LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Drove a 2014 LX570 today.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-19, 10:07 PM
Aeromat209
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Drove a 2014 LX570 today.

I have been shopping for a 2013-2014 LX 570 . Drove a 2014 today with 77k on the clock . The truck had the Starfire Pearl white exterior color but some owner had a right front fender replaced but painted the fender white instead of the Starfire Pearl ! The Carfax initially showed no accidents reported but reading the service history showed right front fender damage ! All but the right front fender looked original and absent of tight garage door dings but a few expected very small paint chips
I was amazed somebody would not match the paint on such an expensive vehicle ! Come on !
The tires were in good to near new condition and wheels were stock Lexus 20 " . The interior a Parchment Beige and in unworn condition .
The next thing I noticed on the test drive was the shocks seemed bad crossing seams in the road . This was so much worse than the carpet ride i tried days before. So it's not like I don't know what to expect . I did shift the button from comfort to the middle position but no change in ride.
I returned to the Dealership and tried to adjust the Hydraulic height which was showing Low on the Instrument cluster. I tried in park and also patiently in Drive with foot on the brake . The other truck I drove adjusted after a slight delay in the park position but even after what seemed like 2-3 minutes no change on the low position . I guess I am shocked a Toyota dealer would put a car like this on the lot with these things wrong on the vehicle of this price point and understood Quality one would expect from a Lexus ! It might be a while before I find the right one . I know this model has the hydraulic lift and also elaborate dampners that effect the ride quality and maybe the suspension system was just on the fritz !
Old 08-15-19, 11:07 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Does the service history indicate if the AHC fluid was ever changed, and if so what was the mileage.

Sounds like previous owner grabbed an insurance check and went cheap on body work...possible profit?

Height control actuates with the truck in park or neutral.
The following users liked this post:
Aeromat209 (11-02-19)
Old 08-16-19, 05:06 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

The lx isn’t really a smooth ride, the 20” or 21” wheels makes it a lot worse compared to the twin land cruiser. I would also suggest you look at the car history before even going to the dealer. Ultimately you have to look for a while to get the right car, one of my friend looked for about 5 months before picking up a 14.

Hes in Cali and had the car shipped from Virginia...

i myself just got a 2015 too, the exterior and interior wasn’t 10/10 but mechanically the truck was sound all services done at the same dealer and lease returned.

I saw saw one at car max too and that was pretty bad, all the interior wood was cloudy I think they were asking like 43.
Old 08-16-19, 06:14 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

[QUOTE=UZ214;10589583I saw saw one at car max too and that was pretty bad, all the interior wood was cloudy I think they were asking like 43.[/QUOTE]
Carmax has the advantage of fixed pricing, downside is Carmax vehicles are typically over priced...not to mention under priced on trade-in value.
Old 08-16-19, 10:04 PM
Aeromat209
Driver School Candidate

Default All I had was what was on Car Fax

Originally Posted by hankinid
Does the service history indicate if the AHC fluid was ever changed, and if so what was the mileage.

Sounds like previous owner grabbed an insurance check and went cheap on body work...possible profit?

Height control actuates with the truck in park or neutral.
I did not see the full service history on this one , I did try to adjust the AHC while in Park .The 2013 570 I test drove rode like a dream in the comfort mode with new BFGoodrich All terrain 20 " tires . I really thought they would be noisy but with the way Lexus insulates the 570 I could not hear them at all !
Old 08-17-19, 07:43 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Aeromat209
I did not see the full service history on this one , I did try to adjust the AHC while in Park .The 2013 570 I test drove rode like a dream in the comfort mode with new BFGoodrich All terrain 20 " tires . I really thought they would be noisy but with the way Lexus insulates the 570 I could not hear them at all !
If you want the full service history, get to Lexus.com and register. Once that's done, input the VIN in the service section and you can see all services performed by a Lexus dealer starting with the initial delivery on the truck. You'll also see any recommended services declined by previous owner(s).
Aeromat209 (11-02-19)
Old 08-29-19, 09:04 PM
Mikerx80
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

It took me 5 months of searching to purchase a 2014, February of this year with 55k on the clock. I was getting tired of searching and was even thinking about shipping a car over from Florida. A lot of others I saw from out of state had rust damage. Ended up purchasing one from a local Lexus dealer. The truck was originally purchased, maintained and sold back to the same dealer in So. Cal., excellent history. These vehicles are pretty scarce, take your time but jump on the right one as “good ones” gets scooped up quickly.
Rob Daman (09-05-19)
Old 08-30-19, 08:10 AM
LX5280
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

@Aeromat209 Where are you located in CO ? I'll keep an eye out for one in the Denver Area. I was at Kuni yesterday for the Seatbelt Recall and saw this 2013. Pretty good CarFax, good service, but was in NJ for the first few years, I didn't even think to look at the Undercarriage for rust. Seems priced a little high for a 2013 and the miles, 77K. It is showing it will be Certified though.
2013 LX CPO Kuni
Old 08-30-19, 10:44 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LX5280
@Aeromat209 Where are you located in CO ? I'll keep an eye out for one in the Denver Area. I was at Kuni yesterday for the Seatbelt Recall and saw this 2013. Pretty good CarFax, good service, but was in NJ for the first few years, I didn't even think to look at the Undercarriage for rust. Seems priced a little high for a 2013 and the miles, 77K. It is showing it will be Certified though.
2013 LX CPO Kuni
Go to the owner's section on Lexus.com. Register and then plug the vin in...you'll see all lexus performed service since delivery, as well as service(s) recommended but declined by the owner. Carfax is only part of the service record. I picked up a '13 with a perfect service record for a lot less in the Spokane, WA area. You need to look at the undercarriage for rust, and that assumes all underbody shields are removed.
Rob Daman (09-05-19)
Old 09-11-19, 09:39 PM
Mikerx80
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LX5280
2013 LX CPO Kuni
Bought my 14 early this year and they wouldn’t CPO it because of the outstanding recall. The salesman explained to me although truck was originally purchased from that specific dealer and all maintenance was done there they cannot CPO a vehicle with an open recall. I see that they are reselling with CPO now since they have finally found a fix. Great way to put on a $5k premium 👍 for resell.
Old 09-12-19, 09:40 PM
Aeromat209
Driver School Candidate

Thanks so much for the follow up . I do live in Denver and supply and demand deems I need to look outside the State to find the right truck . Obviously rust is a factor so all NY,and eastern states through the Midwest Ohio-Indiana , Kentucky. Ilinois are out of the question.

Looking at Oklahoma , Kansas . California and Texas for possible options and maybe Florida if not on the coast .

I did find a Florida truck here in Colorado and looked extremely clean underneath and fender panels well maintained but 91K on the clock for 36K with remakable maintenance recs But can find ones in the 56K - 75K for the same money in other states .I only drive 10K per year and figure if I can find a vehicle in the 55-75 K range it would be like buying 3 years newer for the same money if all service is done and no body damage shown all things being equal !!!

Cheers Mike in the Hunt!
Old 11-02-19, 02:11 PM
Aeromat209
Driver School Candidate

Great suggestion for info on Lexus vehicles! Thanks !