LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Odd air conditioning Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-19, 12:10 PM
warnerca
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Odd air conditioning Issue

I recently bought a 2018 lx570 and im having a weird air conditioning issue what i wanted to see if anyone else may have experienced. The front two drivers side vents will not blow air, but the rest of them work fine. The fix the first time when i took it back to the dealer was to 'reset the system' whatever that means. They did the same thing the second time and it worked for about 600 miles. This time, its been in the shop for about a week and the dealer cant figure it out. Anyone have any ideas. Upside is, it has 5k miles on it so if they dont fix it this time, there going to get it back under the lemon law, but i love the car and hate to have to go through that.
Thoughts?
Old 07-17-19, 08:36 AM
KevlarBond
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really don't see how this is possible short of a physical blockage because the venting is relatively clear through to the unit. I can't imagine how it can take a week to figure it out. Not sure why they can't phish a line into the system and see if there is a manufacturing defect (ie blockage) in the line.

DID THEY VALIDATE the problem, seems like something they can do right in front of you.
Old 07-19-19, 07:37 AM
warnerca
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KevlarBond
I really don't see how this is possible short of a physical blockage because the venting is relatively clear through to the unit. I can't imagine how it can take a week to figure it out. Not sure why they can't phish a line into the system and see if there is a manufacturing defect (ie blockage) in the line.

DID THEY VALIDATE the problem, seems like something they can do right in front of you.
there is some motor they replaced that i guess opens and closes vents based on the passenger and drivers temperature settings. So far, its working, but am only a hundred or so miles into it so hopefully it will last.
Old 07-30-19, 07:06 PM
cb1111
Lead Lap

Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Does the LX have the same recirc flap issue when somebody forces the flap while changing the cabin air filter?
Old 07-30-19, 07:21 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by cb1111
Does the LX have the same recirc flap issue when somebody forces the flap while changing the cabin air filter?
Of course it does. CAF has to be changed with the recirculation door OPEN. Moving the door manually from closed (outside air) to open to change the filter will intercourse the system, big time.
Old 07-31-19, 08:09 AM
cb1111
Lead Lap

Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
Of course it does. CAF has to be changed with the recirculation door OPEN. Moving the door manually from closed (outside air) to open to change the filter will intercourse the system, big time.
Right, so a borked up recirc door could be the cause of the OP's issues.
Old 07-31-19, 08:42 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by cb1111
Right, so a borked up recirc door could be the cause of the OP's issues.
It definitely could be, and it was the case when I bought my Land Cruiser in the summer of 2015. I was both blessed and lucky as I was able to gently lift the accordion outside/recirculate door upward and the linkage clicked back to the recirc position.

If that doesn't work, this post on mud should give you info on escalating the fix...200 Series Cabin Air Filter R&R

hth
Old 08-16-24, 02:51 AM
obus
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any help The front two drivers side vents will not blow air, but the rest of them wor

Originally Posted by warnerca
I recently bought a 2018 lx570 and im having a weird air conditioning issue what i wanted to see if anyone else may have experienced. The front two drivers side vents will not blow air, but the rest of them work fine. The fix the first time when i took it back to the dealer was to 'reset the system' whatever that means. They did the same thing the second time and it worked for about 600 miles. This time, its been in the shop for about a week and the dealer cant figure it out. Anyone have any ideas. Upside is, it has 5k miles on it so if they dont fix it this time, there going to get it back under the lemon law, but i love the car and hate to have to go through that.
Thoughts?

The front two drivers side vents will not blow air, but the rest of them work fine.
Old 08-16-24, 05:38 PM
Misteracng
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

The recirc door issue, should not cause the vents to not work, you just stay in recirc mode constantly. It manifests as fogging on the windows in cold weather due to no fresh air. This vent issue still seems like that same TSB issue about resetting the AC system that you already had done. The complaint is exactly the description of the problem. Otherwise it must be a non functioning motor or blockage.