LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

LX600 F Sport Passenger Side Wind Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-23, 02:08 PM
lextoys
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Catching up on the latest:

My vehicle has the rails that run front to back and the cross bars that run side to side. I guess it's more of a "luggage rack/mount" than a "roof rack/basket" (like you might see on an overland type set up) so forgive me on the terminology. It's nothing heavy duty, just something to mount a ski rack to or other aftermarket equipment.

Dealer took off the cross bars and the noise was still there but at higher speeds to get it to appear.

Put the cross bars back on and noise was definitely back.

Also was able to drive it between 60-80 mph in some decent crosswinds and that made the noise worse.

Had the shop forman ride along. He says he needs it for a couple of days to trace it, but he heard it. Trying to get it in this week. Will update the board more as I know more.
Old 07-18-23, 08:45 AM
peasept
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a similar problem on my 2018 LX. A thumping noise from the driver’s side A pillar at highway speeds.

I went for multiple rides with the shop foreman and the noise was most prevalent when a large vehicle would pass and create buffeting.

He kept the car for 2 days and finally removed the roof rack cross bars and the noise was gone and hasn’t returned in 3 years.

When I put the cross bars on with my roof box there is no noise.

I guess they didn’t fix the problem on the new platform. It’s a risk you take with such a low volume vehicle but I still love it! I’m on my 4th LX since 1999.
The following users liked this post:
sumfingwon (07-18-23)
Old 07-20-23, 08:48 AM
PerfectMoon
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default same thing

I have the exact same problem on my 23 LX600. Wind noises from the passenger side when going over 70-75mph. And I don't have roof rack cross bar. Will book an appointment with dealer.
Old 07-20-23, 09:24 AM
lextoys
Driver School Candidate

Might want to type up exactly what you're experiencing and print it and bring it so service tech can read it, or even this thread. I haven't had time to get mine back in for the 2 days they want the vehicle. As soon as I do, I'll update the board.
Old 07-20-23, 10:06 AM
PerfectMoon
10th Gear

Originally Posted by lextoys
Might want to type up exactly what you're experiencing and print it and bring it so service tech can read it, or even this thread. I haven't had time to get mine back in for the 2 days they want the vehicle. As soon as I do, I'll update the board.
Great idea. Definitely will print this thread. I looked at the black trim which holds the windshield, the top part of it is not secured to the body. I will also update the board. Thanks a lot.
Old 07-20-23, 11:43 AM
lextoys
Driver School Candidate

I checked my trim, it's pretty firm. The Lexus technician also blue taped the entire winshield on one of his test drives and the noise still appeared.
Old 08-13-23, 04:35 AM
dwilli57
Driver School Candidate

Any updates on this? Anybody find a solution?
Old 08-19-23, 04:47 PM
PerfectMoon
10th Gear

Default here is my fix.

Sent to dealer. They kept it for 3 days and couldn't find what was causing it. So I tried few things myself and this worked.

The black trim was loose. I taped the rubber part inside the trim to the windshield. And the noise disappears. I test drive to 90MPH, no noise anymore.

The following users liked this post:
3ZERO8 (10-22-23)
Old 08-22-23, 07:51 AM
sumfingwon
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

WTH, thats the issue? Hopefully Lexus will have a fix for this. Please keep us updated.
Old 08-22-23, 08:50 AM
PerfectMoon
10th Gear

Originally Posted by sumfingwon
WTH, thats the issue? Hopefully Lexus will have a fix for this. Please keep us updated.
The dealer said they will order a new trim and gives it a try. I will report back.
The following 2 users liked this post by PerfectMoon:
subparrnd (09-29-23), sumfingwon (08-22-23)
Old 08-24-23, 09:47 AM
HarkinBank
Rookie

I suspect that this is where the wind noise is coming from - this end of the rubber gasket for the roof rails/roof rail channel. I currently don’t notice much noise, but I thought I’d give everyone a suspect.

HB

Old 08-24-23, 10:01 AM
PerfectMoon
10th Gear

Originally Posted by HarkinBank
I suspect that this is where the wind noise is coming from - this end of the rubber gasket for the roof rails/roof rail channel. I currently don’t notice much noise, but I thought I’d give everyone a suspect.

HB

That's my first thought too. You can see on my photos the tapes are three parts. I taped the area you showed in the photo at the beginning. It definitely reduced the noise, but the noise still appears around 75-80 mph and even worse. So I taped more in the middle part and the noise is gone.
Old 10-22-23, 06:08 AM
3ZERO8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PerfectMoon
Sent to dealer. They kept it for 3 days and couldn't find what was causing it. So I tried few things myself and this worked.

The black trim was loose. I taped the rubber part inside the trim to the windshield. And the noise disappears. I test drive to 90MPH, no noise anymore.

I have the same noise, I wonder if some permatex type Sealant would work there? Please keep us updated.
Old 10-22-23, 09:29 AM
PerfectMoon
10th Gear

Originally Posted by 3ZERO8
I have the same noise, I wonder if some permatex type Sealant would work there? Please keep us updated.
Over two months already. Still waiting for the parts. Called them a few times, and they said they had ordered 3 parts, 1 arrived and 2 were back-ordered. Doesn't make any sense.
Old 10-22-23, 10:24 AM
3ZERO8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PerfectMoon
Over two months already. Still waiting for the parts. Called them a few times, and they said they had ordered 3 parts, 1 arrived and 2 were back-ordered. Doesn't make any sense.
do you have a list of the parts by any chance?

thanks.

Quick Reply: LX600 F Sport Passenger Side Wind Noise