LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Good bye my beloved LX :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-22, 10:34 AM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Good bye my beloved LX :(

Finally took the plunge and purchased an EV with LX trade-in (with 8000 miles).

LX is such a beast, we enjoyed those road trips. However, since the purchase, Covid lockdowns and then higher gas prices didn’t help enjoying her as much as we wanted to.

After test driving MB, Audi and Porsche, we decided to go with Porsche Taycan as our first EV. Placed an order for an Audi e-Tron, enroute to the port. In fact we did test drive Taycan in 2019 (before Covid), but seating and car characters didn’t fit us well. Seems like Taycan has evolved since then.

Ironically this is our first purchase outside of Lexus family in 23 years!!!. Lexus cars have been so reliable, I never had to worry about unexpected maintenance. Its going to be a bit of a gamble especially with Audi.

Some high points comparing LX and Taycan;

Fit and finish : Lexus holds upper hand

Materials : Too early to speak for Porsche but as such feel Lexus got upper hand here as well

Simplicity / elegance (interior) : Taycan , controls are well grouped and placed at spot. Easy to navigate & use

Audio : ML beats std Bose in Taycan (haven’t tried BURMEISTER)

Radar cruise / lane departure assist : both works in similar way. Didn’t observe any difference yet

Innodrive : Porsche’s kinda auto-pilot. Can read road signs and adjust speeds. Also, controls speed in exit and curves etc. Only caveat is, let say cruising at 75 mph, when the car sees 65 speed limit, tries to slow down as if no time left on earth 😊 . Definitely inviting a backend collision. Hopefully future updates fixes it.

Technology integration : Absolutely Taycan. Long list to write, if any specific questions I can try to answer

Map in particular : fantastic map software, integration to charging stations and such. Very easy and intuitive to use. Heavy user of google maps, but not any longer.

Being battery powered, its super quiet. Even with factory installed Sports Performance tires, I hear little road noise.

Wish list on Taycan;

Air suspension and sound & thermal insulated windows would’ve made this ride even more enjoyable (to my taste).

LX reliability is hard to beat and will miss her. Good luck to you all!

The following users liked this post:
charliecla (08-26-22)
Old 08-29-22, 01:14 AM
Besr55
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a great car... I'm planning to get one in a few years too
Old 08-29-22, 07:00 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

Beautiful, veery different car though