LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Can Rear Seat DVD Player be Removed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-19, 08:46 AM
2010LX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Rear Seat DVD Player be Removed?

All LX570s in Southern/Central CA in dealerships come with rear seat DVD players installed. I do not want them. Can these rear seat DVD players be removed? Are the front seats to which they are attached special and different than regular front seats (w/o DVDs attached)? If they are removed are there visible holes/gaps in seat backs from which they were removed? Thanks in advance for any input on this issue.
Old 05-30-19, 08:53 AM
2010LX
Driver School Candidate

Correction to my post. All LX570s 3 rows come with rear seat DVD players. Not the 2 rows. My question is in regard to the 3 rows. Thanks.
Old 05-30-19, 08:57 AM
brywhite
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it's a total of 4 screws to remove the monitors in the rear of 2016 - 2019 LX570's. Then you'll need the "rear screen delete" to cover up the hole.

https://www.trekboxx.com/200-series-screen-delete-cover
Old 05-30-19, 09:35 AM
2010LX
Driver School Candidate

Thank you brywhite for this information. I guess it doesn't make sense to have to pay about $2,000 for the DVDs that come with the vehicle and then remove them. The rear screen delete cover would work. I hate to wait for a special order LX to be produced, but I don't see any way around otherwise having to pay for the DVD and 21" wheels when 20" are better for off roading and I don't want the DVD player. I think the DVD screens increase the potential for a break in to steal them. Then I would also have to pay for new windows, etc. Just my thoughts.
Old 05-30-19, 09:43 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010LX
Thank you brywhite for this information. I guess it doesn't make sense to have to pay about $2,000 for the DVDs that come with the vehicle and then remove them. The rear screen delete cover would work. I hate to wait for a special order LX to be produced, but I don't see any way around otherwise having to pay for the DVD and 21" wheels when 20" are better for off roading and I don't want the DVD player. I think the DVD screens increase the potential for a break in to steal them. Then I would also have to pay for new windows, etc. Just my thoughts.
Agree 100% with your build requirements. Unfortunately when I wanted to special order the two dealers would not discount the vehicle beyond whatever the rebate was. I hate the DVD and larger wheels. Hate it......
The following users liked this post:
UZ214 (06-01-19)
Old 05-30-19, 09:53 AM
2010LX
Driver School Candidate

Thank you mbarron37. Off topic, but I am thinking about this special order (no DVD, 20" wheels), but on a 2 row with Luxury Package and Mark Levinson sound, which I have been told can be special ordered on a 2 row. You seem knowledgeable about these matters so I was wondering what are your thoughts on a 2 row vs. 3 row if all other options/upgrades are the same?
Old 05-30-19, 11:46 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Have you actually tried 'building' the truck on lexus.com? How do you know you can get 20" wheels...and why did you post a day or so ago that for your "off-roading", 21's would be adequate??

Thank you mbarron37. Off topic, but I am thinking about this special order (no DVD, 20" wheels), but on a 2 row with Luxury Package and Mark Levinson sound, which I have been told can be special ordered on a 2 row. You seem knowledgeable about these matters so I was wondering what are your thoughts on a 2 row vs. 3 row if all other options/upgrades are the same?
I'd go for the 2-row, as my 3rd row seats went up in the attic the day after I acquired the truck...lexus.com does not show the ML system as a "special order" on a 2-row.
Old 05-30-19, 11:54 AM
2010LX
Driver School Candidate

The vehicle normally comes with 20 inch wheels. So that is not a problem. And as long is I am going to have to special order it, then I do not need to have a 21 inch wheels and I can follow the advice of those who stated the 20 inch wheels are better for Offroad. So although the 21 inch wheels would be adequate for my purposes, as long as I am going to have to special order the vehicle then I might as well get wheels that are better for that purpose. As far as the upgraded sound, that is not available on the online build, however, my dealer looked into it and said it is available on a special order. I hope this answers your questions. I appreciate your thoughts.
Old 05-30-19, 11:58 AM
2010LX
Driver School Candidate

My local dealer specifically contacted Lexus about the ML sound system available as a special order on a 2 row. Although it is not available online, it is actually available as a special order. I have been assured this or I would not order a 2 row because the sound system is extremely important to me. The dealer knows that and was very specific it is available.
Old 05-30-19, 02:44 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

Originally Posted by hankinid
Have you actually tried 'building' the truck on lexus.com? How do you know you can get 20" wheels...and why did you post a day or so ago that for your "off-roading", 21's would be adequate??

I'd go for the 2-row, as my 3rd row seats went up in the attic the day after I acquired the truck...lexus.com does not show the ML system as a "special order" on a 2-row.
I would also go for the two row as the 3rd row is almost useless and takes precious cargo space away. I was going
to order a two row with ML and possibly HUD.
Old 05-30-19, 03:40 PM
2010LX
Driver School Candidate

Excuse my ignorance but what is HUD?
Old 05-30-19, 04:45 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

Excuse my ignorance but what is HUD?
Heads up Display. I’m not sure I want it. Really on the fence on that one.

i know I don’t want larger wheels, rear monitors or 3rd row. I would take 3rd row if it folded flat, but it doesn’t.
Old 05-30-19, 05:53 PM
2010LX
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the explanation of HUD. For me it is not important for two reasons. First, it may be difficult to see traffic ahead through the display and it could be distracting. Not sure about that. Second, I wear prescription eyeglasses with progressive lenses. I have the transition point set low so that I can see The entire windshield area in the distance portion of the lenses, yet the lower close-up portion of the lenses brings the dashboard display into clear focus. If the display is too high in the windshield, I would be looking at it through the distance portion of the lenses and it would not be in focus. Also, I like looking at the dashboard information I do not find it distracting to glance down.

I have always special ordered my vehicles, including 4LXs over the years, and although I hate the delay in getting the vehicles, it is worth the wait because I get exactly what I want. And at the price these vehicles sell for, that is especially important to me.

Another point, I actually think the third row is kind of cool, but as you say it really limits cargo capacity especially the ability to have long objects angled at a diagonal across the back given the width of the seats folded up which prevent these long objects from extending into the area that would otherwise be available but for the folded seats

Thanks for your thoughts and information. You have really helped me make this decision.