LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Proper 305s on the LX570

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-17, 07:37 AM
JDJackson
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those look awesome! 305s are very wide, but I like the fact that you can stick with the 20s and protect the rims with rubber! I am curious how much room you have between the tire and the outer fender well. I am wondering if you would rub when the suspension is fully compressed. I also love the fact that you are running a full 33" tire!

Very nice!
Old 03-08-17, 09:48 AM
TeCKis300
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
looks nice, but wider tires DO NOT increase traction in rain. Actually they worsen your chance of hydroplaning due to more surface area on tire.
Skinny tires are better in the rain.
just fyi.
Can't agree with you more. The credit here goes to the A/T tires and tread with much larger voids. Also, I picked the Wildpeaks over others for their notable performance in rain. The stock tire is wide in itself at 285, and had notably less ability over deeper standing water.

Originally Posted by JDJackson
Those look awesome! 305s are very wide, but I like the fact that you can stick with the 20s and protect the rims with rubber! I am curious how much room you have between the tire and the outer fender well. I am wondering if you would rub when the suspension is fully compressed. I also love the fact that you are running a full 33" tire!
Thank you! It now fully rounds the capability of the LX for me as a go anywhere vehicle. While I'm sure it's capable even on the stock tires, I would think twice about taking it on trails simply because highway tires are not as puncture resistant. With larger tires, it gives me a slight lift, without lifting the suspension. I firmly believe a truck lifted in this way, with optimal suspension geometry, handles better and is more capable than a traditional suspension lift. While keeping AHC in the back pocket.

With some fender liner adjustments, I don't think I"ll rub at all, even when fully tucked. There's a database on ih8mud with the usual points of contact. While this is an aggressive tire, there are those that go bigger, and the known contact points are the front ad rear of the wheel well which I've already addressed. I'll definitely report back if I find otherwise.
The following users liked this post:
JDJackson (03-08-17)
Old 03-08-17, 09:56 PM
ellags430
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Starting to wish id gone bigger myself now lol
Old 03-09-17, 09:41 AM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Most non-OEM tyres and wheels usually look way too comical on an LX 570. These are awesome!
Old 11-17-18, 10:07 AM
TeCKis300
Driver

Came across my old thread. It's due for an update.

The Falken's have turned out to everything I was looking for. It's an aggressive tire that proves its worth off-road with great traction and durability. No chipping what-so-ever. Rain and snow performance has been great. It's not a dedicated snow tire, but it's sufficiently confidence inspiring when I go into snow country and skiing trips. I also tow a pretty heavy travel trailer that's at the upper spectrum of the LX's tow capability. It handles it all with aplomb and excellent stability.

On road noise, it's there, but for as aggressive of a tire as it is, it's certainly qualified as quiet, with a low non-irritating tone. It picks up at higher highway speeds, > 80mph. But again, it's fine and the LX insulaiton does great at still keeping the interior tranquil and relaxed.

Picture update. I've been to many many places since and the tires have taken me everywhere.

Old 11-17-18, 07:37 PM
SaintLexus
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Wow

Where did you have this done?
Old 11-18-18, 09:04 PM
TeCKis300
Driver

Hi SaintLexus. If you're asking about the mods, I did all of them myself. It really wasn't too hard.

To fit these tires 305/55/20, requires .75 or 1" spacers. Then minor clearancing of the wheel well liners at the forward edge, and rear/mudflap. I document how to's on these at ih8mud.com. No lifting of the suspension required as I prefer it ride at the optimal geometry.
Old 11-18-18, 10:27 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TeCKis300
Came across my old thread. It's due for an update.

The Falken's have turned out to everything I was looking for. It's an aggressive tire that proves its worth off-road with great traction and durability. No chipping what-so-ever. Rain and snow performance has been great. It's not a dedicated snow tire, but it's sufficiently confidence inspiring when I go into snow country and skiing trips. I also tow a pretty heavy travel trailer that's at the upper spectrum of the LX's tow capability. It handles it all with aplomb and excellent stability.

On road noise, it's there, but for as aggressive of a tire as it is, it's certainly qualified as quiet, with a low non-irritating tone. It picks up at higher highway speeds, > 80mph. But again, it's fine and the LX insulaiton does great at still keeping the interior tranquil and relaxed.
It's great to see pics of a 200 doing what it was designed to do. Thank you.
Old 11-19-18, 04:59 PM
xfea
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm surprised a reputable tire installer agreed to open themselves up to the liability of this.
Old 11-19-18, 09:20 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by xfea
I'm surprised a reputable tire installer agreed to open themselves up to the liability of this.
Am I correct in thinking you're a practicing attorney and not just "that guy" on the internet?

So what's going to happen?

The ONLY tire dealer I've seen that's fussy about anything other than oem size is Costco. What liability am I opening up if I replace my tires with a higher weight rating?
Old 01-05-19, 06:58 AM
gfcipriani
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

I miss being able to drive up onto curbs. I installed 18” wheels on my 2010 LX. Curbs where never a worry. My 2015 has the 20” wheels and curbs once again scare me. This is a good solution though to keep the stock wheels.
Old 01-06-19, 10:02 AM
samuraj
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

spacers ? ....no thanx !
Old 05-21-21, 10:13 PM
DEANDUONG
Driver School Candidate

Did you fix the same size for spare tire?
Old 05-24-21, 08:06 AM
tbisaacs
Driver School Candidate

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

A 305 spare will fit.
Old 11-28-21, 05:05 AM
OVRLND
Driver School Candidate

Good morning,
Are you still running this tire on your 570, and are still as happy with your choice? I am looking at the Falkens as well, and I thought were load range F?
I saw your post in Mud, and the fix seems tricky, but doable… Cheers

Quick Reply: Proper 305s on the LX570