LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Extended Warranty or Not

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-18, 10:26 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Yes, THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT.

Back in June (last weekend in June just before the July 4th holiday) when I bought a CPO MB GLA 250 4Matic, the F&I was trying to sell me an OEM MB extended warranty (unlimited mileage warranty) in addition to the included one year beyond the OEM factory warranty. So the TOTAL warranty will go for 6 years unlimited mileage warranty with zero deductible. The original price quoted was $4500!!! I told the F&I guy the whole deal is OFF the table and I gotta go now. Very quickly he dropped to half. I kept my position and heading and said NO. THEN he dropped to $1600 which I thought for the duration of the coverage and it is a nation wide OEM MB unlimited mileage and zero deductible is reasonable. Plus deep down I knew for an MB, I'll need it. The whole deal was good..... meaning the sell price was the best anywhere for a legit MB from a legit MB dealership. It was the end of June and they were trying to close the quarter and I saw two semitrucks auto carrier unliadunl more used MB's in the parking lot.......

Originally Posted by hankinid
That was said 3 times during the conversation as he kept dropping the price.
Old 11-10-18, 02:55 PM
rmawyer
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Easy answer is to email Toby Rivers, tobytoyota@aol.com, and ask him to provide Lexus Platinum Premium extended warranty coverage quote. He works at Lexus Shreveport.

I know the warranty situation has changed, but after buying my 2013 in 2016, I compared both Lexus warranty products. One extended the warranty from the date of sale, the other was a wrap-around that started when the truck was first offered for sale. Had to do a bit of spreadsheet work, but the CPO extended was the best value for projected miles.

Anyway, get a quote on your options. FI manager might match it, but doesn't much matter, as it's a Lexus/Toyota Platinum warranty. What you don't want is 3rd party, including the distributors, particularly if you are in the Southwest distribution area.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...service-2.html

Last edited by rmawyer; 11-10-18 at 05:21 PM.