LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

When is the 2013 Lexus LX570 going to be available for order?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-12 | 04:48 PM
John R.
Driver

Originally Posted by chicky
I did speak to Lexus in Pleasanton, and they said they can't compete with the $1,000 over invoice deal I got elsewhere.

I'm not sure how "sought after" a 90k gas guzzling SUV is though. I think that's a myth the dealerships like to perpetuate. How much of the population has the money to drive one of these things? They're base of potential clientele has to be relatively small. If consumers understood that and understood we hold the power (because we have the money!) we wouldn't have to pay MSRP. But to accomplish this, you've got to have everyone refuse to pay MSRP and when that happens, they are willing to deal. They only ask MSRP because knuckleheads are willing to pay it--no offense to any knuckleheads here

I've never paid MSRP for a vehicle (or even close to that) and I never will. I'll pick something else before that happens.
A dealer near me has the first 4 sold, and has delivered 1 already. Supply and demand. Good luck on $1,000 over invoice.
Old 02-24-12 | 04:53 PM
chicky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by John R.
A dealer near me has the first 4 sold, and has delivered 1 already. Supply and demand. Good luck on $1,000 over invoice.
Well, John, that dealer that told me that has now taken back his offer to sell me one for $1,000 over invoice. That makes twice now Lexus dealers have backed out on pricing with me. And the offers on my trade have been downright offensive. Anywhere from $8k - 10k below trade in value for my vehicle.

I may have to give up on owning an LX for now and come back when gas is $6.00 a gal and dealers will be giving them away....
Old 02-24-12 | 04:58 PM
John R.
Driver

If someone can afford $90,000, $6.00 gas won't bother them. And I would be prepared for routinely paying $100+ for fill ups. And if you are not comfortable with that, I would suggest staying on the sidelines like most of us.
Old 02-24-12 | 05:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

demand on the lx is very high but it's not here in the US, it's russia and middle east. a lot of the car are bought (new and used) and the shipped out of the country. that's why their prices usually stay pretty high. my gut feeling is the price will stay high for a while on the 2013
Old 02-24-12 | 06:15 PM
John R.
Driver

I think you are correct.
Old 02-25-12 | 08:13 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
demand on the lx is very high but it's not here in the US, it's russia and middle east. a lot of the car are bought (new and used) and the shipped out of the country. that's why their prices usually stay pretty high. my gut feeling is the price will stay high for a while on the 2013
Thats solved...
http://www.bumcsal.com/
http://www.toyota.com.jo/lexus/
http://www.lexus.com.sa/
http://www.lexusoman.com/English/index.html
http://www.lexus.ae/english/section.aspx?id=2069
http://www.lexus.ae/
http://www.lexusqatar.com/
http://www.lexus.com.kw/
http://www.toyota-iran.com/lexus/
http://www.lexus.com.bh/
Old 02-25-12 | 08:31 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Maybe it depends on where you live but since many dealers aren't allocated a lot of them, they are in high demand. I stopped by my dealer today and they received 3 last week and all were sold by today although I did get to see one that was there today and it looked great. Because of this they will not make deals on these because they dont have to.
Old 02-25-12 | 11:08 PM
yipster222
Rookie

There are deals available just have to be patient and search for them.

Just purchased a 2013 LX 570...Gray with Black interior.

MSRP $89,748.00
$93,500 OTD

Lexus has a $1500 rebate which they are not telling any customers.
Old 02-25-12 | 11:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

you think that's the solution? hardly. lexus can't send cars to those regions fast enough. avg wait time for a LC or LX in those areas are very long, and shippers still continuously ship tons of LC and LX out of the US to those regions and make a good profit selling them.

look back to the pricing and resale of the LX and LC and try figure out why it's so ridiculously strong compared to most other luxury vehicles. it's all supply and demand.

Originally Posted by patgilm
Maybe it depends on where you live but since many dealers aren't allocated a lot of them, they are in high demand. I stopped by my dealer today and they received 3 last week and all were sold by today although I did get to see one that was there today and it looked great. Because of this they will not make deals on these because they dont have to.
i think you misunderstood my post. what i tried to say was that the demand on LX here in the US is higher than the supply (mostly), that's why the prices would likely stay high for a while
Old 02-26-12 | 04:44 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

i think you misunderstood my post. what i tried to say was that the demand on LX here in the US is higher than the supply (mostly), that's why the prices would likely stay high for a while
I did misunderstand your post, it was late when I posted.
Old 02-26-12 | 10:27 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

you think that's the solution? hardly. lexus can't send cars to those regions fast enough. avg wait time for a LC or LX in those areas are very long, and shippers still continuously ship tons of LC and LX out of the US to those regions and make a good profit selling them.

look back to the pricing and resale of the LX and LC and try figure out why it's so ridiculously strong compared to most other luxury vehicles. it's all supply and demand.
Ah man I thought was on to something, looks I'm just on something.

I have heard East coast dealers shipping cars there, but it not as common on the west coast right?
Old 02-26-12 | 11:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Mjthind
Ah man I thought was on to something, looks I'm just on something.

I have heard East coast dealers shipping cars there, but it not as common on the west coast right?
oh nono, west coast is just as bad. i see shippers everywhere. i also know quite a few dealership people and people going to auctions and the fights over LC and LX are crazy. a lot of the shippers are just third party individuals / entities with connections overseas, they grab all the cars and export them.

in fact, i find prices of used LC and LX to be generally higher (not drastic though) here in the west coast, my guess is that the cars don't see snow and salt so generally better quality and thus higher demand.

but look at the bright side, if you get a new one, the car really doesn't depreciate much over time given its status and price. most luxury cars depreciate 50% or more over 3 years avg miles. for the LX, it's about 25-30%, that's insane. in some way, this is one of those few cases where buying new almost makes more sense than buying used
Old 02-27-12 | 04:47 AM
caha14
Racer

but look at the bright side, if you get a new one, the car really doesn't depreciate much over time given its status and price. most luxury cars depreciate 50% or more over 3 years avg miles. for the LX, it's about 25-30%, that's insane. in some way, this is one of those few cases where buying new almost makes more sense than buying used
Along those same lines - not to go off topic, but given that we are talking about resale value - does it even make sense to lease one (ignoring tax reasons, etc.)?

Based on some old postings on edmunds.com, I gather that 3-year residuals used on lease contracts were north of 50% but not nearly in-line with what the historical LX570 resale value would imply, so leasing would seem like an expensive proposition with little-to-no advantage over traditional financing.

In theory, you could buy the LX at book value at the end of the lease term and then sell it to recoup some money, but who's going to do that?
Old 02-27-12 | 08:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by caha14
Along those same lines - not to go off topic, but given that we are talking about resale value - does it even make sense to lease one (ignoring tax reasons, etc.)?

Based on some old postings on edmunds.com, I gather that 3-year residuals used on lease contracts were north of 50% but not nearly in-line with what the historical LX570 resale value would imply, so leasing would seem like an expensive proposition with little-to-no advantage over traditional financing.

In theory, you could buy the LX at book value at the end of the lease term and then sell it to recoup some money, but who's going to do that?
it depends though, anyone know what is the residual LFS (lexus financial services) set on the lx?
Old 02-27-12 | 09:31 AM
caha14
Racer

it depends though, anyone know what is the residual LFS (lexus financial services) set on the lx?
Yes, but that's my point - I have no idea what the residuals are today, but as recently as last fall, I saw postings hovering around 49 to 51% for 3 years at 15k miles-a-year, hardly a deal. This is also more or less consistent with what you can back out using a payment from LFS's payment estimator and a MF of around .0021 (which appears to be the norm for the LX, though I did see a posting around .0018 or so), again not too competitive.

Quick Reply: When is the 2013 Lexus LX570 going to be available for order?