LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Flashing CDL light

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-21, 03:20 PM
Bhprince
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashing CDL light

2015 LX 570...Morning start up and CDL light is flashing on dash but goes off after restart...anyone else experience this issue?...Start of an major problem?
Old 05-30-21, 05:02 PM
gbouton
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bhprince
2015 LX 570...Morning start up and CDL light is flashing on dash but goes off after restart...anyone else experience this issue?...Start of an major problem?
Relatively common issue if the center diff has not been regularly used. Replacing the actuator seems to be the most likely solution: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx-...nter-dash.html. Also check the iH8Mud forms https://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/200-...-cruisers.136/

Old 05-31-21, 02:15 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I HAD this problem for a few years and previous "ATTEMPTS" were made to fix it by the original "selling Lexus" dealer where I bought new. As I recall the first couple of times it was "fixed" under original Lexus warranty.......I was just told to use it more often as they really did not replace anything.

Since we did not drive it too much as we had multiple vehicles to drive around the same problem did not pop up anymore. So the original Lexus warranty expired and my extended Lexus Platinum Warranty kicked in. This same problem popped up again later. At least another couple time and I went to another SoCal Lexus (THE BIGGEST ONE on the west coast) and the first time they could not duplicate it even though I had videos showing it happening. The second time they were able to duplicate it and they said they "manually" disengaged the "actuator" and all ok for like an year.

Then within the last couple of months this problem popped up more often. Something like one out of every three starts.

So our LX570 goes back to the largest west coast Lexus dealership which I figure if these folks can't figure it out......I'm ditching Lexus and go with MB or BMW. I mean my 2013 LX570 bought brand new NOW has only 55K miles and these problems and some other small problems are popping up. Might as well get a MB, BMW, or Audi and change vehicles every two to three years before the warranty runs out. This way at least the driving dynamics are more "engaging". I ain't got time for all these headaches. LOL
So looks like they FINALLY fixed it by REPLACING THE ACTUATOR AND SOME WIRE HARNESS. The hardware was around $1500. It's the labor cost that was high.....around $2500+ (I will need to look at the final invoice to confirm) Thank goodness I had the Lexus EXTENDED Platinum Warranty and was zero pit of pocket otherwise it would have been VERY COSTLY. This repair alone more than paid the cost of the extended warranty plus a few other issues repaired on prior occasions after the original Lexus warranty expired.

Originally Posted by Bhprince