LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Tire pressure readings after rotation

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-20, 07:12 PM
samosuv
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tire pressure readings after rotation

Picked up a 2018 LX570 back in January. I plan to rotate the tires myself (all 5) and was wondering if I need to have the locations reprogrammed by a dealer or via an aftermarket “tool”. Would prefer staying away from any dealer if possible.

Cheers,
John
Old 04-27-20, 09:06 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

TP ECU will query each of the sensors and note location. Follow the owner's manual.
Old 04-28-20, 11:47 PM
samosuv
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, will do.

Cheers,
John
Old 04-29-20, 12:45 AM
Anky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tire pressure sensor locations are stored in memory. When you did the reset the TPMS memory was cleared and it went in to basically a discovery mode. I could be wrong on this but there should be a receiver in each wheel well to pick up each sensor. That's how the computer knows where each wheel is.

Last edited by Supra Dr; 04-29-20 at 06:25 PM. Reason: outside link
Old 04-29-20, 08:47 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Anky
The tire pressure sensor locations are stored in memory. When you did the reset the TPMS memory was cleared and it went in to basically a discovery mode. I could be wrong on this but there should be a receiver in each wheel well to pick up each sensor. That's how the computer knows where each wheel is.
Iirc, the tams locates each wheel via the serial number on the sender inside each wheel.

Last edited by Supra Dr; 04-29-20 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-30-20, 12:08 AM
samosuv
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your replies, all. I’ll likely do the 5 tire rotation this weekend.

Cheers,
John
Old 05-05-20, 03:04 PM
samosuv
Driver School Candidate

Hi all, did the 5 wheel rotation last Friday. Reset button is under the dash by the steering column. And the new readings showed up after driving for a few minutes. Piece of cake.
The following users liked this post:
nayak1 (05-05-20)
Old 12-17-20, 08:32 AM
elibutton
Driver

Default tire pressure sensor won't turn off after aired up the tires

Originally Posted by samosuv
Hi all, did the 5 wheel rotation last Friday. Reset button is under the dash by the steering column. And the new readings showed up after driving for a few minutes. Piece of cake.
I looked at the manual - for my 2013 LX570 - it shows that button being out in the open and visually there to just push - but when I look at that spot - nothing is here (lower left side by your left knee). There seems to be a box cover there that can be pulled out - perhaps it's in there? I did not try to open it but the manual's depiction did not show the box cover......

Lexus rotated my tires, and I got it back and instead of showing all my tire pressures listed in the dash - it now just says "check tire pressure" which never came up before, and the tire icon is on, so I just got the tires aired up to pressure (33psi recommended for mine) and the sensor did not turn off. Do I just need to find that reset button and push it and it will fix my problem?

Thank you
Old 12-17-20, 09:25 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by elibutton
I looked at the manual - for my 2013 LX570 - it shows that button being out in the open and visually there to just push - but when I look at that spot - nothing is here (lower left side by your left knee). There seems to be a box cover there that can be pulled out - perhaps it's in there? I did not try to open it but the manual's depiction did not show the box cover......

Lexus rotated my tires, and I got it back and instead of showing all my tire pressures listed in the dash - it now just says "check tire pressure" which never came up before, and the tire icon is on, so I just got the tires aired up to pressure (33psi recommended for mine) and the sensor did not turn off. Do I just need to find that reset button and push it and it will fix my problem?

Thank you
The reset button should fix your issue, but it may take what seems like a very long time to do it...definitely not instantaneous. Not sure why Lexis didn't do it.
Old 12-17-20, 10:27 AM
elibutton
Driver

Originally Posted by hankinid
The reset button should fix your issue, but it may take what seems like a very long time to do it...definitely not instantaneous. Not sure why Lexis didn't do it.
Well I will try to open that box up and see if the reset button is there. This kind of stuff is common with my Lexus dealer - they are not as diligent as I hope
Old 12-17-20, 11:02 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by elibutton
Well I will try to open that box up and see if the reset button is there. This kind of stuff is common with my Lexus dealer - they are not as diligent as I hope
I'll note first that my '13 is a Land Cruiser, but reset buttons seem to be in the same place. Here's what I'd do...

Move the driver's seat back as far as it will go, and lower it to the lowest point.

Grab a flashlight. Lay on your back on the carpet, and shine the light up toward the bottom of the dashboard. You should see a white button about 3/8" square. That is the reset button.

With the engine running, get the tire pressure display up on the dashboard. Press the button. The system should start looking for TPMS sensors one by one.

If I'm wrong on the button location on the LX v. Cruiser, I'd take it back to the dealer's service department and have them show you the button location.
The following users liked this post:
elibutton (12-17-20)