miky702
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Doug didn't like the LX..

Old 09-10-19, 07:36 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Doug is an idiot. Like many Americans (even many LX owners) does not understand for what Land Cruiser (and LX) were designed.
The following 4 users liked this post by ClaytonW:
AJT123 (10-19-19), caesosa (10-20-19), Rki2019 (01-05-20), UZ214 (09-10-19)
Old 09-10-19, 09:41 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

Meanwhile he loves his range rovers, basically tells you everything. He does not like few Lexus cars , the rcf, gsf ls460 even the LFA if I remember correctly.
He is a tool.
Old 09-10-19, 11:32 PM
Mikerx80
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah I just watched this too. It’s one man’s opinion. I think Hoovies channel is a bit more entertaining.
Old 09-11-19, 04:58 AM
ColAngus
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

His videos are as formulaic and gimmicky as the toddler's show, Paw Patrol.
It's amazing someone can maintain a subscription after watching 3 of his videos.
Old 09-11-19, 07:55 AM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I quit watching when he moved to the back seat, but he pretty much covered all the reasons I kept my last LX, an 18, less than a year. A real disappointment. My 450 was such a great car..
Old 09-13-19, 05:20 AM
deusex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What a stupid review. Example: ..."audi has nav in the cluster, ok so? Lex has nav just few inches to the right. i did not see any other car having nav in the cluster.
Old 09-13-19, 07:48 AM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by deusex
What a stupid review. Example: ..."audi has nav in the cluster, ok so? Lex has nav just few inches to the right. i did not see any other car having nav in the cluster.
Porsche does.
Old 09-13-19, 08:09 AM
Bylan
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Obviously he missed the selling points of the LX, it is not for the tech-savvy young people. But it is still an archaic beast that really lacks in the technology department. All of its competitors are more user-friendly and up-to-date. They won't go where the LX can go, which is basically everywhere, or last 20 years with basic maintenance, but that doesn't change the realities of the interior.
Old 09-13-19, 09:58 AM
Reggie1
Intermediate

Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by deusex
I have a 2013. Has Lexus removed the turn-by-turn navigation window from the display in the center of the instrument cluster on the newer model LXs? Granted, it iis a pretty small display, but I find it useful, being easily viewed right through the steering wheel. Particularly in bright sun when there is a glare on the larger screen centered between driver and passenger.
Old 09-13-19, 01:32 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

Lexus should update cars every 5/6 years like the germans or Koreans ? the LX did get a refresh 3 years ago yes its not cutting edge and the engine trans are carried over but LX/land cruiser isn't your average car and the buyers know that. The land crusier and LX have very loyal following which could care less about better quality nav or looks etc.

You pull any review even 10-15 years ago they are always complainling how Lexus cars are behind something yet end of the day these cars are still on the road not like Dougs Range Rover as you said its a lexus thing.

Originally Posted by FunFact
Wow, show me where Doug touched you on this doll.

He made very good points: the LX570 is an outdated model for a lot of money, which is exactly the same case for the QX80.
This is simply what happens to Lexus: they don’t update their models like other companies, so after a few years from the refresh it looks old. It’s what happened to the LS460 and the ES350, and it has happened to the LX.
This is not a unique thing to the LX, and it’s certainly not because they wanted it to be low-tech: it’s just a Lexus thing in general: they’re not very much at the forefront for tech and they’re certainly way behind by the time a refresh is due.
Old 09-13-19, 04:59 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

He made very good points: the LX570 is an outdated model for a lot of money, which is exactly the same case for the QX80.
Considering its reliability and durability, Lexus is pretty cheap. It lasts much longer than any of its competition. That's what many people are not able to understand. You also pay extra for its offroad abilities. If you use it just as a mall crawler, you should probably buy something different.
Old 09-13-19, 08:56 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Wow, show me where Doug touched you on this doll.

This is simply what happens to Lexus: they don’t update their models like other companies, so after a few years from the refresh it looks old. It’s what happened to the LS460 and the ES350, and it has happened to the LX.
This is not a unique thing to the LX, and it’s certainly not because they wanted it to be low-tech: it’s just a Lexus thing in general: they’re not very much at the forefront for tech and they’re certainly way behind by the time a refresh is due.
But it remains that they seem to be techy enough and they're definitely way ahead of anything else in reliability and "get you there and back" capability well past when anything else needs a refresh.
Old 09-19-19, 06:37 AM
warnerca
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didnt agree with everything Doug said, but he does make some good points. I bought 2018 new about 8 months ago and my less than 1 year impression is eh... Its a heavy vehicle to drive which i knew getting into it. The doors also feel kinda light/cheap when you close them. Entertainment system is dated, but again, knew that prior to buying. Main reason for buying is reliability so hopefully that will pan out, although its been in the shop twice for broken air conditioning and it has less than 7k miles.
Anyway, if i had it to do over, i may consider an alternative for $90k.
Old 09-19-19, 12:50 PM
JMSLX
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie1
I have a 2013. Has Lexus removed the turn-by-turn navigation window from the display in the center of the instrument cluster on the newer model LXs? Granted, it iis a pretty small display, but I find it useful, being easily viewed right through the steering wheel. Particularly in bright sun when there is a glare on the larger screen centered between driver and passenger.
Does anyone here really still use the Enform based Nav system over the one in their smart phone? Apple/Google maps are updated almost daily and are exponentially better options.
The following users liked this post:
REDHORSE (09-20-19)

Quick Reply: Doug didn't like the LX..