LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Ride Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-17, 08:39 AM
mikeivan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ride Comparison

Has anyone compared the ride quality between the new LX vs the GX with AVS? Just wondering if the GX is as smooth (or nearly so). I can't handle the ride quality in the RX, too harsh and bouncy. Not sure I could get past that big GX rear door in any case. I know I should test drive and see for myself, just wanting some input, beforehand. Thanks.
Old 09-24-17, 12:51 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 502 Likes on 380 Posts

The GX ride does not compare to the LX. It is in a league of its own.
Old 09-24-17, 02:25 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Like comparing a Cadillac to a Rolls Royce
Old 09-24-17, 03:47 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

I often get GX as a loaner. Yes, it's very different.
The following users liked this post:
mikeivan (09-25-17)
Old 09-25-17, 06:56 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

what are u people talking about here. Both Gx and LX ride like jello around curves and you feel the weight in the LX which is much worse, not to mention the foul 8 speed which doesnt put out any power and there are delays.
Granted the LX handles bumps and road noise better, but the GX is pretty darn quiet too.
Again you have diehard LX cheerleaders on A LX board. not fair at all!
Old 09-25-17, 07:32 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by T4Fun
what are u people talking about here. Both Gx and LX ride like jello around curves and you feel the weight in the LX which is much worse, not to mention the foul 8 speed which doesnt put out any power and there are delays.
Granted the LX handles bumps and road noise better, but the GX is pretty darn quiet too.
Totally agree why pay more for a LX when you can get a superior GX for a lot less money, crazy isn't it
Old 09-26-17, 10:01 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 502 Likes on 380 Posts

Seems most here do not agree. Have they kicked you out of the GX forum again?

My RX450h handles better than a GX.
Old 09-26-17, 03:41 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Seems most here do not agree. Have they kicked you out of the GX forum again?

My RX450h handles better than a GX.
I'd agree the LX handles like a boat...which is why I picked a Land Cruiser instead.

The LX 8-speed is definitely, IMO, not an improvement v. the 6-speed.

The GX is in a completely different category.
Old 09-26-17, 08:41 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

I did not say that GX is bad. It's just very different. I like driving GX, I've been driving Land Cruiser Prado (which is almost the same vehicle) in Europe for many years. Mikeivan should test drive both and I am sure that he will be able to see the difference quite clearly. It's possible that he would like GX more.
Old 09-28-17, 07:57 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

In fighting again. Neither the GX nor the LX can match a RR. There, I said it. ;-) GX rides like a modern day truck with nice firm suspension. LX rides like a modern day truck with super nice suspension. There's your difference whatever it is. That GX back gate is way too futurist for me. I'm a traditionalist. Split gate was already throwing me off.
Old 09-29-17, 10:11 AM
ccj4
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Have owned both

Owned a GX for 6 years and now an LX for 7. Both are wonderful vehicles. I grew to hate the rear door on the GX, though. I love the split rear on the LX -- especially loading and unloading from shopping trips. Both are super reliable. Ride is a little different in both, but very good in both. I've driven both in pretty deep mountain snow on unpaved surfaces with steep inclines. GX did fine but LX does great. I think the LX comfort and drive is wonderful, and better overall than GX. I also like the little extra width in the LX. I was surprised that only inches more width has made a difference with two Aussies in their seat belts in the middle row. I've never experienced any kind of cornering difficulty in either -- just don't drive one of these like a sedan. Mine has been at the dealer getting detailed. They noted a puncture on a front tire -- I thought it was the spare getting low -- and that the front struts were leaking pretty good (most of my driving for past few years is on terrible roads). I felt a little foolish for not having felt a problem driving. Oh, have had a 2017 RX for 3 days, longest loner ever. I would never consider one. I guess I just like driving a "boat" and I can parallel park my LX on downtown city streets with no problem on the first try. I'm keeping this LX til it dies -- which isn't likely in the foreseeable future. It may boil down to how much money are you comfortable with investing in a vehicle. Again, both are great vehicles.
The following 3 users liked this post by ccj4:
ggebhardt (09-29-17), mikeivan (09-29-17), tlhicks (09-30-17)
Old 09-29-17, 11:50 AM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Both the GX and LX have a great ride. In the last few years I've had a ES, GX, NX, RC F....the 17 LX is the best Lexus I have ever had. It's on another level.
Old 09-29-17, 07:24 PM
wasupdu
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Deleted post

Last edited by wasupdu; 09-29-17 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-30-17, 09:33 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

I love the way my old man emu 2 1/2 inch lifted 100 series on 33 inch BFG KOs Road!!! It road like a damn truck so badass in a good, good way
Old 09-30-17, 04:25 PM
tlhicks
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
I love the way my old man emu 2 1/2 inch lifted 100 series on 33 inch BFG KOs Road!!! It road like a damn truck so badass in a good, good way
I agree I have both and My series 100 with BFG KO2s is my favorite!

Quick Reply: Ride Comparison