LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Newbie Questions (USB, Wrap, Coding)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-15, 06:03 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Newbie Questions (USB, Wrap, Coding)

Hi everyone. I have been lurking around here since owning an LX 470 for several years. Singed up on ih8mud but never got lured as it was more off-road oriented. Looks like I'll be picking up a '13 LX 570 this week to replace the 470 aka "The Green Monster" (to be sold soon).

Would appreciate if anyone would advise on the following.

USB - Has anyone moved the location of the USB port to the cool box or the glove box? I have a USB hub connected in my other cars, allowing multiple devices and charging. Would like to achieve the same with the LX, but in its current location that would be clumsy.

Wrap - Anyone wrapped their LX? My online searches show a matte green and a gold (no thanks). I am considering a "Frozen Grey", bushed titanium or a frozen brown wrap if I end up with a black exterior (among the 3 I am looking at buying). Anyone wrapped their LX? Any feedback on compilation or ease of application would be great, for instance installers' issues, if any, with trim removals.

Coding - I have a BMW (X5 F15) and a two MBs, Both, especially the BMW, is very conducive to coding. You can code everything from changing the distance on the radar cruise to door handle lights on reverse, to anti-dazzle headlights (continuous beam adjustments with shadow boxes) and even basics like changing the tone/duration of the lock chirp and much much more. BMW voids warranties if you code powertrain ECUs, but if you are messing with settings available as a part of the configuration for other markets they don't. Is there any such thing for Lexus? Can I download a software anywhere, connect to the OBDII and change some things (naming the tire pressure readings to LR, LL, RR, etc come to mind)?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by MattBianco; 12-06-15 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-07-15, 03:52 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by MattBianco
Hi everyone. I have been lurking around here since owning an LX 470 for several years. Singed up on ih8mud but never got lured as it was more off-road oriented. Looks like I'll be picking up a '13 LX 570 this week to replace the 470 aka "The Green Monster" (to be sold soon).

Coding - I have a BMW (X5 F15) and a two MBs, Both, especially the BMW, is very conducive to coding. You can code everything from changing the distance on the radar cruise to door handle lights on reverse, to anti-dazzle headlights (continuous beam adjustments with shadow boxes) and even basics like changing the tone/duration of the lock chirp and much much more. BMW voids warranties if you code powertrain ECUs, but if you are messing with settings available as a part of the configuration for other markets they don't. Is there any such thing for Lexus? Can I download a software anywhere, connect to the OBDII and change some things (naming the tire pressure readings to LR, LL, RR, etc come to mind)?

Thank you in advance.
To me, ih8mud.com is street-oriented if that's your thing, off-road favorable if you like that, or both if you do both. There is no larger repository of LC and LX stuff on the web, period.

As to software, google Toyota TIS and go from there. I doubt you can re-name the tire pressure screen details, but with it you can do anything your dealer can. It's definitely not free...but it's all you've got since Toyota decide to stop publishing factory shop manuals following the 2010 MY.

Steve

Last edited by hankinid; 12-08-15 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12-07-15, 04:30 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Originally Posted by hankinid

As to software, google Toyota TIS and go from there. I doubt you can re-name the tire pressure screen details, but with it you can do anything your dealer can. It's definitely not free...but it's all you've got since Toyota decide to stop publishing factory shop manuals following the 2010 MY.

Steve
Thank you. Very useful. Learning the phrase TIS from you led me to Techstream. and eventually to post #137 here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ml#post8884240 There is quite a bit of customization/configuration that can be done -far more than I anticipated. I found several good YouTubes as well. Thanks again.

Last edited by MattBianco; 12-07-15 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-08-15, 12:02 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Originally Posted by hankinid
To me, ih8mud.com is street-oriented if that's your thing, off-road favorable if you like that, or both if you do both. There is no larger repository of LC and LX stuff on the web, period.

Steve
Thank you again... I had a thank you note, but as a new member it looks like I am not able to post without getting a review from a hall monitor here. It posted, then disappeared. Anyway, thanks again. The TIS info was quite useful, and I learned you can actually do quite a bit of changes to the settings.