LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Lexus extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-20 | 07:43 AM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

Default Lexus extended warranty

I was wondering if anybody knows what lexus extended warranties cost. I am very close to purchasing a 2018 three row LX 570 with 40,500 miles. In service date was December of 2017, so I am only 7500 miles from having no warranty. I will be paying $ 66,800.00 for the lx 570 and I will be trading in my 2019 ford raptor with 28,000 miles. I know people are thinking I am crazy, going backwards one year and more mileage, stupid right. I am going to test drive the LX 570 Monday morning. I am getting $ 58,000.00 for the raptor from a Ford dealer who has the LX 570. Again, people are going to think I am crazy.

The long and the short of the story is I will need to purchase a extended warranty for the LX and I was wondering what to expect buying it from Lexus.

Thank You.
Old 12-19-20 | 09:30 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ftcgsf
I was wondering if anybody knows what lexus extended warranties cost. I am very close to purchasing a 2018 three row LX 570 with 40,500 miles. In service date was December of 2017, so I am only 7500 miles from having no warranty. I will be paying $ 66,800.00 for the lx 570 and I will be trading in my 2019 ford raptor with 28,000 miles. I know people are thinking I am crazy, going backwards one year and more mileage, stupid right. I am going to test drive the LX 570 Monday morning. I am getting $ 58,000.00 for the raptor from a Ford dealer who has the LX 570. Again, people are going to think I am crazy.

The long and the short of the story is I will need to purchase a extended warranty for the LX and I was wondering what to expect buying it from Lexus.

Thank You.
What do Lexus service records show on the LX??? Get the VIN and ask a Lexus dealer to give you a print out, or go to lexus.com, get to the owner's section, log in with a user's name and password, and you can see any services done since the Lexus was first sold.

Old 12-19-20 | 11:07 AM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hankinid
What do Lexus service records show on the LX??? Get the VIN and ask a Lexus dealer to give you a print out, or go to lexus.com, get to the owner's section, log in with a user's name and password, and you can see any services done since the Lexus was first sold.
I have already seen the service history and it is good. Just curious what extended Lexus warranties sell for.
Old 12-19-20 | 02:17 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

I have already seen the service history and it is good. Just curious what extended Lexus warranties sell for.
Usually ~ $3000, depending on mileage, model year, and how much the F&I guy feels like reaming you.

Old 12-19-20 | 02:19 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

Usually ~ $3000, depending on mileage, model year, and how much the F&I guy feels like reaming you.
thank you. Do you agree that I should buy a extended warranty for it with only 7500 miles left on the original warranty ?
Old 12-19-20 | 02:25 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

thank you. Do you agree that I should buy a extended warranty for it with only 7500 miles left on the original warranty ?
Personally, given the inherent outstanding reliability of the 200 series, I would not buy an extended warranty. I purchased a 2 year old '13 Land Cruiser and passed on the warranty. No surprises 5 years later at just a little over 100K miles. Extended warranties are a literal gold mine for Lexus/Toyota, and that's why they press hard on buying one.
Old 12-19-20 | 02:35 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

Personally, given the inherent outstanding reliability of the 200 series, I would not buy an extended warranty. I purchased a 2 year old '13 Land Cruiser and passed on the warranty. No surprises 5 years later at just a little over 100K miles. Extended warranties are a literal gold mine for Lexus/Toyota, and that's why they press hard on buying one.
Thank you. I might just pass then. I am very excited because I can actually drive to the dealership and put my hands and eyes on it, and test drive it. It is blue with red interior, my favorite combo for the LX. My friends think I am crazy trading a Ford Raptor for a year older lexus and 13000 more miles.
Old 12-19-20 | 02:46 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

So links for ref:
1) General Lexus backed warranty finder https://www.lexusfinancial.com/conte...ht_for_me.html
2) Some key takeaways on tier https://www.lexusfinancial.com/us/en...greements.html

If you are buying the warranty you would be doing this post transaction so no "F&I" to "ream" anything...could tell the Ford guy to pound sand if thats your cup of tea. Call in a couple of Lexus dealers(I remember there was a sponsor who would offer competitive rates regardless of locale) and find there prices. While some will price themselves out, some should be willing to play ball.

I get the LX is a beast (opinion), the service records are clean (bonus), but the only thing you should use to ascertain vehicle condition is a thorough PPI from your locale trusted mechanic (indy or dealer).

If everything checks out, then congrats on the new LX!

Old 12-19-20 | 02:54 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

Originally Posted by coolsaber
So links for ref:
1) General Lexus backed warranty finder https://www.lexusfinancial.com/conte...ht_for_me.html
2) Some key takeaways on tier https://www.lexusfinancial.com/us/en...greements.html

If you are buying the warranty you would be doing this post transaction so no "F&I" to "ream" anything...could tell the Ford guy to pound sand if thats your cup of tea. Call in a couple of Lexus dealers(I remember there was a sponsor who would offer competitive rates regardless of locale) and find there prices. While some will price themselves out, some should be willing to play ball.

I get the LX is a beast (opinion), the service records are clean (bonus), but the only thing you should use to ascertain vehicle condition is a thorough PPI from your locale trusted mechanic (indy or dealer).

thank you very much.
Old 12-19-20 | 04:54 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by coolsaber

I think a PPI is a necessity, make sure they put it up on a rack and remove the under-body sheet metal. It's usually around $100-150 and very good insurance.
Old 12-19-20 | 06:39 PM
BlackLX570
Driver School Candidate

I have purchased all my Lexus or Toyota warranties from Jerry Johnson (if you google him, you will find lots of references). He sells Toyota and Lexus Extra Care Platinum warranties and has generally provided the lowest prices (about 50% less than quotes from my local dealers). If you are thinking about a warranty I would just email him.

Jerry Johnson

Warranty Manager

Midwest Toyota

Midwest Ford

Midwest Superstore

1100 east 30th

Hutchinson, Ks 67502

Phone 800-530-5789

Cell 620-664-8844

Email jerryj@midwestsuperstore.com

Last edited by BlackLX570; 12-19-20 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-19-20 | 07:06 PM
jsch222
Advanced

Originally Posted by BlackLX570
I have purchase all my Lexus or Toyota warranties from Jerry Johnson (if you google him, you will find lots of references). He sells Toyota and Lexus Extra Care Platinum warranties and has generally provided the lowest prices (about 50% less than quotes from my local dealers). If you are thinking about a warranty I would just email him.

Jerry Johnson

Warranty Manager

Midwest Toyota

Midwest Ford

Midwest Superstore

1100 east 30th

Hutchinson, Ks 67502

Phone 800-530-5789

Cell 620-664-8844

Email jerryj@midwestsuperstore.com
Can Toyota dealers sell you a Lexus warranty?

My LX is a 2018 certified - the dealer offered to extend it another 5 years, for a total of 11 from the original title date. It is unlimited miles, zero deductible for $2900. I have not pulled the trigger, you only need to extend prior to the original 4 years/50k expiring.
Old 12-19-20 | 07:11 PM
BlackLX570
Driver School Candidate

Yes, my experience is that Toyota dealers can sell a Lexus warranty (I did this many years ago without issues). Extended warranties on CPO vehicles however can only be purchased by the selling dealer and can not be purchased remotely/out of state. Hope this helps.

I purchased my LX as a CPO and did not add an extended warranty - IMHO not needed on the LX570...
Old 12-19-20 | 07:17 PM
jsch222
Advanced

Thanks. Much appreciated.
Old 12-23-20 | 10:43 AM
lxguy
10th Gear

Cool Lexus Extended Warranty

I have a 2018 LX570 with 18K miles on it (no extended warranty). It's hard to beat Lexus/Toyota reliability. If you purchase the extended warranty, you may never use it. I would take the cash, put it in an account and save it for repairs down the road. I bought my 2007 LX470 with 15K miles on it along with an extended warranty and never used it. My oldest daughter is now driving this vehicle (I had to put a water pump in it at 70K miles). My youngest daughter is driving a 2001 LX470 that I bought with about 90K miles on it. It's been very reliable and now has 160K miles on it. I have a 2003 Toyota Sequoia with 240K miles on it and it too has been very reliable. My 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser is still on the road (sold it to my Toyota Service Manager) - I did have to put about $3500 into it around 140K miles.

I did have a recall on my 2001 LX470 for a Throttle Body issue that Lexus covered. That would have been about $1700 out of pocket.

I'm a big Lexus/Toyota fan.

Quick Reply: Lexus extended warranty