LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

just bought 2013 LX

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-12, 06:04 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by caha14
"They" meaning GSs or LXs? Not available on the GS as I understand it, and available on the LX only with the Luxury Package.
I mean gs, I have key card on my lx, it's loaded except PCS
Old 06-12-12, 11:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

gs doesn't come with key card as far as i know
Old 06-17-12, 12:50 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what do you like and what do you dislike, now that you have had for a couple of weeks...

Last edited by MjThind; 06-17-12 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-17-12, 04:01 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mjthind
So what do you like and what do you dislike, now that you have had for a couple of weeks...
To be honest with you, since I bought it, I only for one day, and it been in my garage since, because i am kinda tempting to get the clear bra done before I get any rock chips, but I like it better than the 2011 that I tested drove, it seem quieter, and it has LEDs drl and hid the front bumper much nicer, over all I liked more than the 11 one
Old 06-17-12, 06:17 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ohiois350
To be honest with you, since I bought it, I only for one day, and it been in my garage since, because i am kinda tempting to get the clear bra done before I get any rock chips, but I like it better than the 2011 that I tested drove, it seem quieter, and it has LEDs drl and hid the front bumper much nicer, over all I liked more than the 11 one
After you get some time behind the wheel be sure to post a review...
Old 06-19-12, 03:33 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Put any more mile on her yet?
Old 06-19-12, 08:30 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mjthind
Put any more mile on her yet?
yeah I drove yesterday, for some reason the trunk is little shake when I drive about 45mph to 50, i think it cause it because the truck is just sit there for long time?, but later it drive fine, and also it has a rubber burn smell after the truck is stop, I think it is because the truck is heavy for the new tires to break in? or the drive belt too new? but overall i like it and I just installed the Prestigious society nav and video enhancement system, and I love it, now i can enter destination while I drive and watch video in motion Now I have over 100 miles, i am tempting to get the full front clear bra.
Old 07-24-12, 02:57 PM
LexGX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah I drove yesterday, for some reason the trunk is little shake when I drive about 45mph to 50, i think it cause it because the truck is just sit there for long time?, but later it drive fine, and also it has a rubber burn smell after the truck is stop, I think it is because the truck is heavy for the new tires to break in? or the drive belt too new? but overall i like it and I just installed the Prestigious society nav and video enhancement system, and I love it, now i can enter destination while I drive and watch video in motion Now I have over 100 miles, i am tempting to get the full front clear bra.
I don't know if its common or not but your trunk shouldn't be shaking. Not for a lexus quality car anyways. I've broken in a few new cars and never had that burning rubber smell. I think you should see what is actually causing it to do that.
Old 07-24-12, 03:18 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The tires could be flat spotting when parked and then when you drive on them for awhile it goes away. The truck is brand new, you might have a little heat smell for a little while. It should go away.
Old 07-25-12, 08:49 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

What a beauty love it! Who would buy an Escalade or even Range Rover over this is beyond me!
Old 07-25-12, 08:56 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PRSUIT460
The tires could be flat spotting when parked and then when you drive on them for awhile it goes away. The truck is brand new, you might have a little heat smell for a little while. It should go away.
yeah I hope it would go away, the smell like the rubber burn, but that smell like the drive belts burn smell, but it coming from the rear? that weird? If i drive for another 500 miles, and the smell still come, I will take to Lexus to check, but now my truck has 435 miles I love it so far it is so quite from the inside except it really loud roar when I start it, I think I am not use to V8 big block truck before
Old 07-25-12, 08:59 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexGX
I don't know if its common or not but your trunk shouldn't be shaking. Not for a lexus quality car anyways. I've broken in a few new cars and never had that burning rubber smell. I think you should see what is actually causing it to do that.
I think maybe it happen when I parked my truck for a while, but after I drive it, and drive it again no more shake, it seem like the tires can not handle the weight of the truck?
Old 07-25-12, 09:34 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusChris
What a beauty love it! Who would buy an Escalade or even Range Rover over this is beyond me!
I agree. I was at the Chicago auto show this year and couldn't believe and Escalade was 80K. Crazy..

yeah I hope it would go away, the smell like the rubber burn, but that smell like the drive belts burn smell, but it coming from the rear? that weird? If i drive for another 500 miles, and the smell still come, I will take to Lexus to check, but now my truck has 435 miles I love it so far it is so quite from the inside except it really loud roar when I start it, I think I am not use to V8 big block truck before
It is a little strange. I do get a smell when I grease up my fittings on my driveshaft on my 4Runner. Some grease flings out of the seal and onto my exhaust and will slightly smell. Give it a little longer and it wouldn't hurt to have it checked out.
Old 07-31-12, 10:40 PM
WAHunt3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sort of like you, I just had my '13 LX-570 delivered - Onyx Black and Parchment.

Back in about '05, I headed out to get an LX-470, but the 570's were out. I went to the local Phoenix dealer, and was told that I had to buy one, to see one, and then, I had to take the color that came up, when my name did. Took my '00 Landcrusier in for service, and talked to their sales dept. Was told about the same thing.

I put my name in for a black & parchment LX-570, but refused to buy one.

Within a month, we were back at Blackberry Farm, and they are a Lexus Resort, with a dozen vehicles for guests. I checked out one of the LX-570's, and decided that I wanted one. Over the next few years, I drove one of there (updated with each model year), but there were none in Phoenix - only white, or pearl. The dealer kept trying to convince me to buy another model, but as I have had Landcruisers for 30 years, with zero trouble, I was not interested, and, my '00 Landcruiser only had about 60K on it, and was in perfect shape.

Early this year, Phoenix got their first black LX-570, but it was an '11, and I had read about the '13s, and knew that was what I wanted. The Phoenix dealer told me that it might be a year, or two, before they had a black LX-570, so I began calling around the country, and found one in New Orleans, arriving just as I would be there for a meeting. That is the one that I bought. Had it shipped out, and now have 66 miles on it. Maybe it was Blackberry Farm, or something else, but Lexus paid the shipping to Phoenix from New Orleans. Nice touch.

So far, great truck, but it is a shame that I have to travel to Blackberry Farm, just to see one, and test drive it. Something is wrong with that picture.

I hated to bid farewell to my Landcruiser, as it was a great truck, but the LX is something else completely.

Soon, I will give a full review. There are many great features, but then a few areas, where things could be improved a bit. I bought my wife a '10 MB AMG S-class, and it has some nice features, that could fit in for the LX. However, the LX has some features, the Mercedes could learn from too! I'll try to outline those features, should anyone care.

Hunt
Old 08-01-12, 08:11 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by WAHunt3
Sort of like you, I just had my '13 LX-570 delivered - Onyx Black and Parchment.

Back in about '05, I headed out to get an LX-470, but the 570's were out. I went to the local Phoenix dealer, and was told that I had to buy one, to see one, and then, I had to take the color that came up, when my name did. Took my '00 Landcrusier in for service, and talked to their sales dept. Was told about the same thing.

I put my name in for a black & parchment LX-570, but refused to buy one.

Within a month, we were back at Blackberry Farm, and they are a Lexus Resort, with a dozen vehicles for guests. I checked out one of the LX-570's, and decided that I wanted one. Over the next few years, I drove one of there (updated with each model year), but there were none in Phoenix - only white, or pearl. The dealer kept trying to convince me to buy another model, but as I have had Landcruisers for 30 years, with zero trouble, I was not interested, and, my '00 Landcruiser only had about 60K on it, and was in perfect shape.

Early this year, Phoenix got their first black LX-570, but it was an '11, and I had read about the '13s, and knew that was what I wanted. The Phoenix dealer told me that it might be a year, or two, before they had a black LX-570, so I began calling around the country, and found one in New Orleans, arriving just as I would be there for a meeting. That is the one that I bought. Had it shipped out, and now have 66 miles on it. Maybe it was Blackberry Farm, or something else, but Lexus paid the shipping to Phoenix from New Orleans. Nice touch.

So far, great truck, but it is a shame that I have to travel to Blackberry Farm, just to see one, and test drive it. Something is wrong with that picture.

I hated to bid farewell to my Landcruiser, as it was a great truck, but the LX is something else completely.

Soon, I will give a full review. There are many great features, but then a few areas, where things could be improved a bit. I bought my wife a '10 MB AMG S-class, and it has some nice features, that could fit in for the LX. However, the LX has some features, the Mercedes could learn from too! I'll try to outline those features, should anyone care.

Hunt
i am very interested about the S class vs. LX , really what can be improved on both cars...

Quick Reply: just bought 2013 LX