LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Wow, Safety Connect / Roadside Assistance really stinks

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-15, 07:36 AM
dave635
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Wow, Safety Connect / Roadside Assistance really stinks

Battery died, so I thought, oh great, now I can use that lexus subscription service I pay so much for.

So as the battery is dead, I call roadside assistant directly.

They tell me my roadside assistance is not active. What? I pay lots each year.

Oh you have safety connect... will have to transfer you. What? wait? Too late.

New person, have to go over all my info again. Why do they need the vin number? Don't they have account info? Anyway, after going through all that they pass me... back to roadside assistance. Have to go through the same thing again.

Finally, they tell me someone is on the way. 30 minutes go by. Hour. Automated call comes in "Are they there yet?" press 2 for no, and I get connected to roadside assistance who have no idea who I am and next I know they are connecting me my insurance company's road side assistance. What?

So no one ever came, and I wound up thankful I kept my AAA number. They showed up.

Seriously, if Lexus is going to have a service like this and stamp the Lexus brand on it, they have to have it work better than this craziness, or maybe charge a whole lot less. I got it to save me time and get a premium service. In the end I wasted lots of time and they never showed up. Crazy.

Sticking with AAA for now.
Old 05-06-15, 02:33 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Hope you cancel the Lexus service. Thanks for the heads up. I have towing on my insurance policy. Better to call someone local, JMHO
Old 05-06-15, 02:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i strongly recommend you post your experience here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...r-service-271/

lexus needs to know about this. i always think they lack in roadside assistance and this is a prime example
Old 05-06-15, 07:37 PM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Similar to experience I had last summer. Called from the rifle range, they couldn't understand why I wasn't on a numbered Hwy. They said someone would be right there. Waited an hour, called AAA and they said they already had a call on me. They received the call from Lexus. WTF. I pay to have them call AAA? When the guy finally showed up, 3 hours later, he looked like he had to wait for high school to let out before he went on the job. He asked for my owner's manual because he didn't have any idea how to jump the car. Real bad experience.
Old 05-06-15, 09:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by REDHORSE
Similar to experience I had last summer. Called from the rifle range, they couldn't understand why I wasn't on a numbered Hwy. They said someone would be right there. Waited an hour, called AAA and they said they already had a call on me. They received the call from Lexus. WTF. I pay to have them call AAA? When the guy finally showed up, 3 hours later, he looked like he had to wait for high school to let out before he went on the job. He asked for my owner's manual because he didn't have any idea how to jump the car. Real bad experience.
well yes, i think that's true. quite a few sales told me in the past that lexus roadside they basically call aaa (or other services) to come out
Old 05-07-15, 01:50 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 512 Likes on 383 Posts

I have had to use this service once when my friendly local BP station had water in their tanks. Filled up and did not get a few blocks away and my LX470 died. I must have been lucky as the tow truck was on site in less than 30 minutes and he gave me a ride back to the office on the way to taking my LX to the dealer.

I am not sure the service is cost efficient as anyone can call AAA. Some of the features are nice like accident detection.
Old 05-07-15, 02:38 AM
Lexus63641
Driver School Candidate

Get my advise and dont subscribe to these services (road assistance) instead write down their call center (or hotline) and save them .. in case of trouble call any of them and ask how much it will take them to appear then you can pay later. After all, these things dont happen so often that you need a subscription. One time my Jeep died in middle of the highway, called AAA without subscription and they were with me in 10min.
Old 07-14-15, 08:53 AM
CBRDude
Rookie

When my free trial ran out that was it. Canned it! Most of these are recycled AAA programs anyway.

I've been using USAA's Roadside Assist program. Cover all the vehicles in the house.

They pick your location from your cell phone. Done! Never a complaint!

I have MBrace on the Mercedes! Complete waste of money. 1/2 if not more it can't locate the car. When I send the address to the Comand, 99.99% of the time it invokes the service and calls for directions.

I have complained and complained to no avail. when it runs out I'm done with it!
Old 07-15-15, 02:12 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 512 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by REDHORSE
There are no Lexus wreckers. They had always used AAA.
I have owned Mercedes and their service cost twice what Lexus charges.
Old 10-08-15, 12:11 PM
CBRDude
Rookie

Greg is spot on! Mercedes just contacts out the deed. Lexus came once as it was a remote issue, the rest of the time it too was farmed out!

Never hooked the Lexus up. The Benz came with 3 free months and some other service that was additional on top of the free 90 days. The newer Benz's use a much more robust system. I suspect the older the car gets the less they support the telematics. Benz uses Verizon. not sure on Lexus. On my wife's fleet Jeep they use Sprint.
Old 10-12-15, 09:12 AM
vshank
Driver School Candidate

we always just call our local dealer. thankfully Sewell has great service
Old 11-09-15, 03:33 PM
Lairdangus
Driver School Candidate

I have 2010 HS250hs (certified pre-owned) with 41,000 miles on it, and this just happened to me as well. No real warning, just going down the highway when the dashboard lit up and the car basically shut down. It gave me about 30 seconds of weak power to get to the shouldet, and then the car locked up.

I am literally sitting in the car waiting for roadside assistance. Very scary. If I hadn't made it to the shoulder, I would be sitting in the middle of a busy interstate in pouring rain.

Originally Posted by vshank
we always just call our local dealer. thankfully Sewell has great service