Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-16, 08:04 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 426 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by ellags430
i have rear fogs that work fine though?

im more interested in just moving the reverse lights, but i may flag it on the basis of having to move so much wiring so damn far, (from bottom to top tailgate)
Routing the wiring is what takes patience. Any wiring you add to the body-mounted light needs to start under the left rear trim panel, then up to the grommet inside and through that to the tail light housing.You can remove the harness cover to make it easier. Expect to remove a bunch of plastic panels.

+12V wire to rear foglight should be green. If you can find that wire under the panel, simply splice there and route.

Steve

Last edited by hankinid; 03-23-16 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-23-16, 08:25 PM
ellags430
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ohhhh yes, i have a trailer harness plugged in there i could take off the wiring for reverse from...

which bloody reminds me i gotta start a thread about trying to run LC 200 trailer harness in my LX570 (whatta nightmare)
Old 03-23-16, 08:31 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
Matt, I still haven't found any LED choices that get the light out like HID's or halogen lights...HID's from Hella were a little spendy,

If you're writing about the clear spot with nothing there on the upper outside lights, nothing goes there...long thread on mud about it a month or so ago.

I'm looking at the lower reflectors just below them on my Cruiser...reflector bottom is even more or less with rear bumper step. I was under the impression that LX's have rear fogs in those 2 locations...am I correct?

Steve
Best I have found is the Opt7 kit on Amazon.
Amazon.com: OPT7 LED Headlight Bulbs w/ Clear Arc-Beam Kit - H11 (H8, H9) - 60w 7,000Lm 6K Cool White CREE - 2 Yr Warranty: Automotive Amazon.com: OPT7 LED Headlight Bulbs w/ Clear Arc-Beam Kit - H11 (H8, H9) - 60w 7,000Lm 6K Cool White CREE - 2 Yr Warranty: Automotive
I have retrofitted an extra set of Mercedes S550 projectors in my ES 330 into the fog lights so I am running quad projectors. They really are headlight grade bulbs and very bright.
Old 03-23-16, 08:34 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

One of the first things I am doing when I get my LX or LC is replacing the reflector fog lights with projectors.
Old 03-23-16, 09:26 PM
ellags430
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what are you trying to do achieve by doing this exactly? foglights are meant to have a wide spread of light to make the vehicle more visible and help light the road up...
i dont see how projectors can help anything apart from making the car look more modified... but not achieving much.
Old 03-23-16, 10:44 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Originally Posted by ellags430
what are you trying to do achieve by doing this exactly? foglights are meant to have a wide spread of light to make the vehicle more visible and help light the road up...
i dont see how projectors can help anything apart from making the car look more modified... but not achieving much.
Brighter headlights... to see obstacles, people, or deer further down the road. More intensity and more width. 3200 lumens at four points.
Old 03-23-16, 11:02 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Chocolate
One of the first things I am doing when I get my LX or LC is replacing the reflector fog lights with projectors.
A newer LX may come with projectors...wife/s '01 LX and them from the factory. I saw a major improvement (in actual fog) by changing the bulbs to ~ 3500K...yellow-ish.

White lights do a great job of blinding the driver, assuming they're in real fog,
Old 03-23-16, 11:30 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Originally Posted by hankinid
A newer LX may come with projectors...wife/s '01 LX and them from the factory. I saw a major improvement (in actual fog) by changing the bulbs to ~ 3500K...yellow-ish.

White lights do a great job of blinding the driver, assuming they're in real fog,
Yes, the 2013-2015 LX has Xenon projector lows and 9005 projector highs.

Most standard, reflector based fog lights don't add much distance, I also wanted something that looked a little different than something with highs on - they are bright but glare is manageable.
What's worse - bright headlights or 12-14mpg?
Old 03-24-16, 10:57 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Chocolate
Yes, the 2013-2015 LX has Xenon projector lows and 9005 projector highs.

Most standard, reflector based fog lights don't add much distance, I also wanted something that looked a little different than something with highs on - they are bright but glare is manageable.
What's worse - bright headlights or 12-14mpg?
I drive both the LX and Cruiser in the ECT mode...Coming off Suburbans, I'm aware of the mpg stuff. But complaining about mileage on these trucks is crazy...what do people expect?

I guess "what's worse" depends on how much real fog you get. When you can see ahead about one dashed line in the middle of a 2-lane highway, you need as much glare-free light as you can get. At that point, you just drive 15-20 mph and pray you catch up with a semi.

Steve

Last edited by hankinid; 03-25-16 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-24-16, 02:37 PM
JDJackson
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's up with all this text stuff.... up with the pics!!
Old 03-24-16, 05:20 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDJackson
What's up with all this text stuff.... up with the pics!!
Where, approximately, are you in Idaho...swmbo are talking about some easy 4-wheeling up to Idaho City and maybe back to US 95 the back way. I'm generally about 30 miles south of BOI.

As to pics...how 'bout a vid?

Old 03-25-16, 05:54 AM
JDJackson
Driver

I am approximately at the corner of Overland and Cloverdale, so very close to you! PM me here or on the MUD - LCHardriver_02 as to when you guys are thinking of heading out and maybe we can join. My father is in town and I was thinking of taking him out to the Owyhees on Saturday to look around, but I would be open to running up to Idaho City and getting on some fire service roads up there... if the snow is melted enough.

Oh, and as for my pic... I need to take more of the LX. :-)
Old 03-28-16, 08:53 AM
JDJackson
Driver

So, last weekend we traveled up to Lake Cascade for lunch and to check snow levels. Looking forward to getting the LX out with the Lance trailer this coming weekend. Here is a pic of the LX while up in Cascade, Idaho.
Attached Thumbnails Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-p3190067.jpg  
Old 04-09-16, 03:23 PM
JDJackson
Driver

Originally Posted by JDJackson
So, last weekend we traveled up to Lake Cascade for lunch and to check snow levels. Looking forward to getting the LX out with the Lance trailer this coming weekend. Here is a pic of the LX while up in Cascade, Idaho.
Here is what Hamish looks like after getting the new tires today...
Old 04-19-16, 12:27 PM
JDJackson
Driver

Trying to bring this thread back to life...

I went out yesterday to see if the snow had melted enough to get to a favorite camp site, since the weather is heating up here in Idaho. We were not able to make it all of the way there due to slides, but I was able to try out the new tire/rim combo in some offroad adventuring.

And here I am trying out the Crawl control going back over:

Quick Reply: Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours