LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Prospective LX owner questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-17, 11:49 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ntx
Anybody have the Lexus premium audio 9 speaker system in their LX? Or even have done a comparison of premium audio vs the Levinson? I came across a 2015 several hours away from me that looks interesting but has the premium audio. My initial reaction was that no Mark Levinson would be a deal breaker but wondering if I should reconsider if the standard audio is good or the difference from Levinson isn't that noticeable.
some dealers call the mark levinson (premium audio)
Old 11-26-17, 12:10 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Really?????? Maybe his wife needs to hit the gym.
You are an idiot.
Old 11-26-17, 02:12 PM
wasupdu
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Really?????? Maybe his wife needs to hit the gym.
All wives should

Anyways, you'll love the LX. My wife is maybe 110 lbs and LOVES her LX and has never complained about steering issues. Aside from the power being horrible, the steering feels similar to my CLS63.
Old 11-26-17, 03:57 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ClaytonW
Try to compare side by side for example with LS (our other car). There is really a substantial difference. I remember that there was someone complaining about the same problem on this forum. He purchased LX for his wife and she was extremele unhappy with it for this reason. On the other side, hydraulic power steering is one of the main reasons why I love my LX :-) That's why I always recommend test driving it first.
If you compare side-by-side, OF COURSE the steering will be heavier. How much does the LS weigh? The LX is around 3 tons. What else would you expect?

It would make just as much sense to compare the LS with a Smart car.

Originally Posted by Chocolate
I would only go for it if the price is right - that will hit your resale value down the line, too.
The hit will be a drop in the bucket, especially with a new drop-in head unit.

Originally Posted by wasupdu
All wives should

Anyways, you'll love the LX. My wife is maybe 110 lbs and LOVES her LX and has never complained about steering issues. Aside from the power being horrible, the steering feels similar to my CLS63.
It never hurts to attempt to stay in shape. Wife and I forgo the gym for the most part. She does hunter stuff on very large horses. I take care of the ranch, with few days off. The gym waits for both of us in the dead of winter. As I already posted, she's been driving both a 100 and 200 since 2009 with no issues or complaints.
Old 11-28-17, 08:54 PM
ntx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
some dealers call the mark levinson (premium audio)
good point. I reached out to the dealer. Good news, it actually has Levinson and was mislabeled in the ad and not visible in the pictures. Bad news, they already have a sale pending.

is there any easy way to tell if an LX has the pre-collision and the radar cruise control from a picture?
Old 11-28-17, 10:33 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Here are some pics.

The first PICTURE is from a 2016 LX 570. On my 2013 LX 570 this is not present as on the 2013 LX 570, I DON'T think I can turn off the PCS independently. The PCS on mine will ONLY automatically engage when I turn on the cruise control function (otherwise the PCS is OFF) and I can not have the PCS engaged without the cruise control on either.

THE SECOND PICTURE is NOT from an LX 570 steering wheel. But the concept is the same. PCS feature is identified on the right side of the steering wheel with the button pointed by the finger. When depressed it will vary the following distance of the vehicle in front of you.

One thing to keep in mind is on the LX 570, PCS uses primarily brakes to modulate the speed ( vs down shifting as in the LS460). So in the LX 570, THIS WILL wear out your brakes potentially faster than without the PCS.

Also the PCS will BRAKE AUTOMATICALLY VERY HARD if you have it engaged and at the same time trying to accelerate to pass. Could be dangerous if you are not used to it and not anticipated. Generally the computer on board will decide the brakes will win every time even if you press on the gas. So if you are trying to accelerate out of danger and the PCS is detecting something in the way, it will hrake first to slow you down.

Originally Posted by ntx
good point. I reached out to the dealer. Good news, it actually has Levinson and was mislabeled in the ad and not visible in the pictures. Bad news, they already have a sale pending.

is there any easy way to tell if an LX has the pre-collision and the radar cruise control from a picture?