LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Eco, Comfort, Sport S, Sport S+ - What's your preference?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-19, 06:52 AM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Eco, Comfort, Sport S, Sport S+ - What's your preference?

Personally I flip between the settings. For highway runs, I am running in Eco or Comfort, but side roads I tend to run in Sport S and if it gets more twisty Sport S+.

I like options.
Old 09-13-19, 05:33 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Whats the difference between sport s and sport plus?
Old 09-13-19, 06:58 PM
cssnms
Racer

Stiffens up the suspension even more, along with steering I believe and shift points.
Old 09-13-19, 07:01 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

Since I have kids most of the times it’s in comfort. To be very honest I honestly can’t tell unless I turn sharp.
Old 09-13-19, 08:25 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by chris6878
Whats the difference between sport s and sport plus?
+ is sportier then s...firmer and less of a floating feeling. More fun on the twisties, not so much on a forest service or BLM washboard road.

Originally Posted by cssnms
Stiffens up the suspension even more, along with steering I believe and shift points.
To my knowledge, steering and shift points are not affected by the suspension settings. Shift points and shift firmness is controlled by the ECT setting.

I run mine with the PWR button on.
Old 09-14-19, 02:18 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
+ is sportier then s...firmer and less of a floating feeling. More fun on the twisties, not so much on a forest service or BLM washboard road.

To my knowledge, steering and shift points are not affected by the suspension settings. Shift points and shift firmness is controlled by the ECT setting.

Ive have a 2019, so the ect button that says ect 2nd start is the power button? If so, what will that do?
Old 09-14-19, 06:17 AM
cssnms
Racer

Then it must be the placebo effect, because I swear my steering stiffened up as I switch to sport going down a twisty road. Given that eco controls more than just suspension, I suspect and I could be wrong, there is more being controlled then just the suspension when shifting to sport mode. This isnt my antiquated GX suspension control system.
Old 09-14-19, 06:25 AM
cssnms
Racer

Found this on lexus.com. the story applies to an EX but assume the similar technology is employed on the LX.

They’re pretty wild: with Drive Mode Select, you can actually alter your Lexus vehicle’s personality thanks to different settings like high-energy Sport mode, which adjusts the powertrain for faster gear changes, and mellow Eco mode, which moderates the vehicle’s engine behavior for increased fuel efficiency.

And to really have some fun with your Drive Mode Select settings, it helps to find a suitable road trip tailored to your modes’ unique abilities. This, of course, requires a driving route with its own mixed personality so, today, we’re heading to the Pacific Northwest’s Cascade Loop, a classic U.S. escape journey with dramatic alpine scenery, winding two-lane roads, and no less than three mountain passes (not to mention getaway-worthy accommodations).
Old 09-14-19, 06:31 AM
cssnms
Racer

Taken from another post...

According to a matrix I downloaded,
S only affects POWERTRAIN. Suspension normal, Steering normal, Air Conditioning normal.
S+ affects POWERTRAIN, SUSPENSION, POWER STEERING, Air Conditioning normal.
ECO powertrain and Air Conditioning go into ECO mode. Suspension and Steering normal.
I think most users understand this now.
Old 07-10-20, 09:24 PM
blayze1983
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Based on prior years, is there any difference in resale demand / depreciation between the premium vs f sport trims?

Intuitively, given the "suburban mom" is the biggest customer here, I would expect the demand to be higher for non F-Sport models and thus resale to be stronger, but curious what the data actually shows.
Old 07-11-20, 05:31 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by blayze1983
Based on prior years, is there any difference in resale demand / depreciation between the premium vs f sport trims?

Intuitively, given the "suburban mom" is the biggest customer here, I would expect the demand to be higher for non F-Sport models and thus resale to be stronger, but curious what the data actually shows.
Necro thread.

Not sure the "suburban mom" is the biggest customer for the 200 Series, i.e. Land Cruiser and its clone the LX570.

F-Sport does not apply to the 200 series...in fact, no F models exist in the Land Cruiser family all the way back to the original FJ40.

You can check depreciation numbers via the Kelly Blue Book.
Old 07-11-20, 07:57 PM
blayze1983
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Necro thread.

Not sure the "suburban mom" is the biggest customer for the 200 Series, i.e. Land Cruiser and its clone the LX570.

F-Sport does not apply to the 200 series...in fact, no F models exist in the Land Cruiser family all the way back to the original FJ40.

You can check depreciation numbers via the Kelly Blue Book.
Sorry the search function (which blends threads together) confused me - I thought I was posting in the RX 350 forum!
Old 07-12-20, 09:36 AM
gtownwes
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I switch between comfort in the city and normal on the interstate. Any twisty roads/highways in comfort and the tires squeal and body rolls too much. Eco in the city makes the truck waaay too slow! Haven’t done much sport.
Old 07-12-20, 04:37 PM
z32
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts

I usually set it to Normal....When on long trips / hours on freeway I'll set to comfort. Rarely set to 'Sport' though.
Old 07-20-20, 12:35 PM
Sladerob
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cssnms
Then it must be the placebo effect, because I swear my steering stiffened up as I switch to sport going down a twisty road. Given that eco controls more than just suspension, I suspect and I could be wrong, there is more being controlled then just the suspension when shifting to sport mode. This isnt my antiquated GX suspension control system.

I feel the same way. In normal mode it feels uncontrollable when banking a curve at higher speeds on a highway, or on super narrow 70mph lanes. When I switch to sport or sport +, it’s seems very responsive with better handling. Those high mix masters too... feels like you have to slow to nothing to control a curve, yet it takes it in sport easily.