LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2013 LX 570 - Head Light Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-20, 10:09 AM
glemmen1
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2013 LX 570 - Head Light Replacement

I have a headlight out on the driver side.

I am looking for guidance, has anyone replaced?

Anyone have suggestions on bulb brand and/or tips for DIY.....

Old 12-10-20, 08:34 PM
tbisaacs
Driver School Candidate

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by glemmen1
I have a headlight out on the driver side.

I am looking for guidance, has anyone replaced?

Anyone have suggestions on bulb brand and/or tips for DIY.....
You’ll need to remove the battery to access the dust cap to change either bulb. I swapped out my low beams for Hikari LEDs and they are amazing.
The following users liked this post:
artesuave (12-16-20)
Old 12-12-20, 08:14 AM
z32
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts

I managed to replaced driver side bulb w/out needing to remove the battery....maybe I have small hands...just need to loosen the battery from the 'J' hook so that it can move 1/2-1 inch (just enough to allow my hands to slide down to reach the bulb / headlight housing.
Old 12-14-20, 11:35 AM
glemmen1
Rookie

yeah i had to remove the battery also, but it gave me a chance to clean the terminals. lol

do you have a link to the low beams? and a pic of them installed and on?
Old 12-14-20, 11:39 AM
glemmen1
Rookie

i am noticing a little "shaking" of the beams of light when i go over a bump....and i used "Toshiba D4S Xenon HID Bulbs 4300K 35W for Lexus and Toyota (Pack of 2)"....and the install seems to have been correct.

thoughts?
Old 12-14-20, 06:49 PM
z32
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts

I don't have a pic of the low beam bulb replacement.... But once u reach the housing (again try loosen the 'J' hook / battery tide down and slide the battery aside a little bit (w/out disconnecting the battery - for me I try not to because I had SMOG check coming up and don't want the 'monitors' to become 'incomplete'), to get to the bulb, there is a plastic cover which u'll need to turn anti-clockwise to loosen.... that may need some 'angular force' as some may be 'tighter' than others.... once the cover is removed it'll be straight forward. Remember when you pull the bulb out from the housing (straight backward), notice how the bulb was inserted and u'll have to insert it the same way as it was pulled out otherwise the light beam will differ. also you may know this already, that never touch the bulb (the glass portion) in bare hands as oil on the glass will shorten the life of the bulb). It took me about 15 min to replace both bulbs.... worst part imo will be those 20+ plastic clips on the engine covers.
Old 12-15-20, 08:57 AM
glemmen1
Rookie

Originally Posted by z32
I don't have a pic of the low beam bulb replacement.... But once u reach the housing (again try loosen the 'J' hook / battery tide down and slide the battery aside a little bit (w/out disconnecting the battery - for me I try not to because I had SMOG check coming up and don't want the 'monitors' to become 'incomplete'), to get to the bulb, there is a plastic cover which u'll need to turn anti-clockwise to loosen.... that may need some 'angular force' as some may be 'tighter' than others.... once the cover is removed it'll be straight forward. Remember when you pull the bulb out from the housing (straight backward), notice how the bulb was inserted and u'll have to insert it the same way as it was pulled out otherwise the light beam will differ. also you may know this already, that never touch the bulb (the glass portion) in bare hands as oil on the glass will shorten the life of the bulb). It took me about 15 min to replace both bulbs.... worst part imo will be those 20+ plastic clips on the engine covers.
thanks for the reply, i have already replaced the bulbs...did all you said...except i did have to remove battery.

like i said, i am noticing the beams of light "shaking" when i go over a bump....i know they are in firmly.....so not sure why they shake?
Old 12-15-20, 03:11 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by glemmen1
thanks for the reply, i have already replaced the bulbs...did all you said...except i did have to remove battery.

like i said, i am noticing the beams of light "shaking" when i go over a bump....i know they are in firmly.....so not sure why they shake?
Loose headlight mount or perhaps a loose headlight assembly, but that would surprise me. If you added LED's, they're usually heavier than oem or an hid bulb.

Last edited by hankinid; 12-15-20 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-16-20, 04:39 AM
glemmen1
Rookie

Originally Posted by hankinid
Loose headlight mount or perhaps a loose headlight assembly, but that would surprise me. If you added LED's, they're usually heavier than oem or an hid bulb.
yeah its odd, i used "Toshiba D4S Xenon HID Bulbs 4300K 35W for Lexus and Toyota (Pack of 2)"....so no LED.
Old 12-16-20, 02:58 PM
artesuave
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tbisaacs
You’ll need to remove the battery to access the dust cap to change either bulb. I swapped out my low beams for Hikari LEDs and they are amazing.
can you post pictures of what those Hikari LEDs look like, do you know if they work on a 2009? Cheers!
Old 12-17-20, 05:21 PM
tbisaacs
Driver School Candidate

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by artesuave
can you post pictures of what those Hikari LEDs look like, do you know if they work on a 2009? Cheers!

Hikari 2020, H11 H8 H9 LED Bulbs, +150% Brightness, +100% Extra Night Visibility, Low High TOP XHP50.2 LED 10400lm 6000K Cool White, Foglight
Amazon Amazon
Old 01-07-21, 02:05 PM
sunny1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Led conversion

I just put in sea light h11 $35 from Amazon. Works perfect with beautiful and sits perfectly in the dust cap housing
Old 01-07-21, 02:11 PM
sunny1
Driver School Candidate

Default Led conversion

I just put in sea light h11 $35 from Amazon. Works perfect with beautiful and sits perfectly in the dust cap housing and the automatic bulb movement up down and side to side is in affected
loghtbis beautiful white bright
Old 01-08-21, 06:08 AM
glemmen1
Rookie

i have determined that its the FOG lights that are "shaking". NOT the HIDs...so thats good. but not sure if i need to replace the fog bulbs now?
Old 01-08-21, 01:39 PM
sunny1
Driver School Candidate

Default Head light

I didn’t feel the need to replace fog lights as the yellow fog lights rather looked pretty with the white led head lights on at same time. I might change the high beam and dlr as I think they would look cool in white.
so far these lights from Amazon are really good

Quick Reply: 2013 LX 570 - Head Light Replacement