LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2018 LX - Mark Levinson Upgrade - Speakers / Sub / Amps & DSP / Apple Car Play / Qi

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-23, 09:04 AM
PJDoak
1st Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2018 LX - Mark Levinson Upgrade - Speakers / Sub / Amps & DSP / Apple Car Play / Qi

Just registered and joined the community - hello all!

Last week, I pulled the trigger on a L/Certified 2018 LX 570 with 41,000 miles - Mark Levinson and Rear Seat Entertainment. I opted to "up" the standard 2-year CPO warranty to 5-years, unlimited miles, so unless it gets totaled, I think I've got a tank for (at least) the next 5 years.

I've loved the platform for a long time, and just decided it was time to upgrade from my previous 2017 GX. While I love the platform, the tech is a bit behind, and I wanted to address. Apple CarPlay was my first priority. I'm one of the guys who uses Apple Maps, and with the rest of my ecosystem of Apple stuff (and being a bit of an Apple fanboy), this was my first priority. My car didn't come with the Qi charger, so this felt like an opportunity to address that as well. I wasn't interested in the dealership solution - their pricing is crazy - and since the dash was going to be removed for install of the CarPlay system, it felt like the right time to address.

ML sounds good, but I really like to have some punch. To me, while better than standard, the ML system lacks some musicality and passion. In picking a CarPlay solution, I spend some time with the audio team I've used on three previous builds, and I decided to make a wholesale improvement.

Not really knowing what I was getting myself into, I've decided on the following:
1) CarPlay Integration
2) Qi Wireless Charing
3) Speakers
4) Sub
5) Amps & DSP

It's in the shop now, so I'll update throughout the build, and I've asked for some pics so I can document the process.

Feeling very poor at the moment, but I'm hopeful that we're building something special that I'll enjoy for years to come.

The following 5 users liked this post by PJDoak:
100stars (04-02-24), Okadz (02-26-23), pngcruiser (06-05-24), Supra Dr (02-09-23), Vlad6525 (02-09-23)
Old 02-09-23, 12:53 PM
Vlad6525
Pit Crew

Received 123 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by PJDoak
Just registered and joined the community - hello all!

Last week, I pulled the trigger on a L/Certified 2018 LX 570 with 41,000 miles - Mark Levinson and Rear Seat Entertainment. I opted to "up" the standard 2-year CPO warranty to 5-years, unlimited miles, so unless it gets totaled, I think I've got a tank for (at least) the next 5 years.

I've loved the platform for a long time, and just decided it was time to upgrade from my previous 2017 GX. While I love the platform, the tech is a bit behind, and I wanted to address. Apple CarPlay was my first priority. I'm one of the guys who uses Apple Maps, and with the rest of my ecosystem of Apple stuff (and being a bit of an Apple fanboy), this was my first priority. My car didn't come with the Qi charger, so this felt like an opportunity to address that as well. I wasn't interested in the dealership solution - their pricing is crazy - and since the dash was going to be removed for install of the CarPlay system, it felt like the right time to address.

ML sounds good, but I really like to have some punch. To me, while better than standard, the ML system lacks some musicality and passion. In picking a CarPlay solution, I spend some time with the audio team I've used on three previous builds, and I decided to make a wholesale improvement.

Not really knowing what I was getting myself into, I've decided on the following:
1) CarPlay Integration
2) Qi Wireless Charing
3) Speakers
4) Sub
5) Amps & DSP

It's in the shop now, so I'll update throughout the build, and I've asked for some pics so I can document the process.

Feeling very poor at the moment, but I'm hopeful that we're building something special that I'll enjoy for years to come.
I'll be waiting for your updates and pics/details when it's all done. I have a 2021 and I also wish I could get better sound out of my ML. Believe it or not, my 2021 GX460 with ML had slightly better (crisper highs and more defined and clear lows) sound compared to my LX...so I'd be very interested to know how I can make it sound better. Your points 1 and 2 are irrelevant to me, since I use android phone and because of the waterproof case I use it's not possible to charge it wirelessly (our RX has the Qi and it's useless). But points 3,4,5 are really interesting! Good luck and I hope your end result will be awesome!
Old 02-09-23, 07:23 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 121 Likes on 82 Posts

To my untrained ear when properly adjusted the ML sound system is the ****ing ****. I swear I've seen the windshield flexing.
Old 01-13-24, 09:13 PM
LexusLX570x
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did it come out? What did you pay?
The following users liked this post:
pngcruiser (06-05-24)
Old 06-05-24, 02:58 PM
pngcruiser
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates on the audio system upgrades to you LX?