LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Programming LX features yourself...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-16, 07:46 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts
Default Programming LX features yourself...

With questions on the wheel positioned and other programmable features in the last couple of weeks, this may be an interesting read. TIS is the best and the first tool you should consider for an LX or Land Cruiser.

Link to TIS...TIS on EBay

More info on mud.../tis-techstream-customization-options-for-lc200

hth

Steve
Old 02-18-16, 06:22 AM
MattBianco
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Same approach to BMW...you buy a special OBD2 cable and software (which you can also download free) But, with BMW you also need a special token to activate the software.

The screenshots on the Toyota software show it to be much simpler to follow and are in common English (vs BMW). This is a huge plus for DIY programers.

Please let us know if you tackles this.
Old 02-18-16, 07:58 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MattBianco
Same approach to BMW...you buy a special OBD2 cable and software (which you can also download free) But, with BMW you also need a special token to activate the software.

The screenshots on the Toyota software show it to be much simpler to follow and are in common English (vs BMW). This is a huge plus for DIY programers.

Please let us know if you tackles this.
It's near the top of the list, but I'll need to add something like boot-camp to the macbook to run win doze. Either that, or pickup a dedicated garage laptop.

I've seen the system (the real non-bootleg TIS) at both my dealer and indy shop. It's a very elegant system, and with printed manuals not available for anything later than the 2010 MY, it's about all we've got.

Mud has a ton of treads re: TIS.

Steve
Old 02-18-16, 07:58 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

That was me who posted on mud. If there is someone near me, I am more than willing to try the programming on someone's LX too. The system detects car automatically and is extremely easy to use. I have a BMW which I have reprogrammed. BMW difficulty level is very high and everything is in german. TIS is extremely easy.

PM me if interested in programming.
Old 02-19-16, 09:11 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Luke27617
That was me who posted on mud. If there is someone near me, I am more than willing to try the programming on someone's LX too. The system detects car automatically and is extremely easy to use. I have a BMW which I have reprogrammed. BMW difficulty level is very high and everything is in german. TIS is extremely easy.

PM me if interested in programming.
I assumed it was you...same user name...

I've decided the MB Pro will not end up as a garage laptop, so I'm looking for a Windows laptop...nothing fancy but just enough memory and a 64-bit processor to run TIS and maybe do double duty as a standalone gps display with an external antenna,

Your recommendations would be appreciated.

Steve
Old 02-21-16, 09:16 AM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
I assumed it was you...same user name...

I've decided the MB Pro will not end up as a garage laptop, so I'm looking for a Windows laptop...nothing fancy but just enough memory and a 64-bit processor to run TIS and maybe do double duty as a standalone gps display with an external antenna,

Your recommendations would be appreciated.

Steve
Steve,
Any laptop will do. I am using +4 year old windows 7 with 64 bit OS. The interface doesn't require much of the resources. You just want to make sure it doesn't loose power during the programming so laptop with a good battery or make sure it has power connected at all time.