty ****ing cowardly to call someone a liar over the internet, especially when that person has not lied, and has been quite polite.

Last edited by kalvano; 11-13-08 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-13-08, 05:19 PM
syswei
Pole Position

I'm not a dealer.
I work in sales at a dealership.
dictionary results for: dealer

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) –noun 1. a person who buys and sells articles without altering their condition;

Now, you're the one causing the amusement, kalvano.
Old 11-13-08, 05:26 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

dictionary results for: dealer

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) –noun 1. a person who buys and sells articles without altering their condition;

Now, you're the one causing the amusement, kalvano.
Pretty hung up on that, aren't you?

I am not a dealer. My name is not on the sign, I don't get the profits from the overall sales, I don't run the place, I don't order the inventory.

I work for a dealer. I am not a dealer. A dealer is Sewell, Longo, Lexus of Austin.

Shockingly, now that you have defined dealer, and I have defined what I do, nothing has changed.
Old 11-13-08, 05:50 PM
syswei
Pole Position

Pretty hung up on that, aren't you?

I am not a dealer. My name is not on the sign, I don't get the profits from the overall sales, I don't run the place, I don't order the inventory.

I work for a dealer. I am not a dealer. A dealer is Sewell, Longo, Lexus of Austin.

Shockingly, now that you have defined dealer, and I have defined what I do, nothing has changed.
Oh, please, for someone who claims to be college educated, you are pretty dense. From the context in which we were using the word "dealer" in the discussion earlier, it should have been clear, to any intelligent person, that we were not talking about "dealer" in the sense of "entity", as you have attempted to do just now. Entities don't make posts on boards like this. They aren't physically capable of it. It should have been clear, to any intelligent person, that the word "dealer" in the context in which we were using it, means "one who works for a dealership." ...i.e., a person, as the word "dealer" is used in the dictionary definition I posted. Yet you had the gall to claim "I'm not a dealer."

Did you take lessons from Bill Clinton? "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." "I didn't inhale."

I'm getting weary of your typical car salesman doublespeak. Good night.

Last edited by syswei; 11-13-08 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-13-08, 06:27 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Oh, please, for someone who claims to be college educated, you are pretty dense. From the context in which we were using the word "dealer" in the discussion earlier, it should have been clear, to any intelligent person, that we were not talking about "dealer" in the sense of "entity", as you have attempted to do just now. Entities don't make posts on boards like this. They aren't physically capable of it. It should have been clear, to any intelligent person, that the word "dealer" in the context in which we were using it, means "one who works for a dealership." ...i.e., a person, as the word "dealer" is used in the dictionary definition I posted. Yet you had the gall to claim "I'm not a dealer."

Did you take lessons from Bill Clinton? "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." "I didn't inhale."

I'm getting weary of your typical car salesman doublespeak. Good night.

You're the one throwing dictionary definitions around.

But I am tired of you ignorant bull****, so good night as well.
Old 11-13-08, 06:41 PM
LexFather

This is closed, I am not going to clean this up.

Some thoughts
1. Don't respond to the OP with basically "lol", which incites flames
2. No personal attacks. Keep the conversation on the topic even if you disagree with it.
3. Clublexus allows employees to post at their discretion. ONly paid vendors can advertise or have a contact for sales.
4. The LX IS indeed a limited production vehicle.
5. From what I have seen, some dealers are marking them off, some have NONE in stock still. It depends on where you are located.
6. I will start another thread as the OP's thread got hi-jacked. If the same behavior repeats in that thread, infractions will be given.