LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Lexus Enform dead.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-17, 01:07 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 512 Likes on 383 Posts
Default Lexus Enform dead.

You get excited when you use Lexus Enform app everyday on your Lexus and especially when they give you a notice that they are upgrading the system with new features, even finger print ID. Now it seems broken and will not even take a password. Their website has always been bad but the app on my iPhone has always worked perfectly.

You would think that that a company like Lexus would have the money to get someone to fix things quickly, it has been down for days now.
The following users liked this post:
dmcnatty (04-25-17)
Old 04-15-17, 01:42 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

here's the issue, and Lexus sent me multiple notification about this change, both through the app and via email and snail mail. So I suspect all Enform Customers got the same notifications.

you can no longer use a username, you must use the email account that is linked to your account. if the app won't work with your username try your email address, if that doesn't work, you need to long onto the Lexus Drivers site and update your account, if that still doesn't work you have to call customer service and have them reset the account.

usernames are no longer allowed, only email addresses.

for me it was simple, I longed onto the Lexus Drivers site using my username, it told me that it was updating the account to use my email associated with the account, then asked me to log back in with the email, I did then checked the app, username didn't work, tried the email address and it worked fine, it asked me to agree to the terms of service again and then the app loaded.
Old 04-15-17, 05:07 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Although I already had an e-mail as a username, I had to reset the password to make it work. There were always some issues. And I am really angry that eDestination will not be available from July 12, 2017.
Old 04-16-17, 03:40 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Yep, thanks folks. Called Enform and they admitted they were having issues. They reset my password and all is now good. I tried multiple time to reset and could not. They said they were hoping for the system issues to be done by the end of next week.
Old 04-16-17, 03:33 PM
sbcluser
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, mine is dead also. My wife asked me to double check that it is locked, went to login, had to change to use email instead of a user id, also had to change password and add a security question. (pita). So I did it all, got the email to activate, then - got the Lexus "oops" screen. Called the number provided in the app, was told it might be up and running by Wednesday, all of Enform is down. Wow - do not expect that from Lexus. Maybe from a Kia...
Old 04-17-17, 01:42 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sbcluser
Wow, mine is dead also. My wife asked me to double check that it is locked, went to login, had to change to use email instead of a user id, also had to change password and add a security question. (pita). So I did it all, got the email to activate, then - got the Lexus "oops" screen. Called the number provided in the app, was told it might be up and running by Wednesday, all of Enform is down. Wow - do not expect that from Lexus. Maybe from a Kia...
i guess the software people who wrote obamacare had to go to work somewhere.

Enform is working for me. The problem I had was the new user name and password part was not working. I called and had them reset the password and it went through and all has been good.

Last edited by ggebhardt; 04-17-17 at 01:46 AM.
Old 04-17-17, 08:18 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

well interesting, my Enform has worked fine and is working fine.. Must be spotty failures.

This is what happens when you don't QA your changes in a test environment and just decided to shot from the hip and go live, shame on Lexus IT for doing such a thing. If I did that in my job, I wouldn't have a job, it can 2-3 months of testing before we allow a code change to be executed in a live production environment..
ggebhardt (04-17-17)
Old 04-17-17, 08:47 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mjeds
well interesting, my Enform has worked fine and is working fine.. Must be spotty failures.

This is what happens when you don't QA your changes in a test environment and just decided to shot from the hip and go live, shame on Lexus IT for doing such a thing. If I did that in my job, I wouldn't have a job, it can 2-3 months of testing before we allow a code change to be executed in a live production environment..
Be aware that I did not have problems until I updated the app on my iPhone which then requires you to change user name and switch to a more complicated password.
Old 04-17-17, 09:59 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Be aware that I did not have problems until I updated the app on my iPhone which then requires you to change user name and switch to a more complicated password.
that may be why mine is working, I already did the switch to the email address a month ago when I got the notice, and I already had a complicated password.

I had no issue before or after the app update, though I do get a notice now that the system is experiencing issues, mine still connects to the vehicle with no issue after I click ok on the pop-up.

Though I did just notice that the vehicle locator has my vehicle 3 blocks away while I am standing directly in front of it.
Old 04-17-17, 11:56 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mjeds
that may be why mine is working, I already did the switch to the email address a month ago when I got the notice, and I already had a complicated password.

I had no issue before or after the app update, though I do get a notice now that the system is experiencing issues, mine still connects to the vehicle with no issue after I click ok on the pop-up.

Though I did just notice that the vehicle locator has my vehicle 3 blocks away while I am standing directly in front of it.
Yep, I get the "system is having a problem" when I use my app but all is working perfectly right now.

Next I hear that they will do the finger print ID and join the rest of the world.
Old 04-17-17, 12:44 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Yep, I get the "system is having a problem" when I use my app but all is working perfectly right now.

Next I hear that they will do the finger print ID and join the rest of the world.
yeah mid-may, so expect more issues.

I think the only reason they even bothered to upgrade was because of the file system changes in iOS 10.3, Apple informed all app makers if they didn't they would be dropped from iTunes, because their existing apps would no longer work on further iOS versions starting with 10.4.

APFS replaced HFS on 10.3 and older apps no longer work. my iPad and iPhone have been getting app updates daily.
ggebhardt (04-18-17)
Old 04-19-17, 08:35 AM
Dudley33
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What a disaster!

You get excited when you use Lexus Enform app everyday on your Lexus and especially when they give you a notice that they are upgrading the system with new features, even finger print ID. Now it seems broken and will not even take a password. Their website has always been bad but the app on my iPhone has always worked perfectly.

You would think that that a company like Lexus would have the money to get someone to fix things quickly, it has been down for days now.
So, mine is not working for both of my 2016 Lexus vehicles, an LX and an ES. I also cannot log into Lexus Drivers. The phone support person who tried to help me also said that the tools they have to try to help with this problem are not working, and the best thing would be to call back in several days. Their own internal systems are down.

We pay a substantial fee for the Enform service for two cars. (An LX and and ES) I did not receive any notice on any change, either by mail or email. It simply didn't work when I went to log in, forced a password change and security question answer, and then refused to work with the new password. Along with the stuck in the Middle Ages "App Suite" that has not been upgraded and the refusal to integrate Apple Car Play--- this tells me that the technology side of Lexus and Toyota is in terrible shape. I have serious doubts about their ability to compete in the prime luxury market with this flaw. I am not sure they understand how big a problem they have. They must regard these systems as "bells and whistles" that they tolerate while they work on better engine designs.

In any event, they are not even spending the money they need to keep people paying the Enform subscriptions. A stupid move even in the sort run.
Well, technology is integral to their products. They need to fire a bunch of people immediately and change direction.
Old 04-19-17, 09:07 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dudley33
So, mine is not working for both of my 2016 Lexus vehicles, an LX and an ES. I also cannot log into Lexus Drivers. The phone support person who tried to help me also said that the tools they have to try to help with this problem are not working, and the best thing would be to call back in several days. Their own internal systems are down.

We pay a substantial fee for the Enform service for two cars. (An LX and and ES) I did not receive any notice on any change, either by mail or email. It simply didn't work when I went to log in, forced a password change and security question answer, and then refused to work with the new password. Along with the stuck in the Middle Ages "App Suite" that has not been upgraded and the refusal to integrate Apple Car Play--- this tells me that the technology side of Lexus and Toyota is in terrible shape. I have serious doubts about their ability to compete in the prime luxury market with this flaw. I am not sure they understand how big a problem they have. They must regard these systems as "bells and whistles" that they tolerate while they work on better engine designs.

In any event, they are not even spending the money they need to keep people paying the Enform subscriptions. A stupid move even in the sort run.
Well, technology is integral to their products. They need to fire a bunch of people immediately and change direction.

I'll agree with you that the service is very expensive for issues like this to occur and drag on.. problems happen with technology that's a given, but it shouldn't drag on for days, this was poor project management and poor QA testing prior to the release of the patches and upgrades.

as for Apple Car Play and Android Auto. Personally I don't get everyone's attitude about either service, neither are all that great, once connected you are limited to only the features those services offer, I've used Car Play and I hate it, I can only use apple maps, apple mail, and apple messaging, and apple music while connected.. I do not use any of those apps, and once connected to the car and car play activated on the vehicle, I cannot access the apps I do use like waze, outlook, and Pandora.

The point of car play and android auto to limit distractions, be IMO it creates more of a distraction especially for those that use alternative apps to the apple provided ones, as you have to flip out of car play mode and access those apps directly on the phone. In my RCF I don't have to do that, I have access to Pandora and Messaging from the head unit, and can use Siri Eyes Free to respond to messages. I don't have access to email, which is fine by me while I'm driving, and I can use Waze and have it active on the phone and speaking over the BT while driving, with car play you cannot do this, you can only use apple maps or google maps.

Car Play is not a full in car OS, it is not designed to replace the features of the infotainment system, it only adds some quick access to apps Apple feels are the most important, and locks you out of everything else on the phone while connected. Car Play is very limited in scope, it doesn't replace the carmaker provided systems, so it is slower and less streamlined than simply using the phone.

The Lexus infotainment is behind the times and lacking in several areas, but IMO Car Play is not the (only) answer, I truly don't understand why everyone complains about Lexus decision to not go with it, it is way to limiting IMO, I would rather see a true phone mirroring option.
Old 04-19-17, 10:08 AM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've never found Enform to be of any value and always felt it was a major distraction. So happy I haven' t renewed it and kept on using my iphone.
Old 04-19-17, 10:18 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Which finger?? Haha. LOL.

If not working, you know which finger I'll be using!!! LOL

Quick Reply: Lexus Enform dead.