LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Lexus debuting LX Inspiration in LA

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-18, 04:17 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Lexus debuting LX Inspiration in LA

Personally, I think this looks tough, but at over 100k, it won't be cheap... What do you think? Check out all the details here.

Old 11-07-18, 04:57 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday
Personally, I think this looks tough, but at over 100k, it won't be cheap... What do you think? Check out all the details here.
Toyota will sell every one exported to the North American market...the price is not much higher than the regular model. I doubt there would be any "deals". Resale of past commemorative limited edition LX's are no different than the non-LE models.

Given the blah-blah about the LX's off-road prowess, I'd love to see a demo with the OEM tires.

Overall, I'll give it 2 meh's.
Old 11-08-18, 05:07 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid

Given the blah-blah about the LX's off-road prowess, I'd love to see a demo with the OEM tires.

Overall, I'll give it 2 meh's.
Ha ha! Yeah, those tires really look ready to tear up a trail...
Old 11-09-18, 11:05 AM
fosterelli
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It appears to be similar to any well-optioned current LX 570...but with blackout kit exterior, white interior w/ black headliner. The other options are part of packages we already have. Now it's not much over normal loaded MSRP - so that's a cheap way to get blacked-out (if that's your thing)...but the white interior would kill the deal for me personally. That and I'm not down with black wheels & blackout/murdered looks...so trendy these days. I roll OEM (to my wife's dismay). I hate chrome wheels and I used to like black wheels until everyone and their mom started rocking them.
Old 11-09-18, 11:53 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by fosterelli
It appears to be similar to any well-optioned current LX 570...but with blackout kit exterior, white interior w/ black headliner. The other options are part of packages we already have. Now it's not much over normal loaded MSRP - so that's a cheap way to get blacked-out (if that's your thing)...but the white interior would kill the deal for me personally. That and I'm not down with black wheels & blackout/murdered looks...so trendy these days. I roll OEM (to my wife's dismay). I hate chrome wheels and I used to like black wheels until everyone and their mom started rocking them.
I'm with you on white interior being a deal-breaker. Our 200 is off-road half the time. Combine that with a rural agricultural location and the seats would be wiped out in a month. Add the black exterior looking like hell with a good coating of dust from ag activities, and it's a 2 for 1 deal breaker.

"Trendy" in this example to me equals "get-toe".