LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Interior Wood Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-16, 06:59 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
Trolls don't do research. They make shallow and useless comments like yours to further advance their fanboy agenda. On the other hand, if you can comprehend (and don't worry, it's not too technical), read the links below. I even attached a nice picture for you and reference the quote in response to your retarded comments. At least if it doesn't help you, it will help others.
I have spent well over a decade devoting a considerable amount of time and energy to the online Lexus community, I am not a troll lol.

And name calling is just childish and and unnecessary. I know what I'm telling you is not what you want to hear, and that it clearly makes you angry but I'm just the messenger here.

This brochure is from New Zealand. They have different trims in different regions. They do not offer shimamoku trim in the US, and we live in the US. No US brochure or website lists the trim as "Shimamoku".

And read to page 5 and 6 of this pdf about what shimamoku means:
http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/EDG...nd/31-1e/1.pdf
I understand what Shimamoku means, I have actually defined it for you in this thread. The definition of "shimamoku" means nothing in this situation, because the LX in the US does not feature shimamoku wood, and the linear espresso wood is never described as shimamoku.

"Tendo is proud of this steering wheel with the wood grain running horizontally (“shimamoku”; beautiful, high-end synthetic wood trim). It cannot be made by any other manufacturer . . . The latest path-breaking work is a steering wheel that takes advantage of a unique wood texture of striped grains called “shimamoku.”
Correct.... the steering wheel in the LS. We are discussing the LX, which has been demonstrated by many pictures here does not have shimamoku trim. (have you found even one picture of a shimamoku wheel from an LX? No).

Just because shimamoku trim is striped grain does not mean all striped grain trims are shimamoku. Linear espresso is not.  

Again, all those pictures are of the steering wheel in the LS, you have an LX.

Let us not repeat what we agree and disagree again unless you want to sound like a broken record. In summary, your latest comments to this thread is Lexus fanboy who swallowed the Lexus pill. If you can't understand the context, troll somewhere else. Hankinid, if you think this tread is pissy, whiney, etc. then you should not comment unless you want to increase your thread count like SW15LS. If you want proof and research, ask for it nicely instead writing a comment that sounds like my 9 years old. And yes, I am withholding more information about Lexus.
You cannot agree to disagree about the facts. I understand that you want what you are saying to be true, but it isn't. If you continue to try and tell people that the LX in the US has shimamoku trim and that linear espresso trim and shimamoku trim are the same trim I will continue to point out that is incorrect.

or the record, SW15LS, you are full of BS on this topic since you have not presented any evidence from Lexus or the manufacturer of shimamoku to back your worthless and misleading comments.
You cannot prove a negative. There isn't a document that says "linear espresso wood is not shimamoku", you haven't provided any information from a US spec source that the LX has shimamoku trim, and all the pictures of shimamoku steering wheels you have posted are of the LS.

The evidence is right on the US Lexus.com. Why would they list the trim in the LS and "shimamoku" and not the trim in the LX as "shimamoku" if it indeed were? Why do they only market the shimamoku process when discussing the LS and the steering wheel in the LS? If that process were used in the LX, why wouldn't they market it on the LX also?

This is a screen shot from the LS section of Lexus.com. As you can see they describe the shimamoku trim as "exclusive":

If you look at the LX section, there is clearly no mention of shimamoku trim. The picture that is closest to the one of the LS is this one, and as you can see no mention of shimamoku trim, and the steering wheel is clearly not a shimamoku steering wheel as it is in the LS:

This is the interior select page from Lexus.com for the LS. As you can see the trim is described in italics (for emphasis) as Shimamoku:

This is the build page for the LX on Lexus.com. As you can see, there is no mention of the trim being Shimamoku, it is "linear espresso wood". If you look at this depiction of the steering wheel, it is clearly different than the depiction of the steering wheel in the LS and has no layers:

I'm sorry it upsets you, but the trim in your LX is not shimamoku trim, and your steering wheel is the one that was supposed to come on your LX, its the one every other owner with the linear espresso trim has, which has been shown here in pictures. I agree that the monroney sticker is an error. If you want to continue to pursue this, go for it but the forum is a place for accurate information.

Last edited by SW17LS; 12-24-16 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-24-16, 09:35 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ohiois350

here is my steering wheel look like
A duplicate of the wheel on my 2013 KC,

Originally Posted by Bimmer32

...Hankinid, if you think this tread is pissy, whiney, etc. then you should not comment unless you want to increase your thread count like SW15LS. If you want proof and research, ask for it nicely instead writing a comment that sounds like my 9 years old. And yes, I am withholding more information about Lexus.

For the record, SW15LS, you are full of BS on this topic since you have not presented any evidence from Lexus or the manufacturer of shimamoku to back your worthless and misleading comments.
I wasn't aware that you appointed yourself to Moderator. Thread count is about my last concern online. Calling another here "full of BS" sounds like a 9 year-old, but only imo.

Other than that, Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-16, 02:22 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Thread done. Please do not carry the rude personal commentary into future threads