LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Maintenance Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-16, 08:12 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by yakim
The bottom line is, unless geographically challenged or short on cash, please, please do NOT service your Lexus @ a Toyota dealership, because your My Lexus database and Carfax will show that your car wasn't properly serviced and you will lose money when you attempt to trade it or sell it.
I spoke with Lexus customer care in LA this morning. Rep advised that any services done at a Toyota dealer would appear in the online service records.

Losing money when you sell the truck is purely a matter of negotiating skills.
Old 03-15-16, 12:26 PM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid

You recall incorrectly, since the beginning of the LX. Fluids are identical.

Anything you can think of I might have missed??

Steve
This isn't the post I recall, but a similar one. I don't have the energy or time to spend proving your are wrong. Yes, it is true the LC doesn't have the hydraulic ride control system the LX does. The point is, that more than one person has taken their LX into the local Toyota dealer for service and the dealer added a hydraulic fluid that was not compatible with the Lexus spec. This has caused them big $$'s.

See post #8.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx-...70-1998-a.html
Old 03-15-16, 01:08 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by REDHORSE
This isn't the post I recall, but a similar one. I don't have the energy or time to spend proving your are wrong. Yes, it is true the LC doesn't have the hydraulic ride control system the LX does. The point is, that more than one person has taken their LX into the local Toyota dealer for service and the dealer added a hydraulic fluid that was not compatible with the Lexus spec. This has caused them big $$'s.

See post #8.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx-...70-1998-a.html
In reverse order...post 8, by chris231, states "Does the 2"lift will keep the funtion of "height adjust"?"

You could have been referring to a few posts above it talking about AHC goofiness. The "Keith" person who is / maybe was a 2nd source for pressure globes and recommending ATF in the AHC system has been roundly denounced on MUD by those who've used his products with way less than stellar results.

You don't need to "prove me wrong"...this doesn't need to be a pissing match. Anecdotally, I'm sure some shops have used the wrong fluid. I'm not sure how it "caused them big $$'s"...mistakes like that you wouldn't pay for as the dealer or shop has the specs in front of them. As to Toyota v. Lexus dealers, that depends on the dealer, obviously. Land Cruisers have also come with ACH.

Steve
Old 03-15-16, 01:42 PM
JDJackson
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who sells theirs???? Mine graduate down to my kids... 80 series LC, 100 series LC (not yet, daughter...) and now 200 series LX.
Old 03-15-16, 04:00 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If I were considering buying a used Lexus and saw that services were performed @ a non-Lexus dealership, Toyota or otherwise, I would definitely pass. Just as a Porsche or Audi buyer would pass if serviced @ VW. Shallow or not, he who has the money sets the rules.

And to Mr-Know-It All pontificating on every thread while not owning an actual Lexus, please relax and get some class.
Old 03-15-16, 05:23 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by yakim
If I were considering buying a used Lexus and saw that services were performed @ a non-Lexus dealership, Toyota or otherwise, I would definitely pass. Just as a Porsche or Audi buyer would pass if serviced @ VW. Shallow or not, he who has the money sets the rules.

And to Mr-Know-It All pontificating on every thread while not owning an actual Lexus, please relax and get some class.
Shallow, indeed.

If you're referring to me with the "not owning an actual Lexus"...I've got a few Franklins if you're very sure that's true. Normally, personal attacks don't start until the person doing it has run out of arguments, let alone words.

I wasn't the one who thought the LX and the Land Cruisers were not made on the same assembly lines.

Steve

Last edited by hankinid; 03-15-16 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-15-16, 08:19 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Hankinid and Yakim

Both you have some inappropriate behavior I'd like to not see repeated in future threads. Strongly suggest you use the ignore list for each other
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...?do=ignorelist