LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

2023 LX600 Vibrations and Shaking Ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-23, 04:00 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Welcome here and happy to see another Idahoan.

We're about 15 minutes from Kuna, and live in Canyon county.
The following users liked this post:
pkim1078 (08-13-23)
Old 08-13-23, 06:57 PM
beach109
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by HarkinBank
Sure will! This is all I got until Halloween.

They look better, so there's that, ha!
Old 08-16-23, 08:56 PM
beach109
Rookie

Lexus is still working on my LX600 after a few days, but today's update was that Lexus corp. had approved removing the factory Dunlops and wants them replaced with Bridgestones. There's only one other tire in the stock size, a Dueler H/T 685 that has better reviews for sure than the Dunlops, so fingers crossed once it's done in a few more days...it's good.

Validated my concern of the shuddering shaking jiggles at least, so we shall see, hopefully before long.
Old 08-17-23, 08:19 AM
Flying3
Intermediate

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by beach109
Lexus is still working on my LX600 after a few days, but today's update was that Lexus corp. had approved removing the factory Dunlops and wants them replaced with Bridgestones. There's only one other tire in the stock size, a Dueler H/T 685 that has better reviews for sure than the Dunlops, so fingers crossed once it's done in a few more days...it's good.

Validated my concern of the shuddering shaking jiggles at least, so we shall see, hopefully before long.
This is interesting. I have a 20 inch set up with Yokohama Geolander X-CVs (from factory). These tires create a butter smooth ride.
Old 08-17-23, 11:02 PM
beach109
Rookie

Originally Posted by Flying3
This is interesting. I have a 20 inch set up with Yokohama Geolander X-CVs (from factory). These tires create a butter smooth ride.
No matter what I did with the OEM 22" Dunlops, your back, legs and body were constantly vibrating, to the point the seats were visibly shaking. But would randomly smooth out once in a while. Road force balance later, it only got worse.

So Lexus corporate direction was remove & replace with Bridgestones, so fingers crossed. Good to know your 20" setup is great! 22's are tough, but with poor tires, they're even tougher. My IS500 on summer Bridgestones is noisy but dead smooth no matter what, as was my 2021 GX460 before, so hoping the same here.
Old 08-18-23, 03:50 AM
RedneckJoe
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Its probably one with a bad radial belt seperating or whatever.

Let us know how the tire change goes.
Old 08-22-23, 07:53 AM
sumfingwon
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I am running Falken Wildpeaks AT3W on Volk TE37 wheels and I am experiencing some vibrations at higher speeds. I am headed back to the shop tomorrow to re-balance all the wheels. Hopefully that is the issue.

As for the Dunlops, I do not recall experiencing the vibration issue.
Old 08-22-23, 08:50 AM
Vlad6525
Pit Crew

Received 123 Likes on 74 Posts

No matter what I did with the OEM 22" Dunlops, your back, legs and body were constantly vibrating, to the point the seats were visibly shaking. But would randomly smooth out once in a while. Road force balance later, it only got worse.

So Lexus corporate direction was remove & replace with Bridgestones, so fingers crossed. Good to know your 20" setup is great! 22's are tough, but with poor tires, they're even tougher. My IS500 on summer Bridgestones is noisy but dead smooth no matter what, as was my 2021 GX460 before, so hoping the same here.
Lexus Corporate needs to cut their crap altogether and stop putting Dunlops on ANY of their vehicles, especially on the off-road $100k+ trucks that turn into handling nightmare because of their corporate greed and stupidity! Hopefully someone is reading these forums and making notes, but I wouldn't keep my hopes high knowing that common sense has left the building some time ago... We might need a Japanese invasion to the Lexus USA HQ with samurai swords drawn to make that happen! LOL
kgbagent1 (07-03-24)
Old 08-25-23, 06:59 AM
burnthe
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Just had Michelin Defender LTX M/S 275/50/22 installed, and first impressions are that the ride is a little more cushioned. There is still a jitter that is noticeable when compared to my wife's LX570, but that might also be coming through from the V6 (vs V8). With this size, there is slightly more sidewall than stock size as well as in inch more in width.
Old 08-25-23, 07:45 AM
sumfingwon
Rookie

Originally Posted by sumfingwon
I am running Falken Wildpeaks AT3W on Volk TE37 wheels and I am experiencing some vibrations at higher speeds. I am headed back to the shop tomorrow to re-balance all the wheels. Hopefully that is the issue.

As for the Dunlops, I do not recall experiencing the vibration issue.
Turns out my issue was that I needed hub rings. Specifically 95.1 to 112 for my Volk TE 37's. All my shakes are gone.

If I ever put on the stock F Sport wheels with the Dunlops, I will see if it shakes, but I do not remember it doing that on a road trip in May. I was averaging 120-140 km/h the entire drive.
Old 08-31-23, 11:42 AM
beach109
Rookie

Originally Posted by RedneckJoe
Its probably one with a bad radial belt seperating or whatever.

Let us know how the tire change goes.
Good and bad news. Just picked it up after being away for 2 weeks. The new Bridgestones look great, but same shuddering, shivering, hard quivering shudder throughout the car, seats & mirrors shaking, and not at all any better, even with fully different tires. Director is calling Lexus corporate again, and we'll see. Such a shame.

I've had (3) different rental SUV's over the past 2 weeks in my travels, including a new much cheaper Nissan Armada, that rode dead smooth at all speeds, with the same Bridgestones as they just put on my LX, and not a single even hint of vibration. I suspect drivetrain issue, but it'll get escalated and we'll see.

Old 09-10-23, 04:26 AM
lexusphene
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Good and bad news. Just picked it up after being away for 2 weeks. The new Bridgestones look great, but same shuddering, shivering, hard quivering shudder throughout the car, seats & mirrors shaking, and not at all any better, even with fully different tires. Director is calling Lexus corporate again, and we'll see. Such a shame.

I've had (3) different rental SUV's over the past 2 weeks in my travels, including a new much cheaper Nissan Armada, that rode dead smooth at all speeds, with the same Bridgestones as they just put on my LX, and not a single even hint of vibration. I suspect drivetrain issue, but it'll get escalated and we'll see.

Any updates to what causes the jittering? I just got a 2023 F Sport and have the save issue. Not sure if it’s the Dunlops causing the shuddering or if it’s the engine.
Old 09-10-23, 08:15 AM
sumfingwon
Rookie

Did they try an alignment?
Old 09-18-23, 04:23 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi, I tested a 2022 with about 4000 miles. The ride feels busy to me. I was able to feel the quality perhaps to what you described. Could be wrong because we are not both in the same car in person. The car is not bouncy but it's a bit more jarring than expected. Maybe jarring is a strong word, there seem to be some oscillation before the spring can settle down.

I think it's the springs they used on the F Sport model. You already have new tires, they are round and balanced, then should not be the cause of the shake or bumps, if it's a tire problem you can detect a difference at different speeds.

Last edited by SC3coupe; 09-19-23 at 07:20 AM.
OSB (11-11-23)
Old 09-19-23, 10:52 AM
sumfingwon
Rookie

Originally Posted by SC3coupe
Hi, I tested a 2022 with about 4000 miles. The ride feels busy to me. I was able to feel the quality perhaps to what you described. Could be wrong because we are not both in the same car in person. The car is not bouncy but it's a bit more jarring than expected. Maybe jarring is a strong word, there seem to be some oscillation before the spring can settle down.

I think it's the springs they used on the F Sport model. You already have new tires, they are round and balanced, then should not be the cause of the shake or bumps, if it's a tire problem you can detect a difference at different speeds.
My Falken Wildpeaks need to be warrantied, when they Roadforced the wheel and tires, they could not balance all 4 tires. (3rd attempt)

I will be swapping my stock F Sport wheels back on and will report back.

As for the spring issue you're describing, I get this too. I notice it after a tire change or a tire pressure change (I moved to 35 psi based on the conversion between the stock tire size to the new tire size). After driving, it does go away. I do swap between modes (Comfort, Normal, and Sport +), not sure if that does anything.

Quick Reply: 2023 LX600 Vibrations and Shaking Ride