LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

The End of The Land Cruiser and the LX570

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-19, 08:20 AM
SaintLexus
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default The End of The Land Cruiser and the LX570

I wonder if Forbes is a very reliable source.... but read the link.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanca...ts-about-time/

Posted this also on the first and second gen lx by mistake.
haha
Old 08-22-19, 09:14 AM
cb1111
Lead Lap

Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by SaintLexus

haha
Forbes isn't always a reliable source - certainly not for automotive or electronics news - but - any rumors of the death of the LC would apply to the US only.
Old 08-22-19, 09:40 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

This guy is a total tool. Obviously he thinks the world starts and end in the US. There is a huge market in Asia for these suvs. Plus very loyal following here in the states.
We all know it’s a dinosaur but ls that’s exactly the reason we like it.
The following 2 users liked this post by UZ214:
AJT123 (08-22-19), LS460Crown (09-06-19)
Old 08-22-19, 10:28 AM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

IMO the current LX is overpriced for the performance and comfort it provides. I had an 18 I only kept 9 months because the electronics were such a mess. I can see that Toyota may not want to spend the money to make it competitive with other high end SUV's available in the U.S.
Old 08-22-19, 12:30 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

The suvs are lagging in electronics maybe efficiently mpg wise but they are very very reliable and they hold their resale better than any other German brand.
I had the 4runner/ the sequoia doesn’t even compare they are not refined.

Looked at x7 it’s nice but not sure how it will work on off-roads. I use mine on light trails almost weekly.
The following users liked this post:
LS460Crown (09-06-19)
Old 08-22-19, 03:06 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Land Cruiser/LX are definitely not overpriced. Considering their reliability and offroading abilities, they are a very good value for the money. If you could buy just one car and keep it for a lifetime, the clear choice would be Land Cruiser. Even 20 year old LCs drive like a new car. Yes, if you need it just like a mall crawler, it's overpriced. Because any other SUV can do the job. This is the problem.
LS460Crown (09-06-19)
Old 08-22-19, 03:55 PM
SaintLexus
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cb1111
Forbes isn't always a reliable source - certainly not for automotive or electronics news - but - any rumors of the death of the LC would apply to the US only.
Makes sense...

in Qatar alone LCs and LXs rule the roads.
Old 08-22-19, 05:54 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts

Makes sense...

in Qatar alone LCs and LXs rule the roads.

And here, too!!!! They're everywhere.

I guess it was inevitable but you darn tootin I'm picking up a '14 or '15 as soon as things allow, to drive until death. Nice touch screen which we are used to in the IS350. I'm not too crazy on the '16's styling update either.

These are like the old LSs, just astounding quality control. Stupid reliable.

And it's not overpriced. For grocery getting, sure.

You're paying for $85,000 all of the might and resources of Toyota, probably the best car brand in existence all things considered.

I'll be hitting trails and mud like crazy, as some of you may have seen on my previous posts lol.
LS460Crown (09-06-19)
Old 08-22-19, 06:51 PM
shredder88
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

haha
This is a ridiculous article. I just got my 2019 Lexus LX570 and before purchasing checked out and compared it to the BMW X7, Cadillac Escalade, Lincoln Navigator, Audi Q7, Mercedes 450, and the Infiniti q80. The LX blew all of them away as far as having all the “tools” to do what I needed. The ride is superb, to me the outside styling is beautiful, inside is very comfortable, and you can pretty much take it anywhere. At 199 inches long, it makes it easy to get around and park anywhere including my garage. The Escalade, Q80 and Navigator were just way to big and the finishes were cheap looking. They are also very square and boxy looking. The BMW X7 and Mercedes 450 were very nice and drove great but the rear seats were cramped and only made the vehicles a 7 passenger. The electronics in the BMW were amazing and are way then the LX but overall the LX is a better truck IMO. I am also feel the brand is not dependable. We had the Q7 and loved it but felt it was also a little small inside. Yes the electronics are outdated but the Mark Levenson Stereo is the best of any of the systems in any of the other vehicles. The price is pretty much right on where almost all the other vehicles were if you added the similar options so not sure how they get what they are talking about. I got the Inspiration model MSRP of just over $102k. The Escalade and Navigator with similar options were close to $110k. I have a hard time believing they will drop the vehicle here.
The following 2 users liked this post by shredder88:
Chocolate (08-28-19), Philly01 (08-24-19)
Old 08-22-19, 07:08 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shredder88
This is a ridiculous article. I just got my 2019 Lexus LX570 and before purchasing checked out and compared it to the BMW X7, Cadillac Escalade, Lincoln Navigator, Audi Q7, Mercedes 450, and the Infiniti q80. The LX blew all of them away as far as having all the “tools” to do what I needed. The ride is superb, to me the outside styling is beautiful, inside is very comfortable, and you can pretty much take it anywhere. At 199 inches long, it makes it easy to get around and park anywhere including my garage. The Escalade, Q80 and Navigator were just way to big and the finishes were cheap looking. They are also very square and boxy looking. The BMW X7 and Mercedes 450 were very nice and drove great but the rear seats were cramped and only made the vehicles a 7 passenger. The electronics in the BMW were amazing and are way then the LX but overall the LX is a better truck IMO. I am also feel the brand is not dependable. We had the Q7 and loved it but felt it was also a little small inside. Yes the electronics are outdated but the Mark Levenson Stereo is the best of any of the systems in any of the other vehicles. The price is pretty much right on where almost all the other vehicles were if you added the similar options so not sure how they get what they are talking about. I got the Inspiration model MSRP of just over $102k. The Escalade and Navigator with similar options were close to $110k. I have a hard time believing they will drop the vehicle here.
Thanks for this review, lol well let's just say it won't be until a '14 or '15 when they drop to $40-50k for us haha.

My only other choice was an Escalade; they look so good in my eyes I nearly wreck checking them out, and man that 420hp V8.

I like GM trucks and drive a 16 year old one. The bones are solid, it's a tough vehicle. Drives well. But little stuff doesn't work like the CD player, seat heater, just bs stuff. That minor stuff just doesn't happen in a Lexus which it's now going to be LX570 not even thinking twice about it.
LS460Crown (09-06-19)
Old 08-22-19, 07:16 PM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
The suvs are lagging in electronics maybe efficiently mpg wise but they are very very reliable and they hold their resale better than any other German brand.
I had the 4runner/ the sequoia doesn’t even compare they are not refined.

Looked at x7 it’s nice but not sure how it will work on off-roads. I use mine on light trails almost weekly.
They are very reliable, but compared to my Cayenne not as comfortable (subjective on both sides), the Porsche PCM is far superior, the performance of the Cayenne is far superior, the gas mileage is far superior, and my Cayenne does all the off road and trailer pulling I need or want. I don't intend to rock climb, or run mud pits in any $100 thousand plus vehicle. Reliability of the Porsche ranks 2nd only to the Lexus according to the list the Lexus dealer gave me.
Old 08-23-19, 10:21 AM
winterturb
Lead Lap

Received 169 Likes on 100 Posts

Who knows, they may dc selling them in the US as its such a limited market. Overseas the market is huge and the variety of Land Cruisers you can still buy is excellent. For use off main roads there is not a better vehicle. Have used these exclusively in South America and they are robust, reliable, durable, and one can for the most part trust your life on them, unlike anything else, except for maybe the Nissan Patrol. I can't see Toyota abandoning the world market.
Old 08-23-19, 05:37 PM
shredder88
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by REDHORSE
They are very reliable, but compared to my Cayenne not as comfortable (subjective on both sides), the Porsche PCM is far superior, the performance of the Cayenne is far superior, the gas mileage is far superior, and my Cayenne does all the off road and trailer pulling I need or want. I don't intend to rock climb, or run mud pits in any $100 thousand plus vehicle. Reliability of the Porsche ranks 2nd only to the Lexus according to the list the Lexus dealer gave me.
A few years ago I had a 2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo loaded. MSRP was $145k. Amazing car overall the best car to date I have ever driven. But, once I hit 30,000 miles things started to break and the car would spend a week or two at the dealership for repairs. Also, I don’t believe you should be comparing a Cayenne to an LX as the Cayenne to me is a sports car SUV and is only a 5 seater. I would never bring my Cayenne to my mountain house in the snow where I can’t wait to bring my LX!
The following 2 users liked this post by shredder88:
ClaytonW (08-23-19), LS460Crown (09-06-19)
Old 08-23-19, 06:35 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shredder88
A few years ago I had a 2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo loaded. MSRP was $145k. Amazing car overall the best car to date I have ever driven. But, once I hit 30,000 miles things started to break and the car would spend a week or two at the dealership for repairs. Also, I don’t believe you should be comparing a Cayenne to an LX as the Cayenne to me is a sports car SUV and is only a 5 seater. I would never bring my Cayenne to my mountain house in the snow where I can’t wait to bring my LX!
Yeah, a Cayenne isn't a real truck either. Completely different missions. Tow a 5,000 lb boat for 5 years in a unibody vs BOF, see which one is still standing lol.

IMO, this is what you buy an SUV for:

The following 2 users liked this post by AJT123:
ClaytonW (08-23-19), LS460Crown (09-06-19)
Old 08-24-19, 07:05 AM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

It would be great to own the last MY. That way I wont feel compelled to buy the next generation.

Quick Reply: The End of The Land Cruiser and the LX570