LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

2023 LX600 Vibrations and Shaking Ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-23, 02:20 PM
beach109
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Default 2023 LX600 Vibrations and Shaking Ride

Purchased my 2023 LX600 F Sport May 27th, fresh from delivery with 10 miles. I'm familiar with the LX/LC platform, and had a 2000 years ago, and drove several LX570's after.

Expected the F Sport to be a firmer feel but almost always have a constant shaking/drumming vibration you can constantly feel in the seat back nonstop, you can see the back seat headrests shaking in the same way, etc. First it was mostly noticed around town on our ripply patched Arizona local roads, but then on highways too, the jiggle kept getting more and more noticeable.

Took it in this week to my dealer, and same day they said a tech validated the concerns on road, found multiple tires out of balance, so did a Road Force re balance on all. Same jiggling shake on the city streets going home, but didn't do highway until today. That same vibration in the seats is still ongoing, and now I feel it a bit more too even in the steering wheel.

Clearly taking it back again, but anyone else with a new 2022+ have vibration issues like this or a constantly jiggling ride? Assuming it might be the Dunlops, but if Road Force made it worse, worth asking others.
Old 08-07-23, 08:37 AM
burnthe
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

This is most definitely my biggest gripe with the new LX. It JITTERS like crazy. When I get into my wife's 570, it is butter smooth on the highway and city. Headrests, seatback, hood--all of it shakes and vibrates.
It is awful for a 110K lux suv. The only possibility is the fact that it sits on the 22 wheels with less sidewall, but even still, Range Rovers and some others have a similar sidewall, and I haven't felt that on those cars. Even before I changed my 2021 LX wheels from 21" to 20" wheels, I don't recall that kind of jitter.

I will be changing my tires to the 275 size soon, which give me a little more sidewall, but prob not enough to make a difference.
Old 08-09-23, 08:13 PM
beach109
Rookie

Originally Posted by burnthe
This is most definitely my biggest gripe with the new LX. It JITTERS like crazy. When I get into my wife's 570, it is butter smooth on the highway and city. Headrests, seatback, hood--all of it shakes and vibrates.
It is awful for a 110K lux suv. The only possibility is the fact that it sits on the 22 wheels with less sidewall, but even still, Range Rovers and some others have a similar sidewall, and I haven't felt that on those cars. Even before I changed my 2021 LX wheels from 21" to 20" wheels, I don't recall that kind of jitter.

I will be changing my tires to the 275 size soon, which give me a little more sidewall, but prob not enough to make a difference.
Good to know. This keeps getting worse, and after my dealers Road Force re-balance, it's actually far worse, so still seems tire related. Now the seats and steering wheel are drumming/vibrating far more, annoyingly--and the only thing they did was re-balance tires, so hoping that's what it is.

Has ride jiggles by nature but shouldn't be like this at all, with shaking seats, floor and now steering column. Taking it back, and asking if there's another to drive, as I've mentioned this to my neighbor with the same car and "no mine is smooth", and my dealer claims it should be as well.

Last edited by beach109; 08-09-23 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-09-23, 08:18 PM
beach109
Rookie

Originally Posted by beach109
Good to know. This keeps getting worse, and after my dealers Road Force re-balance, it's actually far worse, so still seems tire related. Now the seats and steering wheel are drumming/vibrating far more, annoyingly--and the only thing they did was re-balance tires, so hoping that's what it is.

Has ride jiggles by nature but shouldn't be like this at all, with shaking seats, floor and now steering column. Taking it back, and asking if there's another to drive, as I've mentioned this to my neighbor with the same car and "no mine is smooth", and my dealer claims it should be as well.
Just searching these Dunlops...this says a lot, from an owner of the same F Sport model:

The following 2 users liked this post by beach109:
HarkinBank (08-10-23), Vlad6525 (08-11-23)
Old 08-10-23, 03:40 PM
HarkinBank
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Go look at

“LX 600 F sport handling” post (sorry I couldn’t figure out how to link it) to see info on the ****ty Dunlops. I took them off after the first snowstorm and replaced them with Michelins. Best mod I did to the vehicle. Put the Dunlops back on May 15 and boy do they suck. I’ll run them in the Summer only and put up with their wandering/poor handling for 6 months so that at least I get something out of them.

Old 08-10-23, 04:48 PM
burnthe
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the post. Did you try the 285/45/22 or the 275/50/22 tires?And if the so, did the 285 tires fit without rubbing?
Old 08-10-23, 10:04 PM
beach109
Rookie

Originally Posted by burnthe
Thanks for the post. Did you try the 285/45/22 or the 275/50/22 tires?And if the so, did the 285 tires fit without rubbing?
275/50 looks like less of a size difference vs. the stock 265/50's, and a bit taller if anything. 285/45's are shorter. Curious, too.

These Dunlops are so bad, it seems, it's ruining the ride and feels broken. Going in again tomorrow for a shop foreman test drive with me.
Old 08-11-23, 08:09 AM
Vlad6525
Pit Crew

Received 123 Likes on 74 Posts

My bad history with Dunlops and Lexus goes back to 2010 when I bought by CPO 2008 GX470 with 27k miles and Dunlop tires. First snow storm I was sliding all over the road...replaced them with Michelin Defender and didn't have to worry about anything until 88k miles... Same thing is happening now with my 2021 LX570...got it with 16k miles and very decent thread on the tires, but absolutely could not drive it during winter! My sister 2006 ES with 5yo Firestone tires drove more secure than my LX! It's incredible how Lexus decides to put the absolute worst junk tires on its most expensive off-road trucks that people buy to drive in inclement weather!!! My wife's RX450h came from the factory with Michelins! Needless to say I'll be replacing these junky crap with Michelins before the next Winter season.
Old 08-11-23, 10:09 AM
HarkinBank
Rookie

Originally Posted by beach109
275/50 looks like less of a size difference vs. the stock 265/50's, and a bit taller if anything. 285/45's are shorter. Curious, too.

These Dunlops are so bad, it seems, it's ruining the ride and feels broken. Going in again tomorrow for a shop foreman test drive with me.
I put on 285/45R22’s. No issues whatsoever. MUCH BETTER tire. As stated previously, I am running the Dunlops in the Summer to get some use out of them. Yes, the handling absolutely SUCKS with these on, but I figured in the Summer, I (and my wife) can put up with the Dunlops’ POOR habits/handling while we keep the miles off the Michelins.
HB
Old 08-11-23, 02:31 PM
beach109
Rookie

Originally Posted by HarkinBank
I put on 285/45R22’s. No issues whatsoever. MUCH BETTER tire. As stated previously, I am running the Dunlops in the Summer to get some use out of them. Yes, the handling absolutely SUCKS with these on, but I figured in the Summer, I (and my wife) can put up with the Dunlops’ POOR habits/handling while we keep the miles off the Michelins.
HB
Thanks again for these confirmations. Shop foreman drove it with me today and instantly felt the shuttering jitters and they're keeping it until next week to investigate further.

"Definitely feel the shaking, but we don't see many of these yet, and none have come back with a similar complaint, so we'll need some time." Good start, at least.
Old 08-11-23, 02:34 PM
beach109
Rookie

Originally Posted by Vlad6525
My bad history with Dunlops and Lexus goes back to 2010 when I bought by CPO 2008 GX470 with 27k miles and Dunlop tires. First snow storm I was sliding all over the road...replaced them with Michelin Defender and didn't have to worry about anything until 88k miles... Same thing is happening now with my 2021 LX570...got it with 16k miles and very decent thread on the tires, but absolutely could not drive it during winter! My sister 2006 ES with 5yo Firestone tires drove more secure than my LX! It's incredible how Lexus decides to put the absolute worst junk tires on its most expensive off-road trucks that people buy to drive in inclement weather!!! My wife's RX450h came from the factory with Michelins! Needless to say I'll be replacing these junky crap with Michelins before the next Winter season.
True. Not everything Michelin is perfect, but on the strange size SUV tires like the 19's on a higher end GX460 or the weird 21's before on LX's and now 22's on new LX's, they pick strange tires that are one offs, instead of a better tire period, in a more available size.

Shame, as dealers seem to know it too, but warranty if issues can only replace with the same oddball treads if needed. We'll see.
The following users liked this post:
B80 (12-30-23)
Old 08-11-23, 07:30 PM
RedneckJoe
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Any pics of the 285/45? .4” shorter
Old 08-12-23, 03:21 PM
HarkinBank
Rookie

Originally Posted by RedneckJoe
Any pics of the 285/45? .4” shorter
No pics, unless you want pics of 4 unmounted tires sitting in my garage.

HB
Old 08-12-23, 03:44 PM
RedneckJoe
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Post up when you get them mounted…
Old 08-12-23, 03:50 PM
HarkinBank
Rookie

Originally Posted by RedneckJoe
Post up when you get them mounted…
Sure will! This is all I got until Halloween.

The following users liked this post:
RedneckJoe (08-12-23)

Quick Reply: 2023 LX600 Vibrations and Shaking Ride