LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Dynamic Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-18, 09:20 PM
j0mama
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by hzhao
Unless what j0mama was saying there are missing two pins and wires on the passages side connector harness on the vehicle, the first pic was from the light that was original one (US spec light). So, since add pins to harness were difficult, you have run wires from light end by tapping two wires to pin 1 & 2 between inner and outer lights. Am I correct?
The wires have to be added to the car side... Not the actual lights, I was looking at the differences in the lights. I think this is where the confusion is.
Old 03-31-18, 09:41 PM
j0mama
Rookie

Originally Posted by lex97h
Hey J0mama, perhaps you would know something about the front dynamic turn signal since you already have the rear working and plus you have access to the wiring diagram for the Japanese spec. Lx570 which I tried to get but was unsuccessful. If you ever do find the answer to it please post it. If it involves replacing the entire headlamp assembly as Hzhao assumed than it may not be worth it. I am thinking it might just be a missing control unit since the lamp assembly already has the LED in it.
I was looking into it, since the Japanese lights have the adaptive front lighting system, it seems to need the headlight controller. That will also control the cornering lights... I started to look into it, and decided it was too much work....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
61.pdf (126.1 KB, 1089 views)
Old 03-31-18, 09:55 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by j0mama
The wires have to be added to the car side... Not the actual lights, I was looking at the differences in the lights. I think this is where the confusion is.
Here is what I have ran the wire: From the harness (inside lift gate panel, the harness connects to inner light, I tapped two wires from pin#1 and pin#2, then ran them along the other wire bundles to the wire boot, then fishing them into the roofline, then ran then along the wether strip alway does to where the harness (the one connects outer light). Since there is no metal pins in #1 & #2 position, I just tap the wires to the outer light respected wires. Is this how you ran the wires? or you had get the actual metal pins to insert in the harness at the outer light harness? But the effect is same according the diagram.

Another important notion: The inner light harness (car side) is male and outer light harness (car side) is female. Therefore since those two wires are cross connected according to the diagtram (#1 to #2, #2 to #1), you will make sure you are selecting the right one.
Old 03-31-18, 10:01 PM
hzhao
Racer

this is what I have done:
Old 03-31-18, 10:13 PM
j0mama
Rookie

this is what I have done:

Yep! That is what I did!
Old 03-31-18, 10:42 PM
j0mama
Rookie

I was looking into it, since the Japanese lights have the adaptive front lighting system, it seems to need the headlight controller. That will also control the cornering lights... I started to look into it, and decided it was too much work....

Well I am gonna take back that comment.....
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l400883898

Looking at this auction, and the controller for the lights, it seems to be the same one...
Old 04-01-18, 04:42 AM
hzhao
Racer

Well I am gonna take back that comment.....
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l400883898

Looking at this auction, and the controller for the lights, it seems to be the same one...
I suspect the front turn signal control is built into the headlight unit, just as for the tail. For US, it could be just a modified version. The one way to find it that is compare the part number for the headlight unit. The only slightly chance that could be controlled by turn signal ECU, I look though the US service manual, it has settings like how many flashes for lane change (default is three), or other items, not sure for Japanese version of service manual would have any additional information for turn signal flash ECU. But then again, if that was the case, they could have made tail programable as well. So, just some thoughts. But I am happy just to get rear to work for now.
Old 04-01-18, 05:53 AM
lex97h
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I suspect the front turn signal control is built into the headlight unit, just as for the tail. For US, it could be just a modified version. The one way to find it that is compare the part number for the headlight unit. The only slightly chance that could be controlled by turn signal ECU, I look though the US service manual, it has settings like how many flashes for lane change (default is three), or other items, not sure for Japanese version of service manual would have any additional information for turn signal flash ECU. But then again, if that was the case, they could have made tail programable as well. So, just some thoughts. But I am happy just to get rear to work for now.
It's either built into the headlamp unit or it has a separate control unit. It might be easier to mod if it has a separate control unit.
Old 04-01-18, 07:19 PM
j0mama
Rookie

Originally Posted by lex97h
It's either built into the headlamp unit or it has a separate control unit. It might be easier to mod if it has a separate control unit.
I am guessing it on the light itself. I was curious since it shows the turning lights are controlled by the light controller on the headlight.. Ill see when I get that light and see what is going on...

j.
The following users liked this post:
hzhao (04-01-18)
Old 04-01-18, 08:11 PM
hzhao
Racer

I am guessing it on the light itself. I was curious since it shows the turning lights are controlled by the light controller on the headlight.. Ill see when I get that light and see what is going on...

j.
Definitely interesting to know......
Old 04-09-18, 03:25 PM
hzhao
Racer

Well, another frustrated afternoon. I ran the wires, checked all connections, yet, passages side just won't work at all. It gives me the fast flashing in dash as lights out. I checked lights all working fine if I plug them into driver side. very frustrating! Here are the wires I have ran: Anything I am missing?

I tap two wires off the harness for the inner lights

Ran them along the other wires

feed thought the boot

ran down along the weather strip. and made a simple connector

then I tap off the two wires off the connect on the outer light
Old 04-09-18, 06:00 PM
lex97h
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, another frustrated afternoon. I ran the wires, checked all connections, yet, passages side just won't work at all. It gives me the fast flashing in dash as lights out. I checked lights all working fine if I plug them into driver side. very frustrating! Here are the wires I have ran: Anything I am missing?

I tap two wires off the harness for the inner lights

Ran them along the other wires

feed thought the boot

ran down along the weather strip. and made a simple connector

then I tap off the two wires off the connect on the outer light
Perhaps J0mama can chime in on what seems to be the problem. I think he may have the rear dynamic turn signals working. It does appear to be more complicated than it seems as if Lexus didn't want to make it easy for the consumers to make it a plug and play.
Old 04-10-18, 05:29 PM
hzhao
Racer

I figured out. There is actually third wire needs to be added in order for passenger side to work properly. I start a new thread and summarized the entire process as reference for anyone who is interested.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx-...installed.html