LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Just picked up 2010 and have questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-09, 08:11 PM
acLX570
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up 2010 and have questions

How do you transfer songs from CD or USB to the HDD.

Also, I used a 16GB USB memory stick and the LX won't recognize it. I even reformatted to FAT32 and still won't recognize it. I'm stunned as I would have expected Lexus/Toyota electronics to work on the first try considering my BMW and Maserati recognized the same USB stick on the first try.

Any suggestions?

Last question, the headlights are way too dim compared to HID/Xenon, anyone did a conversion on these trucks?
Old 12-16-09, 08:05 AM
ige
Rookie

1) On the audio screen press the red record touch button. I don't know if there's another way to transfer CDs to the HDD.
2) I have no idea.
3) LX570 does not have an HID headlights, Middle-East version has Xenon on high beams but it is not HID too.
Old 12-17-09, 10:17 AM
acLX570
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ige
1) On the audio screen press the red record touch button. I don't know if there's another way to transfer CDs to the HDD.
2) I have no idea.
3) LX570 does not have an HID headlights, Middle-East version has Xenon on high beams but it is not HID too.
Just found out Lexus took out the HDD for 2010.

I ordered HID conversion kit from Xenon Depot. Steve is one awesome dude. So helpful, decided to order a set for our Odessey as well (we hardly drive this but once you have Xenon, it's hard to get used to Halogens). Kudos to Steve at Xenon Depot!
Old 12-18-09, 09:49 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks bud! It was my pleasure. I appreciate you taking the time to post some feedback on the board =)

Steve
Old 12-19-09, 01:01 AM
ige
Rookie

Is it as sharp and as colorful as the ones found OEM in Range Rover/Sport?
Old 12-19-09, 06:47 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What in involved with installation of the HID kit? Is there a link to an instruction manual? Is there any "destruction" involved??
Old 12-21-09, 08:36 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Please view this link for some after shots:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx5...installed.html

Hopefully acLX570 can post some feedback one he gets his installed =)

Steve
Old 12-23-09, 12:59 PM
AyM
Driver School Candidate

I liked my LX470 mechanics, engine, smoothness. I even liked the sound of audio, it was better than in some other cars. But I don't know why - but Lexus is always behind others in audio electronics, my LX470 ( 2004) doesn't play MP3 CDs, they introduced this USB just in 2010 for 570 model while in X5 BMW for example it is from 2007 and etc...

IMHO for this Japanese brand is better to cooperate with some other Japanese brand such as Sony to be ahead of electronics development.
Old 12-24-09, 02:49 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the new LX. As far as HID's go, if you are wanting to match the stock look of Land Rover's HID projector lamps, you need to get the 4300k lights. Beings that the LX has projectors, just not HID lights, they will look the same. You will get your best light output/visibility with the 4300's. However, if you want a slightly "bluer" color output than the pure white stock look, go with 6000k bulbs. Like I said though, the higher you go in color, the more aftermarket they will look while producing less visibilty. Check out xenondepot.com as mentioned above. Be sure to post pics after you install them!
Old 01-04-10, 07:08 PM
acLX570
Driver School Candidate

HID install complete. Unfortunately the installer did not take pictures of "step by step". I did the headlights and fogs and they had to remove the bumper. I will say that the installer stated that these were some of the best quality HID kit he's seen. I did go with the 4300K and WOW, what a night and day difference. The fog lights, I should have left alone because the light seems to project in all directions making it very bright, so now we don't even use the fogs til we're in really dark areas. 2 to xenondepot.com and their professionalism and courtesy. I'd buy more kits from them but all my other cars have Xenons stock from factory. Next project is our Honda Odessey which I've already purchased from xenondepot.com . I looked under the hood of the Odessey and this does appear to be a DIY project, unlike the LX570, I left it up to the pros to do it.
Old 01-05-10, 11:19 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Glad to hear it! Thanks again for taking the time to post some feedback. It was a pleasure speaking with you. Thank you for your business and please let me know if I can be of any assistance in regards to your Odyssey installation.

Steve
Old 01-05-10, 01:38 PM
acLX570
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Glad to hear it! Thanks again for taking the time to post some feedback. It was a pleasure speaking with you. Thank you for your business and please let me know if I can be of any assistance in regards to your Odyssey installation.

Steve
Thanks Steve, Odessey went to the same great hands as th LX...realized I rather let them handle it and do the job right. Funny thing is, everyone is sorta making jokes that I'm "modding" per say, a minivan...LOL. Well, after the LX HID install, I realized what a world of difference your kit made and decided the Honda could use it when we go on a long trip with the kids and niece and nephew kinda thing. Otherwise the Honda is a driveway queen.
Old 01-05-10, 02:55 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

I think manvan would be the correct term over at odyclub.com =)

Glad to hear you're happy!

I Hope you have a happy and healthy year,

Steve
Old 01-05-10, 04:39 PM
acLX570
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
I think manvan would be the correct term over at odyclub.com =)

Glad to hear you're happy!

I Hope you have a happy and healthy year,

Steve
Manvan...love it Happy New Year to you too!
Old 04-06-10, 08:05 AM
jimmyo
Driver School Candidate

acLX570, Would you still have to remove the front bumper if you had left the fog lights alone and can you give me the name,address & phone # of your installer along with who to speak to there. Thanks Jimmy.

Quick Reply: Just picked up 2010 and have questions