LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Texts on the LX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-16, 04:25 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 515 Likes on 385 Posts
Default Texts on the LX?

Someone told me that they can receive texts on the 2016 RX. The LX seems to have the same telematics and I would think it would do the same. Is this possible?

I am using an iPhone 6S+ and the hands free call feature works great.
Old 05-12-16, 06:57 PM
AtomicRC
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Someone told me that they can receive texts on the 2016 RX. The LX seems to have the same telematics and I would think it would do the same. Is this possible?

I am using an iPhone 6S+ and the hands free call feature works great.
On your iPhone, go into your settings, click on bluetooth, go to LEXUS LX, click the blue "I" next to it, turn on show notifications.
Old 05-13-16, 11:40 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AtomicRC
On your iPhone, go into your settings, click on bluetooth, go to LEXUS LX, click the blue "I" next to it, turn on show notifications.
Thanks Sir!

I should have known this but was thinking the setting was in the LX and not the iPhone. All works perfectly now. Hope you have a great weekend!
Old 05-15-16, 06:43 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Have you tried the Siri feature? I use it as a selling point in a different marque (car biz) all the time with other iPhone users. Handy feature to have.

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...oduct+news.htm

Last edited by Chocolate; 05-15-16 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-15-16, 07:40 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Chocolate
Have you tried the Siri feature? I use it as a selling point in a different marque (car biz) all the time with other iPhone users. Handy feature to have.

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...oduct+news.htm
Yep, Siri works quite well for me. One of my favorite features and nice it works through the Lexus system. Voice recognition with Siri is far superior to anything I have used so for.
Old 05-15-16, 08:10 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

Yep, Siri works quite well for me. One of my favorite features and nice it works through the Lexus system. Voice recognition with Siri is far superior to anything I have used so for.
Definitely. Most other systems are far more rigid in terms of how you have to phrase the commands. Siri is much better in this respect.
Old 05-16-16, 01:26 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Definitely. Most other systems are far more rigid in terms of how you have to phrase the commands. Siri is much better in this respect.
I think it will be that way as when using the Lexus system you voice is being translated by the on board computer where Siri has the Apple computer behind her.
Old 05-16-16, 09:38 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am sorry that I have to hijack the thread, but since it is about technical question. I want to know why my LX does not show weather channel. It shows " NO DATA is available. Please try again" , even my iphone is in the SUV. Can someone tell me what to do? And also can anyone be able to use wireless phone charger or only a new phone ( I have iphone 6s+) with Qi-technology?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by DocT; 05-16-16 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-17-16, 01:43 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DocT
I am sorry that I have to hijack the thread, but since it is about technical question. I want to know why my LX does not show weather channel. It shows " NO DATA is available. Please try again" , even my iphone is in the SUV. Can someone tell me what to do? And also can anyone be able to use wireless phone charger or only a new phone ( I have iphone 6s+) with Qi-technology?

Thanks in advance.
Does you Siris subscription cover weather? I remember how poor the Sirius weather was and dumped that after a year and use my iPhone for my weather information with out involving the LX. I do not think your phone or the LX has the ability to move weather information to the LX.

As far as your Qi recharger, it will not work with your iPhone as they do not use that charging technology. You can buy a case to put your phone in that does, but I understand charging is very slow.
Old 05-17-16, 07:30 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Does you Siris subscription cover weather? I remember how poor the Sirius weather was and dumped that after a year and use my iPhone for my weather information with out involving the LX. I do not think your phone or the LX has the ability to move weather information to the LX.

As far as your Qi recharger, it will not work with your iPhone as they do not use that charging technology. You can buy a case to put your phone in that does, but I understand charging is very slow.
All iphones have Weather Channel app from the factory. I noticed worked one day and then it stops. My 2015 Highlander has similar technology as LX and it works fine. In Highlander with the iphone nearby, it will show local weather and no iphone, it won't show. So iphone feeds the data to Highlander. But why does not it do on LX with my iphone nearby? Or is mine already broken?
Old 05-18-16, 12:15 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

Next iPhone will probably have wireless charging built in and be waterproof.
Old 05-18-16, 01:29 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Next iPhone will probably have wireless charging built in and be waterproof.
I do not think the wireless charging will be happening as Apple is into thin and the coils used to charge the phone would make it thicker. Water resistant maybe but I doubt waterproof.

My 6S+ last more than a day and I would not use the charger in the vehicle anyway. Making more water resistant would always be nice but Apple is never going to guarantee waterproof.
Old 05-18-16, 11:25 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

I do not think the wireless charging will be happening as Apple is into thin and the coils used to charge the phone would make it thicker. Water resistant maybe but I doubt waterproof.

My 6S+ last more than a day and I would not use the charger in the vehicle anyway. Making more water resistant would always be nice but Apple is never going to guarantee waterproof.
They are definitely into thin, to the point of eliminating the headphone jack. Though, the technology to give the entire phone a nano vapor coating has existed for a while. This would also ultimately save them money on the many claims they process for water damage. In Japan, waterproofing (to several feet) is common on top tier smartphones.