LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Auto shutoff at gas station pump fails to activate

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-21, 01:52 PM
sblum
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Auto shutoff at gas station pump fails to activate

My Lexus 2017 460 GX Gas Tank has overflowed when left on auto refill in a specular ways complete with gas geysers at two different gas stations. My local dealership has pretty much told me that it is not their problem since they have not been able replicate the problem, too bad. Naturally, I do not do the auto refill anymore. There is something very wrong with the gas tank but I do not know how to get help.
Old 12-27-21, 04:02 PM
salimshah

Received 1,077 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by sblum
My Lexus 2017 460 GX Gas Tank has overflowed when left on auto refill in a specular ways complete with gas geysers at two different gas stations. My local dealership has pretty much told me that it is not their problem since they have not been able replicate the problem, too bad. Naturally, I do not do the auto refill anymore. There is something very wrong with the gas tank but I do not know how to get help.
Let me know if you accidentally posted this in First Gen RX and I will be happy to move it to 2017 460GX forum.

There is nothing in the gas tank that sends a signal to the gas pump/nozzle. The nozzles have a sensor to detect the back pressure. There is a scientific phenomenon that is better left for Wikipedia search. You can try different level of nozzle insertion or try different stations.

Personally I don't like the pump lock feature, but then the climate here for me is moderate. Pumps also have a disclaimer about un-monitored gas pumping.

Salim