LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Tesla Style Headunit for LX570

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-21, 11:14 AM
TXLEX01
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

@Kev08LX - Thanks. I will check out the headlights. By the way, do you have a picture of the headlights that you can post? Thanks.
Old 07-25-21, 04:58 AM
Kev08LX
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Please check the photos on my 2008 LX570 journey thread.
I will update more photos soon
Old 12-23-21, 11:23 AM
TeCKis300
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Any more updates on this? How's it working out?

If I were to get one for my '09 LX, is there a preferred vender? Or are they all the same and just rebranded?
Old 12-23-21, 10:31 PM
z32
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts

WOndering if you can share some pictures where and how the 360 cameras are mounted? What if any issues you had installing / wiring these cameras?
Old 02-11-22, 05:30 PM
artesuave
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by baktasht
Ordered one of the Tesla style full headunits:

https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.com...e0490009&_ss=r

Didn't take long to install. Split screen works really well once you get the hang of it. Both Waze and Google Maps work great. I have my Pandora & Youtube Music apps on there and they are working well too.

The built-in inclinometer and angle/tilt sensor today. It actually works really well.

Quick photo of the Air Conditioning (AC) controls:

Here's where I'm at so far with it:

The good:
* the interfaces is easy to use, laid out really well and works great
* The unit is very responsive, definitely takes full advantage of the CPU & RAM
* All of my favorite apps work so far. Waze, Youtube Music, Pandora, Google Maps, etc...
* The AC controls all work perfectly. I was very surprised actually that it all worked so well
* Installation was very straight forward and fairly easy
* There is a lot of built in options for adjustments
* GPS picks up fast and is very accurate
* Bluetooth phone conversations are clear, sound better than the OEM Lexus system did. You can use either the built in mic, or they also included an auxiliary mic that you can locate wherever you want. I tried both and the person on the other end heard me better with the auxiliary mic. So I am using the auxiliary mic. I'll post pics of where mounted it.
* It reads your speed and RPM that you can have it display. Pretty neat
* It also reads the temperature from the car's outside temp sensor and can display it. That's a nice touch

The bad (but I think mostly fixable):
* The OEM rear/front/side camera don't hook right into the new head units harnesses. I have to figure out which wires they are, splice an RCA connector on there, make sure the OEM camera ECU is getting the power & signals it needs to turn the cameras on and connect them to the new head unit. I think it's doable based on what I've found so far in the wiring diagrams, just have to find time to tackle it. It's odd, because the interface has options to view the cameras, but the harness they include has nowhere for the OEM cameras to plug into. I'm hoping I can get it to work, should have time to tinker with it in a couple weeks.
* The OEM rear flip down monitor doesn't plug into the new head units harnesses. Not sure if this one will work or not. Worst case I may have to ditch the OEM flip down monitor and either remove it completely or replace it with an aftermarket unit that will work with the new head unit.
* The harness on the new headunit has a plug for the OEM radio antenna wires to plug into. It's definitely a Lexus/Toyota plug, but not the same as my radio antenna plugs on my 2009 LX. So maybe other years have a different antenna plug than the 2009? Not sure. But either way its an easy fix with a $10 adapter that I ordered. That should be in next week, easy fix

Overall, I think it was a good purchase and am happy with it. With a few little fixes I think it'll be great
Can you send me an updated link to where I can buy this and approx price you paid? The link in op no longer works, I want to do this upgrade, looks awesome!
Old 02-11-22, 07:04 PM
baktasht
Pit Crew

Received 97 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by artesuave
Can you send me an updated link to where I can buy this and approx price you paid? The link in op no longer works, I want to do this upgrade, looks awesome!
For sure! Here it is: https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/pro...0eb3a302&_ss=r
Old 02-12-22, 04:18 PM
artesuave
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

thanks, looks like there is a new octa core version out on ali baba, waiting for the seller to come back to me on pricing with updated HD cameras all around.
Old 03-07-22, 11:56 PM
Nomeeuk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking Sensors

Hi,

Nice one. Been following your thread. Very very useful. Thanks for the efforts. I got my tesla being installed on my 2008 today hopefully. Can you please advise if the front rear parking sensors still work with yours? Also, the dash physical buttons for the camera/parking sensors work with/without the 360?

Originally Posted by baktasht
Ordered one of the Tesla style full headunits:

https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.com...e0490009&_ss=r

Didn't take long to install. Split screen works really well once you get the hang of it. Both Waze and Google Maps work great. I have my Pandora & Youtube Music apps on there and they are working well too.

The built-in inclinometer and angle/tilt sensor today. It actually works really well.

Quick photo of the Air Conditioning (AC) controls:

Here's where I'm at so far with it:

The good:
* the interfaces is easy to use, laid out really well and works great
* The unit is very responsive, definitely takes full advantage of the CPU & RAM
* All of my favorite apps work so far. Waze, Youtube Music, Pandora, Google Maps, etc...
* The AC controls all work perfectly. I was very surprised actually that it all worked so well
* Installation was very straight forward and fairly easy
* There is a lot of built in options for adjustments
* GPS picks up fast and is very accurate
* Bluetooth phone conversations are clear, sound better than the OEM Lexus system did. You can use either the built in mic, or they also included an auxiliary mic that you can locate wherever you want. I tried both and the person on the other end heard me better with the auxiliary mic. So I am using the auxiliary mic. I'll post pics of where mounted it.
* It reads your speed and RPM that you can have it display. Pretty neat
* It also reads the temperature from the car's outside temp sensor and can display it. That's a nice touch

The bad (but I think mostly fixable):
* The OEM rear/front/side camera don't hook right into the new head units harnesses. I have to figure out which wires they are, splice an RCA connector on there, make sure the OEM camera ECU is getting the power & signals it needs to turn the cameras on and connect them to the new head unit. I think it's doable based on what I've found so far in the wiring diagrams, just have to find time to tackle it. It's odd, because the interface has options to view the cameras, but the harness they include has nowhere for the OEM cameras to plug into. I'm hoping I can get it to work, should have time to tinker with it in a couple weeks.
* The OEM rear flip down monitor doesn't plug into the new head units harnesses. Not sure if this one will work or not. Worst case I may have to ditch the OEM flip down monitor and either remove it completely or replace it with an aftermarket unit that will work with the new head unit.
* The harness on the new headunit has a plug for the OEM radio antenna wires to plug into. It's definitely a Lexus/Toyota plug, but not the same as my radio antenna plugs on my 2009 LX. So maybe other years have a different antenna plug than the 2009? Not sure. But either way its an easy fix with a $10 adapter that I ordered. That should be in next week, easy fix

Overall, I think it was a good purchase and am happy with it. With a few little fixes I think it'll be great
ng
Old 03-08-22, 12:50 PM
Pathfnder
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Man that looks great, my wife drives a 2021 and I would do anything to get rid of the outdated screen system they used, especially the radio and the damn curser installed on the middle front console. I'm gonna see if this can be done to a 2021.
Old 10-21-23, 02:30 PM
rehan
1st Gear

Default AC on off button not working in Tesla Style Headunit for LX570

Please support as AC on off button not working in Tesla Style Headunit for LX570
Old Yesterday, 09:38 AM
zonged12
1st Gear

Did yours come with any type of wiring schematic or guide? Mine seems to be working well except the physical buttons on each side do nothing when pressed. Mine just came with a jumble of harnesses (some necessary, some not). I’d like to figure out if something’s not plugged in or if my unit is defective.