LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Please, help me understand...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-16, 02:58 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 502 Likes on 380 Posts

Love BSM I'm my LX but wish I could get it to also beep along with the flashing light on the side view mirrors. It is a well appreciated addition for sure.
Old 05-08-16, 06:28 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Lexus needs to make this engine a turbo on next generation or basically its not able to compete with others. I would bet by 2018 we will know what they are planning.

These BSM are nice but stupid if you think about it. The light should not be lit up outside but on instrument cluster where you can see it easier.
Lexus nowadays is way behind everyone especially audi and if they dont change they will be left behind.
Old 05-08-16, 07:29 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
Lexus needs to make this engine a turbo on next generation or basically its not able to compete with others. I would bet by 2018 we will know what they are planning.

These BSM are nice but stupid if you think about it. The light should not be lit up outside but on instrument cluster where you can see it easier.
Lexus nowadays is way behind everyone especially audi and if they dont change they will be left behind.
If I'm driving a fully loaded truck, I'd prefer the torque that cubic inches give v. anything with a turbo.

The Blind Spot Monitor is a bit like the little yellow light that shows you're low on fuel...it's there for the drivers who don't check the fuel gauge. The light on the mirror is telling you to check your blind spot(s) before proceeding, which you should be doing anyway.

Check on Audi's reliability ratings v. Toyota's...that's exactly why I choose Toyota v. German products. I'd prefer to drive the truck than take it in for service.
Old 05-08-16, 07:46 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Only turbo I could warm up to on my next LX would be if it were sitting on top of a diesel. I am with hankinid and much prefer the lower RPM torque over a smaller and higher revving turbo engine.

As far as the BLM indicator, the rear view side mirrors are the perfect place.

Last edited by ggebhardt; 05-09-16 at 01:28 AM.
Old 05-08-16, 09:19 AM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
If I'm driving a fully loaded truck, I'd prefer the torque that cubic inches give v. anything with a turbo.

The Blind Spot Monitor is a bit like the little yellow light that shows you're low on fuel...it's there for the drivers who don't check the fuel gauge. The light on the mirror is telling you to check your blind spot(s) before proceeding, which you should be doing anyway.

Check on Audi's reliability ratings v. Toyota's...that's exactly why I choose Toyota v. German products. I'd prefer to drive the truck than take it in for service.
+1. I would consider reliability over anything else and also re-sale value of the vehicle. Most of German cars will drop like rock after couple of yrs of the ownership.
Old 05-08-16, 12:53 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Love BSM I'm my LX but wish I could get it to also beep along with the flashing light on the side view mirrors. It is a well appreciated addition for sure.
I am not sure if I would want to hear "beep" every time a car passes me. It would become very annoying. I even turns off the lane departure Alert (LDA) beeping noise every time I change the lane. It is just annoying. I wish they would have kept night vision option.
Old 05-08-16, 10:06 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

The light should not be lit up outside but on instrument cluster where you can see it easier.
behind.
My friend has Tesla Model S where the light is somewhere on the dashboard. When he was driving my LX, he told me that the light on the mirror is much better. You never look at the dashboard when changing lanes but you always look at the mirrors.
Old 05-09-16, 01:27 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DocT
I am not sure if I would want to hear "beep" every time a car passes me. It would become very annoying. I even turns off the lane departure Alert (LDA) beeping noise every time I change the lane. It is just annoying. I wish they would have kept night vision option.
The "beep" only occurs if there is someone next to you and you use your turn signal.

You can avoid the beep from the LDA by using your turn signal before you change lanes.
Old 05-09-16, 08:01 PM
T4Fun
Racer

what you guys dont get is that torque is higher at same rpm with a turbo than non turbo engine. There is no turbo lags on the new cars. This is true for bmw and the gtr. Go check out the Range rover if you have doubts. Blows away the LX, pun intended. But reliability is the ONLY thing Lexus has got going right now.

Toyota has no choice but to eventually convert all their engines to hybrid or turbo. You already see them starting to do it and it was hinted when the designer of the GSF said that engine will be the last naturally aspirated V8.

And the light for BSM should not be outside, because its only visible when its dark and not on sunny days. I dont feel you should have to turn your head to make a lane change. Takes your eyes off the road.

Last edited by T4Fun; 05-09-16 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-09-16, 09:11 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
The "beep" only occurs if there is someone next to you and you use your turn signal.

You can avoid the beep from the LDA by using your turn signal before you change lanes.
LOL. I did not know that, thank you. So you can see how often that I use the turn signal, only make a turn or exit.
Old 05-10-16, 01:27 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DocT
LOL. I did not know that, thank you. So you can see how often that I use the turn signal, only make a turn or exit.
Hey, I found out from my Lexus dealer when I complained, and he reminded me about using the turn signal, too. To tell you the truth, I do more often now.

Last edited by ggebhardt; 05-10-16 at 02:59 AM.
Old 05-10-16, 04:58 AM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

what you guys dont get is that torque is higher at same rpm with a turbo than non turbo engine. There is no turbo lags on the new cars. This is true for bmw and the gtr. Go check out the Range rover if you have doubts. Blows away the LX, pun intended. But reliability is the ONLY thing Lexus has got going right now.
That's true: I would own a RR in a new york second if it wasn't such a POS mechanically and lacked general dealership customer service. Although, The Reference Mark Levinson sound system is probably one of the best out there.

Last edited by yakim; 05-10-16 at 05:07 AM.
Old 05-10-16, 06:38 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by yakim
That's true: I would own a RR in a new york second if it wasn't such a POS mechanically and lacked general dealership customer service. Although, The Reference Mark Levinson sound system is probably one of the best out there.
It is certainly better than the 4,500 dollar Bang and Olufsen I listened to in a 650 Gran Coupe.
Old 05-10-16, 07:05 AM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chocolate
It is certainly better than the 4,500 dollar Bang and Olufsen I listened to in a 650 Gran Coupe.
Very true... ML is way above B&O. Once I was looking @ their integrated amplifier for my home audio and couldn't stomach the $12k price tag. Sadly, I have never heard Porsche's Burmester upgrade.
Old 05-10-16, 11:33 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Lets hope lexus gets it right on their next round of vehciles. I am looking forward to the 2018-2019 Lx redesign

Quick Reply: Please, help me understand...