LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

New to me 2017 LX570

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-21, 07:54 AM
rfam
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I too just leased a '21 Lx after owning a '01 Landcruiser for 300k miles. The biggest difference to me is the power the 5.7 offers-wonderful torque and works very nice with the 8-speed transmission. Mileage around town is around 12 and highway about 17-18 mpg with premium. Highway driving is very comfortable and and feels secure-braking from highway speed takes a little planning ahead-not exactly a light vehicle. Parking sensors and rear cross traffic alert is a great feature-saved me a couple of times already. Cargo space is massive-we have the two row version. Great for hauling a large dog and lots of gear. My biggest complaint is the mouse operation-I'm getting more comfortable with it but why have to go thru several pages to change AC settings in the rear for instance. I like the older switch or **** version in our past Landcruiser-much less distracting while driving. All in all a great SUV that will be reliable for a long time.
The following users liked this post:
2013lx570 (06-13-21)
Old 05-09-21, 02:11 PM
1111GS

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by samosuv
Have her drive the 570 and make sure she likes it. My wife went from an old LX470 to a GX460 recently and likes the change.

I went from a well loved and used Series 100 Land Cruiser to an LX570 and the latter felt “huge” even though it’s only something like 2” wider. It felt like it was a foot wider and it took quite some time for me to feel comfortable with its size. Of course, to each their own. My wife would not have liked going to the LX I’d bet.
Thanks for the reply. She has been an RX driver for the past three gens. She always feels comfortable in the rx. She likes being a passenger in my gx but does not want to be the driver. Gx already feels heavy for her. I was going to have her test drive but it seems like it’s not a vehicle for her. Maybe wait for the next rx. Thanks.
Old 05-09-21, 06:11 PM
baboya96
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

I’ve had GX for 4 years so obviously more familiar with it. It’s a good daily drive option but honestly i feel LX is on another level in terms of comfort and luxurious. Also helps that LX is SO rare. I see GX in every corners. If it wasn’t for MPG, I’d drive LX more (13 MPG vs. 19 MPG). If you need a larger car, LX is a way to go but if you just need a good daily drive SUV, i think GX should do fine.
Old 05-10-21, 05:54 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by baboya96
That sux. Wonder why my access gets denied. I get this ‘403– invalid URL’ error code. Wonder if i need to create another account instead?

I have now driven over 700 miles in a week (including family vacation this past weekend) and came across the following ‘issues’ i plan to take it back to the dealership.
  1. On HWY, i felt the car pulling slightly left. According to carfax report, new tires were installed 7k miles ago but not clear whether alignment was performed right after. Going to ask them to perform this at no cost to me hopefully.
  2. Shift **** rotates ‘freely’. Both counter-clockwise and clockwise. Is this to be expected or is mine missing a screw or something?
  3. 2nd row cup holder is hard to latch. Not sure whether it’s sticky from previous user or it’s just the way it is. I have to literally use my fingernail to get this ‘released’.
  4. HUD screen is not level. I can adjust up/down and understand screen can’t go right/left. What I’m seeing is that right size (MPH) is slightly lower than left side (direction arrow). Few searches online confirm this is normal which is HARD to believe. Can someone confirm?
  5. Second row bench seat (passenger size) handle is flimsy and needs to be reinstalled. Hopefully minor fix.
Previous owner also didn’t turn in a credit card key, cargo tray, rear screen covers and cargo net. I’m hoping Lexus dealership will sell me these at their wholesale price b/c these are items original owner received from the factory. Does anyone know if ‘certified’ Lexus HAS to come with certain accessories to next owner?
​​​​
Any Lexus dealer can print a complete truck history for you, and that starts on the first day it was delivered. Show a service person your vin number and that's all it takes.

2nd row cup holder may need a bit of cleaning. I'd use hot water, a little Joy or similar, and a pipe cleaners or swabs...usually it's a soft drink that the PO spilled.

No idea about the rear seat handle.

I'm betting the dealership lowered the original owner's trade-in with the missing pieces, good luck at getting them "wholesale" from the dealer...you can definitely do better online.
Old 05-16-21, 07:28 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Congrats. You can't go wrong with black on black, ever. Save yourself some cash at the pump and just use regular. Every single other truck that uses this 5.7 (including Land Cruiser) asks for regular, and the 5.7 is identical in every way.

We just picked one up too, the mileage is awful that's for sure but IDC and knew that going in. Plus using regular definitely mitigates the bad mileage and saves me money.

Glad you like the 5.7, I, too, am loving it.
Old 06-02-21, 05:15 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by hzhao
I have both 14 GX and 16 LX. In compression, GX is definitely a comfortable daily running while LX servers long haul and vacation for the best. For daily city driving, GX is much more easier to deal with in terms of traffic and parking, still provide enough room space and comforting.
Yeah but is the 4.6 as lusty as the big boy 5.7?

That monster is half the fun in my 570.
Old 06-10-21, 07:59 PM
Prairiedog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That’s only if the LX was serviced at a Lexus dealer. I had my service done at a Toyota dealer as there is not a Lexus dealership in my city. The records on my 2010 LX are sketchy and incomplete. But I have an old fashioned glove box in my LX stuffed with service records!
Old 06-10-21, 08:01 PM
Prairiedog
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hankinid
Go to the owners section of lexus.com. Create a user name and password. Type in the VIN and you can download any and all maintenance info on the truck since it was first delivered, including the name of the first owner.
That’s only if the LX was serviced at a Lexus dealer. I had my service done at a Toyota dealer as there is not a Lexus dealership in my city. The records on my 2010 LX are sketchy and incomplete. But I have an old fashioned glove box in my LX stuffed with service records!
Old 06-11-21, 09:20 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 867 Likes on 654 Posts

The Auto HVAC will select the floor vents for warm air when it is cold out and
select the dash vents for cool air when it is hot out. The ventilated seats pick
up floor air to cool your seat so an easy hack is to find and press the HVAC mode
button just once to switch from dash only vent to dash and floor. Now you will get
cool air on your feet and seat. Once you have done this you may be able to turn
down the seat fans and enjoy the reduced noise level.
Old 06-24-21, 08:46 AM
EODHam
Driver School Candidate

Are you experiencing any issues with the transmission shifting hard between 1st and 2nd, almost a shudder feel? I have a 2017 certified pre-owned with 43,000 miles and am experiencing that issue. The dealer said they performed the TSB to fix it but I still feel it.