2016 LX 570 Transmission hesitation.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-16, 03:19 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 510 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
Good that lexus took it back.

I can tell you coming from a 6 speed GX the new LX definitely has lag issues with the transmission. I would of upgraded had it not been for this lag issue and lack of power as a result. Apparently some here dont notice an issue, but its definitely there.

As a rule, I will never get the 1st year of a new model again, and that goes for major refreshes like the one LX went thru. Just too many issues even for lexus.

I anticipate that lexus may one day go the way of CVT, but thats far into the future
I am also glad that Lexus did the right thing and took this defective unit back. But, I have owned 4 or 5 LX units and I have to not agree with you that all 2016 LX units have this hesitation. The new 8 speed is new but other than it shifting more often, I feel no hesitation when compared to my past LX vehicles.

Saying some here do not notice the lag does not give the drivers here much credit and what is really going on is more likely the OP got a bad unit which Lexus has agreed to take back. I have been driving my 2016 LX for months now and am very happy with the drive train performance.
Old 05-15-16, 04:30 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Saying some here do not notice the lag does not give the drivers here much credit and what is really going on is more likely the OP got a bad unit which Lexus has agreed to take back. I have been driving my 2016 LX for months now and am very happy with the drive train performance.
Saying that some here do notice the lag does reinforce the argument that there may indeed be more than one "bad unit".

Go back to page 1 on this thread. Read post #3 and clink the link to the ih8mud.com comments on the same issue.

Steve
Old 05-15-16, 05:02 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

There is undoubtedly hesitation between 2nd and 3d, as I've mentioned in JD powers, Lexus and someone else's questionnaires. The kind of hesitation that I have not seen in my 2014. This transmission is fussy and it doesn't really know what it wants to do. I do not like the 8-speed at all, and the mileage I get (16.1mpg) in fact is worse than what I had on my 6-speed (17.5 mpg at this time of the year). I'm gonna keep an eye on that damn thing, Any trouble at all and I am going to unload it and move on. There is not a thing about Lexus. other than reliability and customer service that makes it worthwhile to own. If I wanted problems and service appointments, I 'd choose the good looks and performance of a Range Rover any time.

Last edited by yakim; 05-15-16 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-15-16, 09:31 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

I am also glad that Lexus did the right thing and took this defective unit back. But, I have owned 4 or 5 LX units and I have to not agree with you that all 2016 LX units have this hesitation. The new 8 speed is new but other than it shifting more often, I feel no hesitation when compared to my past LX vehicles.

i test drove 2 brand new LXs and the first one had a serious lag issue, the 2nd one not so much but it was still there. Thats atleast a 50% problem rate that lexus needs to acknowledg
Old 05-15-16, 09:33 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry for my ignorance, but I have been reading this thread for a while, but still don't know the OP was mentioning the transmission hesitation while it was automatic Drive or he was using manual hand shift. Can someone enlighten me?

I never had car that had hand shift paddles or had never used it, except the sticker shift, until this new LX 570. So using hand shift is like stick shift and it takes off faster than automatic shift.
Old 05-16-16, 01:21 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by T4Fun
i test drove 2 brand new LXs and the first one had a serious lag issue, the 2nd one not so much but it was still there. Thats atleast a 50% problem rate that lexus needs to acknowledg
50%?

I highly doubt it.
Old 05-17-16, 04:08 PM
Jasperw1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi DocT...I started this thread and never drove the LX in manual mode. I did not get a chance the use the hand shifters due to the short time I owned the vehicle...less than two weeks. The lead technician with Lexus said he had been driving the car in manual and automatic for two days and the problem was still there. Just like another post I test drove another 2016 LX while mine was being diagnosed and it drove fine with no hesitation. Until Lexus gets this worked out 50% odds do not work for me at this price point.
Old 06-08-16, 07:37 PM
gama2002
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Due to this lag and slow acceleration issue in my 2016 LX570 and getting tired of going back and forth to the dealer to no resolve, I ended up trading my LX to a 2017 MB GLS 550.
Old 06-08-16, 08:25 PM
DocT
Pole Position

How do you like it?

Last edited by DocT; 06-08-16 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-08-16, 08:59 PM
gama2002
Driver School Candidate

Excellent ride, suspension very responsive to curve highways. Fast response with it's 449 hp biturbo V8. test drive it to feel the difference . The good thing about the 2016 LX 570 is it holds it's trade in value.
Old 06-08-16, 09:19 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gama2002
Excellent ride, suspension very responsive to curve highways. Fast response with it's 449 hp biturbo V8. test drive it to feel the difference . The good thing about the 2016 LX 570 is it holds it's trade in value.

How much did you pay for? Only thing that i worry is when it hits 50-75K miles, it will have problem.
Old 06-09-16, 01:29 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Due to this lag and slow acceleration issue in my 2016 LX570 and getting tired of going back and forth to the dealer to no resolve, I ended up trading my LX to a 2017 MB GLS 550.
I am afraid if you dislike going to the dealer all the time you got the wrong vehicle.
Old 06-09-16, 04:00 AM
gama2002
Driver School Candidate

I am afraid if you dislike going to the dealer all the time you got the wrong vehicle.
I've owned several vehicles but not had a headache and hassle of bringing a brand new vehicle several times to the dealer for the same problem without a good solution. Maybe it's the luck of the draw for getting first production new vehicle with an updated (8speed) transmission
Old 06-09-16, 04:15 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

I've owned several vehicles but not had a headache and hassle of bringing a brand new vehicle several times to the dealer for the same problem without a good solution. Maybe it's the luck of the draw for getting first production new vehicle with an updated (8speed) transmission
I am just saying that your move to MB was not a good one from my experience with the brand. Kinda like jumping out of the pan into the fire.
Old 06-09-16, 09:06 AM
DocT
Pole Position

Maybe you got a lemon car.

Quick Reply: 2016 LX 570 Transmission hesitation.