LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Lexus Canada REFUSING to give me my window sticker even though they have it!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-16, 06:58 PM
Rexiah
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Canada REFUSING to give me my window sticker even though they have it!!

I recently purchased a 2016 LX570, and the dealer is refusing at all costs to give me the window sticker saying it is against Lexus corporate policy. It is EXTREMELY frustrating. I have worked so hard and long for the car, and it was always my dream to frame my window sticker to keep at the office (I know it sounds ridiculous, but hey, this is something that I wanted forever). If anyone else owns a 2016 + LX570 and could send me a picture of their Window sticker, that would be AMAZING!

- I live in Canada, and I don't think dealers here are compelled to give me the window sticker.

front

inside

Last edited by Rexiah; 08-03-16 at 09:27 PM.
Old 08-03-16, 08:55 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Everyone should have a darn sticker, whether its in Canada or Kuwait... call Lexus corporate and lodge a formal complaint. Nice car and you well deserve it (and the sticker)!!!

Last edited by yakim; 08-03-16 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-03-16, 09:12 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

This is frankly bizarre. The only reason for them not to give it to you is if they screwed you on the price.
Old 08-03-16, 09:22 PM
Rexiah
Driver School Candidate

Lexus Corporate says they have no information about it, and that I must speak with the dealership. I've been talking to the dealer for over a week, and am frankly tired. Anyone know where I could even retrieve a sample window sticker from another 2016 LX570?

About the price, I bought it full pop, no discounts or anything. Maybe that's why they are not giving it to me??

Last edited by Rexiah; 08-03-16 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-03-16, 09:29 PM
Rexiah
Driver School Candidate

haha yakim

hopefully every lexus owner in Kuwait receives better customer service than I have.

Old 08-03-16, 09:32 PM
yakim
Pole Position

To be content with the outcome, you need to get a sticker for your own car that reflects the color palette and the equipment...complain to your dealer principal, your BBB Canadian equivalent, get legal advice...unless Canada is different from WV USA, you own the sticker and the car
Old 08-04-16, 11:18 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I'm not a lawyer, but if you paid in full for something (at FULL RETAIL PRICE, IN YOUR CASE. BUT EVEN AT A DISCOUNT, THE PRINCIPLE IS THE SAME.) YOU should get what you had paid for, in this case the vehicle and whatever else that came with the vehicle, including the sticker.

Is there a small claims court ? We do in the USA where you can take anyone to court if the claim is below a certain amount (I remembered as $3000). I don't know how yo calculate a dollar amount for the sitcker?

Another potential way is through an attorney to claim something to the effect that this experience had affected you in some serious way. But this will involve an attorney which we all know will cost you more.

All the new cars Lexus and others, I had always been given the window sticker.!!!

Even if you were to get a sticker from another LX570, the VIN #, options listed, and color and port of entry, and etc will jot match your LX570.

Good luck

Originally Posted by Rexiah
Lexus Corporate says they have no information about it, and that I must speak with the dealership. I've been talking to the dealer for over a week, and am frankly tired. Anyone know where I could even retrieve a sample window sticker from another 2016 LX570?

About the price, I bought it full pop, no discounts or anything. Maybe that's why they are not giving it to me??
Old 08-04-16, 06:02 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

I would not care so much about the sticker. Who cares... But paying the ful MSRP price for LX 570, it sounds terrible to me...
Old 08-04-16, 06:08 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Even if you were to get a sticker from another LX570, the VIN #, options listed, and color and port of entry, and etc will jot match your LX570.
Good luck
Photoshop and a few minutes of time and you can have the correct sticker :-)
Old 08-04-16, 06:10 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Stuff like this is absolutely silly and reduces customer satisfaction.

Have you filled out the survey Lexus sends you? If not, write a quick note to your salesperson and remind them your will be unsatisfied until you get a copy of the window sticker.

Could also reach out to the dealership General Manager (GM) - call your salesperson or the sales manager and ask for the GMs name and email address - that alone may get you some response.
Old 08-04-16, 08:24 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

That weird, every brand new car you buy should come with the sticker unless that was a used car, even toyota camry that my sister bought came with a sticker, my GX that i bought from outer town is came with window sticker.
Old 08-04-16, 08:29 PM
yakim
Pole Position

This story jus' don't jive. I wonder if there's more to it. Was it a buyback sold as new? A program car driven by a profligate dealer with no scruples? The mystery continues to thicken...
Old 08-04-16, 09:04 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

It's one SKETCHY dealer. New vehicle @ full price at that.
Old 08-06-16, 11:28 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Seems very odd that they would not give you the sticker. I know in Ontario Lexus models are not usually displayed with the window sticker. I would be pissed that I spent all that money and then be told they would not give you the sticker. Have you spoke with the owner of the dealer?
Old 08-07-16, 08:43 AM
malba2366
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Seems like a very petty thing to do. I would assume that they took if off the car when it came into the lot and either got rid of it or can't find it. I can't imagine that a dealer would want to **** a customer off and risk bad ratings on surveys over a window sticker.

Quick Reply: Lexus Canada REFUSING to give me my window sticker even though they have it!!