LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Alarm goes off randomly and Android Auto Infotainment System Navigation Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-20, 07:34 AM
QuartZ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm goes off randomly and Android Auto Infotainment System Navigation Upgrade

#1: Hello, I have a 2013 Lexus LX 570, bought it used with 57k miles last September, now it has 68k. Sometimes in the middle of the night (cold nights of October and November), the alarm will trigger itself, even though nothing touched it. I found out recently that the alarm will trigger during the day as well. I park on a parking garage at work, and the alarm has gone off twice now. Does anyone have a solution to this? I don't want my neighbors to leave nasty notes on my beloved LX.

#2: Has anyone ever integrated an aftermarket Android Infotainment system to their LX? I prefer Google Maps over the Lexus navigation system, and I want to view Google Maps in the center screen. So far I only know of the following:

https://www.beatsonicusa.com/blog/?p=822

https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/al...n-upgrade.html

I'm thinking about getting the Vline, but I want to get opinions here first before moving forward. Are there other alternatives?

Thank you.

- Tomis
Old 06-02-20, 08:39 AM
z32
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

I've been looking into the tesla style large screen for my MY15. Been pushing off because of the factory camera (front / side / rear) integration (seems the large screen system will not communicate w/ the factory cameras and hence will have to install aftermarket cams to function while I hesitate). Both sys are direct plug in and no splicing which is good. Beatsonic, if all u want is mirroring your iphone / andriod, then that's a better solution IMO - more factory look... but some may prefer a large tablet w/ more fancy controls - I heard the large screen have trouble with day / night brightness (at night it's way too bright) or day time it's too dim (depends which settings you have - even if you toggle the day/night button on top left corner. If I were to get one (and if my vehicle has no more warranty, I'll probably get the tesla large screen though since it's a bigger screen / looks more modern, bigger map / movie...).
Old 06-03-20, 05:45 PM
darkwithn
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the alarm issue on my 98LX, it was something to do with one of the door locks that would not fully engage in the locked position when using the remote, it would happen when it was hot out side or very cold in the winter. I never really figured it out and once I had a house with a garage it never happened again. Not a lot of help but I think it has been an issues with the LX / Land Cruiser over the years.