LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

2023 LX600 Vibrations and Shaking Ride

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-23, 11:09 AM
burnthe
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, I use this site more than anything else when changing my tires up for bigger. Just wanted to see how they look on the LX is all.
Old 12-18-23, 08:54 PM
RedneckJoe
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Agree, I would like the see the 275/50 and the 285/45 from different angles. Great input! Thanks
Old 12-28-23, 10:40 AM
alexklmv
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stavstavcc
What trim is it? F-Sport or Luxury?
Luxury 7 seats version
Old 01-09-24, 01:27 PM
joshuak175
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beach109
Purchased my 2023 LX600 F Sport May 27th, fresh from delivery with 10 miles. I'm familiar with the LX/LC platform, and had a 2000 years ago, and drove several LX570's after.

Expected the F Sport to be a firmer feel but almost always have a constant shaking/drumming vibration you can constantly feel in the seat back nonstop, you can see the back seat headrests shaking in the same way, etc. First it was mostly noticed around town on our ripply patched Arizona local roads, but then on highways too, the jiggle kept getting more and more noticeable.

Took it in this week to my dealer, and same day they said a tech validated the concerns on road, found multiple tires out of balance, so did a Road Force re balance on all. Same jiggling shake on the city streets going home, but didn't do highway until today. That same vibration in the seats is still ongoing, and now I feel it a bit more too even in the steering wheel.

Clearly taking it back again, but anyone else with a new 2022+ have vibration issues like this or a constantly jiggling ride? Assuming it might be the Dunlops, but if Road Force made it worse, worth asking others.
i’m quite sure I noticed this on an LX. I just test drove. It was a brand new luxury and had a AHC. I’m wondering if this is limited to trucks with a AHC or does the AVS on the premium trim levels also do this?
Old 01-09-24, 05:40 PM
3ZERO8
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joshuak175
i’m quite sure I noticed this on an LX. I just test drove. It was a brand new luxury and had a AHC. I’m wondering if this is limited to trucks with a AHC or does the AVS on the premium trim levels also do this?
no, I have the premium with AVS and it’s silky smooth.
The following users liked this post:
joshuak175 (01-10-24)
Old 01-10-24, 10:55 AM
Flying3
Intermediate

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 3ZERO8
no, I have the premium with AVS and it’s silky smooth.
Same here. Premium and no issues. It's a true luxury smooth and quiet ride.
joshuak175 (01-10-24)
Old 02-16-24, 02:14 PM
mdj95
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2nd row seat noise

Dealership identified my second row rear seat noise was from a degrade in the connection where middle upper seat... with the fold down armrest option... latches to right rear seat. Latch is located behind the middle seat headrest to allow fold down of middle section only. Felt was installed to tighten connection and eliminated noise from 2nd row seat.

Last edited by mdj95; 02-17-24 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-19-24, 06:37 AM
gscottmarl
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 2nd row noise

I noticed a noise coming from the second row seats at 38,000 miles. I will definitely take it to the dealership and show them your pictures. Thank you
Old 02-22-24, 12:51 AM
mdj95
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Side view 295/35 vs stock 20 & 22 tires

Originally Posted by RedneckJoe
Agree, I would like the see the 275/50 and the 285/45 from different angles. Great input! Thanks
Here are some angled pics of larger wheels and tires compared to stock fit. No complaints with ride quality or vibrations in vehicle after dealership fixed 2nd row seat vibration that started around 24k mileage.

Last edited by mdj95; 02-25-24 at 04:41 AM.
Old 03-29-24, 05:56 AM
alexklmv
6th Gear

Hello!
Is there any news from Lexus about vibration?
My vibration problem continues, noticeable both when driving and at traffic lights (when D mode is on).
I was balancing the wheels, the official dealer offered to flush the injectors, but it didn't help.
Old 03-29-24, 05:57 AM
alexklmv
6th Gear

Originally Posted by beach109
Good and bad news. Just picked it up after being away for 2 weeks. The new Bridgestones look great, but same shuddering, shivering, hard quivering shudder throughout the car, seats & mirrors shaking, and not at all any better, even with fully different tires. Director is calling Lexus corporate again, and we'll see. Such a shame.

I've had (3) different rental SUV's over the past 2 weeks in my travels, including a new much cheaper Nissan Armada, that rode dead smooth at all speeds, with the same Bridgestones as they just put on my LX, and not a single even hint of vibration. I suspect drivetrain issue, but it'll get escalated and we'll see.

Hello!
Is there any news from Lexus about vibration?
My vibration problem continues, noticeable both when driving and at traffic lights (when D mode is on).
I was balancing the wheels, the official dealer offered to flush the injectors, but it didn't help.
Old 04-02-24, 08:03 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

There is a steering wheel vibration that’s been occurring on the 23’ GX460 vehicles during acceleration. Does the 23 LX600 have this same exact vibration on the steering wheel only during acceleration? Do you feel a vibration on the steering wheel when you accelerate only during acceleration just like a lot of owners do on the 23 GX460?
Old 04-03-24, 06:23 AM
alexklmv
6th Gear

Originally Posted by glamglam
There is a steering wheel vibration that’s been occurring on the 23’ GX460 vehicles during acceleration. Does the 23 LX600 have this same exact vibration on the steering wheel only during acceleration? Do you feel a vibration on the steering wheel when you accelerate only during acceleration just like a lot of owners do on the 23 GX460?
The vibration is felt while driving at speed, as well as during a stop in the D mode

at speed
https://youtube.com/shorts/kVO9JEebudU?si=p1ZZv4gFHEzCLjyT

stop in the D mode
https://youtube.com/shorts/dDAgIM9g8xY?si=HdqWbVK75q_ZZaeY

Last edited by alexklmv; 04-03-24 at 06:38 AM.
Mtrwolfs (04-03-24)
Old 04-04-24, 08:40 PM
z32
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts

Since whether the vehicle is in motion / at idle, the point is the tranny is in 'D', foot on brake (at IDLE) or foot on gas pedal (cruising), hence nothing to do w/ tire balancing / tire rotation / tire size. Something from engine mount / tranny mount (tranny internal also)/ drive shaft (mounts / yolk etc). Can you pop the hood open, left foot on brake, tranny in 'D', have someone stand on the side by the front tires / fender, then the driver gently step on the gas pedal and let go (also shift to 'R' and do the same) ... see how much the engine moves. Put the vehicle on a lift, raise it up and have the driver on brake / idle, have someone underneath check for vibration. Someone seems to be 'shaking' that 'bad' to be felt throughout the vehicle. I am wondering if it's the bushings that's causing the vibration (tranny internal can also cause vibration, and engine internal too)... Don't think it's the steering neither (drive by wire I assume). Also if the tranny is in 'N' or 'P' I would assume there's no vibration neither... vibration should exist while tranny in 'D' or 'R'?

Last edited by z32; 04-07-24 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-29-24, 05:03 AM
eddieo
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No matter how you drive, balance and rotate, you will not get more then 20km out of your tiers. This includes the 570

Quick Reply: 2023 LX600 Vibrations and Shaking Ride