LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Are LX models pre-wired pre installed for options?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-18, 06:06 PM
Genghis78
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are LX models pre-wired pre installed for options?

Do the LX models come pre-installed for options?

For Example:

1. The heated steering wheel? Is it a heated steering wheel, but the button isn't there?
2. The heated/ventilated seats? Does the seat have the heat/vent components, but the buttons aren't there?

Old 09-13-18, 06:52 PM
lex97h
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I know the Qi charger plug is there so you can just add it if it didn't come with it. Not sure about the heated steering wheel since my truck came fully loaded except the Qi/wireless charger.
Old 09-13-18, 08:12 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Genghis78
Do the LX models come pre-installed for options?

For Example:

1. The heated steering wheel? Is it a heated steering wheel, but the button isn't there?
2. The heated/ventilated seats? Does the seat have the heat/vent components, but the buttons aren't there?
1. The heated steering wheel is not an option, it and it's button come with the truck.

2. Same with heated / cooled seats.

It might help to check out an owners manual at lexus.com...in the owners section.
Old 09-15-18, 03:28 AM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lex97h
I know the Qi charger plug is there so you can just add it if it didn't come with it. Not sure about the heated steering wheel since my truck came fully loaded except the Qi/wireless charger.
How can you add that? Can we add this to 2017 model? Mine does not have one and would like to add. Thanks
Old 09-15-18, 06:55 AM
lex97h
Rookie

Originally Posted by sfuad
How can you add that? Can we add this to 2017 model? Mine does not have one and would like to add. Thanks
I know the plugs are there so all you need to do is get the Qi charger hardware from the dealer ($550) and install it.
Old 10-01-18, 07:26 AM
Weathertop
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking Qi Charger Installed!

After following this thread, I began to dig deeper as I was also interested in getting the Qi Charger installed on my 2017 LX. For those who don’t know, you can only get this option if you order your LX and wait for months to receive it. Virtually none of the dealers will carry an LX with this option installed and when they do, it is generally a special order that fell through.

So, here’s some quick notes on the steps to follow:
  1. Print out the part listing from LexusPartsNow.com. The Qi charger for 2016 - onward LXs is Cradle Assy, Mobile, part number 861C0-60050 and lists for $585.63.
  2. Take the printout to your Lexus dealer and ask them to install it and match the price above. The dealer price for the part is over $800 and most dealers will price match.
  3. Be prepared for your service manager to share, “this part can’t be installed,” or “I don’t know what you’ve read on the internet but this part doesn’t work with your truck.” It does. You simply need a friendly service manager and some persistence. In my case, I asked them to feel free to keep the truck as long as they needed to figure out how to install it. In the end, I was charged for 2 hours of labor and the service manager apologized for his reluctance (the part doesn’t come with installation instructions, forcing the service department to think). As stated in this thread, the wiring harness is installed in all recent vintage LXs, making the installation just an effort of partially removing the dash and plugging in the charger.
  4. Enjoy your newly installed Qi charger. I’m loving mine.

Last edited by Weathertop; 12-09-18 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-16-19, 06:01 PM
(f)-LEX-ible
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Weathertop
After following this thread, I began to dig deeper as I was also interested in getting the Qi Charger installed on my 2017 LX. For those who don’t know, you can only get this option if you order your LX and wait for months to receive it. Virtually none of the dealers will carry an LX with this option installed and when they do, it is generally a special order that fell through.

So, here’s some quick notes on the steps to follow:
  1. Print out the part listing from LexusPartsNow.com. The Qi charger for 2016 - onward LXs is Cradle Assy, Mobile, part number 861C0-60050 and lists for $585.63.
  2. Take the printout to your Lexus dealer and ask them to install it and match the price above. The dealer price for the part is over $800 and most dealers will price match.
  3. Be prepared for your service manager to share, “this part can’t be installed,” or “I don’t know what you’ve read on the internet but this part doesn’t work with your truck.” It does. You simply need a friendly service manager and some persistence. In my case, I asked them to feel free to keep the truck as long as they needed to figure out how to install it. In the end, I was charged for 2 hours of labor and the service manager apologized for his reluctance (the part doesn’t come with installation instructions, forcing the service department to think). As stated in this thread, the wiring harness is installed in all recent vintage LXs, making the installation just an effort of partially removing the dash and plugging in the charger.
  4. Enjoy your newly installed Qi charger. I’m loving mine.
I followed your directions above and picked up my LX from the dealer today after they installed the Qi Charger. It took them about 3 days to figure it out, but it works well.

Thank you for your guidance!
Old 02-17-19, 05:41 AM
lex97h
Rookie

All the dealer needs to do is disassemble the center console and remove the storage tray and replace it with the charging cradle. Reassemble and done. The connecting plugs are there so it's plug and play.
Old 02-17-19, 05:37 PM
Weathertop
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I’m glad I could help!