Lx 600 f sport early review/impressions

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-23, 06:41 AM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sumfingwon
Big time, but it looked soooo nice!

My black on black F Sport is already a disaster with 2 car seats, each car seat has an additional car seat cover from amazon.
speaking of seat covers does Amazon have some quality seat covers that actually fit the LX 600 F SPort ?

did you check out any other seat cover options other than Amazon ?
Old 08-26-23, 04:05 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 120 Likes on 58 Posts
Lightbulb Got a little off topic. . . . . .

Originally Posted by Ftcgsf
I have had my 2023 LX 600 F Sport in manganese Luster with Red interior for exactly 2 weeks now. My other vehicle is a 2022 37 package Ford Raptor, which I have been using as a daily driver and I do activities where I need a pickup truck bed. So far here are my impressions of the LX 600 as a every day vehicle. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has been a Ford fan boy since 2018 and I have owned nothing but Fords since then and only dailyed a Ford Raptor the last 5-6 years.

1) BUILD QUALITY INSIDE AND OUTSIDE IS IMPECCABLE in my opinion, and I detail my own vehicles.

2) I can honestly say I have never owned or ride in a more solid feeling vehicle, and the raptor is incredibly solid and well built.

3) With only 1250 miles in mixed driving I am averaging 20 MPG. Although I am purposely driving for fuel economy in comfort mode to break the engine in. Don't believe most of the reviews that say 15-17 mpg.

4) As I stated I have only driven in comfort mode so far as I am trying to break the engine in for fuel economy, but I value handling in all my vehicles and this vehicle handles better than my Raptor, and I have not even used sport or sport plus yet. Again, don't believe the reviews.

5) F Sport Ride Quality = 90 Percent of the reviews out there say that the LX 600 F Sport has below average ride quality because of the 22 inch wheels and existing tires. Keep in mind I'm coming from a Ford Raptor riding 18's with 37's and the raptor has one of the best riding vehicles currently on the market, and not just by pickup truck standards, and in my opinion the F Sport with 22's rides and handles as good if not better and I live in the northeast with roads that take a beating because of our winters. Although in the late fall I will be changing to either 18's or 20's for a winter snow tire. Again, don't believe the reviews until you drive it yourself.

6) Wheels = I have washed the vehicle twice and I am amazed at the workmanship and quality of the F Sport wheels. It really is extremely high end machineship quality. Some of the highest quality wheels and design I have seen on a vehicle.

7) Paint = high quality.

8) interior = very high quality and the seats are extremely comfortable. Every surface is awesome to touch. Again attention to detail is amazing. feels solid.

9) Engine = So far so good. Very smooth. Power delivery is awesome and the torque down low feels great. Make no mistake, for weighing 5850 pounds this vehicle is fast. I liked the 5.7 in the LX 570 but I like this better.

10) transmission = works incredibly well with this engine. Hunts a little bit down low or when you change speeds instantly but not enough to hurt the performance. A very solid combination, Engine and Transmission. Again , don't believe the reviews.

11) Infotainment = This is the only area of the vehicle where I am a little impartial. I feel like the infotainment functions are fine, but could be better as far as cohesiveness . If you are coming from a different manufacturer this is the one area that will take some getting used to. Personally I am fine with the 2 screens and I can understand why lexus did it although it could have been done with one in dash screen, although I am ok with it. I think Ford might do this better.

12) Driving experience = LOVE IT !

13) Gut Feeling/emotional feel = For the last 6 years I have said that the Ford Raptor is the best daily driver you can own for doing everything, but if I had to sell one of the vehicles I would be selling the raptor and I would figure out a way to utilize the rear cargo area more.

14) Versatility = Thats WHY I bought the LX. I have always been a big fan of the LX and the Landcruiser for their versatility . I love the fact that you can daily drive this vehicle in luxury and take it off roading or hunting if you want to, especially with 18 or 20 inch tires. Have fun doing that with a Cadillac Escalade or Lincoln Navigator.

15) Size = Another big reason why I bought the LX 600. In my opinion it's the perfect size. The other Full size SUV'S are way to big ! unless you have a family with 4-5 kids.

16) BUILD QUALITY.

17) Value = Yes it is expensive. But from day 1 I feel like it's worth every penny and if you paid $ 110,000.00 you are getting every bit of that from performance to BUILD QUALITY. The value is in the guts of the LX and the build quality. This vehicle will last 20-25 years if you keep up with the routine maintenance.

18 ) Suspension = GREAT ! Keep in mind I'm coming from one of the best suspensions out there currently in the Ford Raptor. The LX is not far off and in some ways better.

In closing the LX or Landcruiser have always been dream vehicles for me, I know that sounds dramatic, but it's true. Not because of status symbol but because I feel like the LX and the Landcruiser are the best all around built vehicles you can own for doing everything. Yes I paid alot for this vehicle but I feel like I am getting every pennies worth.

I'll Qoute Johnny Lieberman of motor trend back in 2019 when he reviewed the LX 570 at $ 100,000.00 and he said I quote, " It's $ 100,000.00 and it's worth every penny".

Love the review appreciate the detail & honest input!!!!!!!! Especially since I have a LX F-Sport on order!! From the first test drive (3hrs & ran some errands) I fell in love!!!! So i cant wait for my LX to be delivered!!!
Gotta jump off the LX though & ask in regards to your previous GSF you truly are regretting selling her?!?!?!? Im selling mine this very moment just bought a 911 GTS (EXCELLENT FRIGGIN CAR) but still luv driving my GSF & am wondering if i should not sell it!!! Im so on the fence & im like I don't need it with 4 other cars in the driveway & a Porsche 911 992 GTS / LX600 F-Sport coming soon but I feel like the GSF is my one true guilty pleasure!!!! Sad part is usually when im selling something or trading it in its gone no more thoughts about it. . . . but this time around I just cant truly make up my mind!!! Any advise Ftcgsf; or ClubLexus. . . . Feel free to chime in. . . .
The following 2 users liked this post by KOOLFELLA:
Ftcgsf (08-27-23), jekoda (08-30-23)
Old 08-26-23, 07:51 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 323 Likes on 213 Posts

Don’t do it.
The following 2 users liked this post by NickL:
Ftcgsf (08-26-23), KOOLFELLA (08-26-23)
Old 08-27-23, 08:00 AM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by KOOLFELLA
Love the review appreciate the detail & honest input!!!!!!!! Especially since I have a LX F-Sport on order!! From the first test drive (3hrs & ran some errands) I fell in love!!!! So i cant wait for my LX to be delivered!!!
Gotta jump off the LX though & ask in regards to your previous GSF you truly are regretting selling her?!?!?!? Im selling mine this very moment just bought a 911 GTS (EXCELLENT FRIGGIN CAR) but still luv driving my GSF & am wondering if i should not sell it!!! Im so on the fence & im like I don't need it with 4 other cars in the driveway & a Porsche 911 992 GTS / LX600 F-Sport coming soon but I feel like the GSF is my one true guilty pleasure!!!! Sad part is usually when im selling something or trading it in its gone no more thoughts about it. . . . but this time around I just cant truly make up my mind!!! Any advise Ftcgsf; or ClubLexus. . . . Feel free to chime in. . . .
First off I regret selling my GSF and if I could it all over again I would not sell it. Second, It is a true F car that lexus stopped producing = long term value. Third, go do a search on how many used GSF's are on the market, there are very few. The GSF is a excellent handling 4 door sedan , with a great engine and it looks great.

1) wife has her own vehicle = that's going nowhere.

2) Incoming LX 600 = I assume your daily driver and I think you will really like the vehicle and come to realize that if you had to be forced to downsize the number of vehicles you own, you would keep the LX = it can literally do everything.

3) Porsche 911 GTS = awesome vehicle. That is your back road carving sports car. Enough said.

4) GSF = In my opinion this is one of the best 4 door sports performance cars, especially for the price. I would say if you are a big fan of Lexus vehicles and you realize how special it is, KEEP IT ! Lexus will most likely never make this vehicle again. And if you are ok with having 2 speciality/ Sports Cars.

Keep in mind the GSF is more versatile than the Porsche, Luxury and Performance, and if anything happens to the Porsche ie; accident or warranty issues you will be glad you kept the GSF.

If you can justify it, KEEP IT !

Last edited by Ftcgsf; 08-27-23 at 08:03 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ftcgsf:
KOOLFELLA (05-20-24), pkim1078 (08-27-23)
Old 05-31-24, 11:06 AM
Socalifjimmy
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel economy

I’ve had my 2023 for 9 months now and agree with most of what you say. My two beefs are much worse than advertised gas mileage and poor sound quality in the Mark Levinson system. Even with a very light foot on the gas pedal I have yet to get more than 15.5 with city/freeway combined driving and 13 with all city driving.

Jim

Originally Posted by Ftcgsf
I have had my 2023 LX 600 F Sport in manganese Luster with Red interior for exactly 2 weeks now. My other vehicle is a 2022 37 package Ford Raptor, which I have been using as a daily driver and I do activities where I need a pickup truck bed. So far here are my impressions of the LX 600 as a every day vehicle. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has been a Ford fan boy since 2018 and I have owned nothing but Fords since then and only dailyed a Ford Raptor the last 5-6 years.

1) BUILD QUALITY INSIDE AND OUTSIDE IS IMPECCABLE in my opinion, and I detail my own vehicles.

2) I can honestly say I have never owned or ride in a more solid feeling vehicle, and the raptor is incredibly solid and well built.

3) With only 1250 miles in mixed driving I am averaging 20 MPG. Although I am purposely driving for fuel economy in comfort mode to break the engine in. Don't believe most of the reviews that say 15-17 mpg.

4) As I stated I have only driven in comfort mode so far as I am trying to break the engine in for fuel economy, but I value handling in all my vehicles and this vehicle handles better than my Raptor, and I have not even used sport or sport plus yet. Again, don't believe the reviews.

5) F Sport Ride Quality = 90 Percent of the reviews out there say that the LX 600 F Sport has below average ride quality because of the 22 inch wheels and existing tires. Keep in mind I'm coming from a Ford Raptor riding 18's with 37's and the raptor has one of the best riding vehicles currently on the market, and not just by pickup truck standards, and in my opinion the F Sport with 22's rides and handles as good if not better and I live in the northeast with roads that take a beating because of our winters. Although in the late fall I will be changing to either 18's or 20's for a winter snow tire. Again, don't believe the reviews until you drive it yourself.

6) Wheels = I have washed the vehicle twice and I am amazed at the workmanship and quality of the F Sport wheels. It really is extremely high end machineship quality. Some of the highest quality wheels and design I have seen on a vehicle.

7) Paint = high quality.

8) interior = very high quality and the seats are extremely comfortable. Every surface is awesome to touch. Again attention to detail is amazing. feels solid.

9) Engine = So far so good. Very smooth. Power delivery is awesome and the torque down low feels great. Make no mistake, for weighing 5850 pounds this vehicle is fast. I liked the 5.7 in the LX 570 but I like this better.

10) transmission = works incredibly well with this engine. Hunts a little bit down low or when you change speeds instantly but not enough to hurt the performance. A very solid combination, Engine and Transmission. Again , don't believe the reviews.

11) Infotainment = This is the only area of the vehicle where I am a little impartial. I feel like the infotainment functions are fine, but could be better as far as cohesiveness . If you are coming from a different manufacturer this is the one area that will take some getting used to. Personally I am fine with the 2 screens and I can understand why lexus did it although it could have been done with one in dash screen, although I am ok with it. I think Ford might do this better.

12) Driving experience = LOVE IT !

13) Gut Feeling/emotional feel = For the last 6 years I have said that the Ford Raptor is the best daily driver you can own for doing everything, but if I had to sell one of the vehicles I would be selling the raptor and I would figure out a way to utilize the rear cargo area more.

14) Versatility = Thats WHY I bought the LX. I have always been a big fan of the LX and the Landcruiser for their versatility . I love the fact that you can daily drive this vehicle in luxury and take it off roading or hunting if you want to, especially with 18 or 20 inch tires. Have fun doing that with a Cadillac Escalade or Lincoln Navigator.

15) Size = Another big reason why I bought the LX 600. In my opinion it's the perfect size. The other Full size SUV'S are way to big ! unless you have a family with 4-5 kids.

16) BUILD QUALITY.

17) Value = Yes it is expensive. But from day 1 I feel like it's worth every penny and if you paid $ 110,000.00 you are getting every bit of that from performance to BUILD QUALITY. The value is in the guts of the LX and the build quality. This vehicle will last 20-25 years if you keep up with the routine maintenance.

18 ) Suspension = GREAT ! Keep in mind I'm coming from one of the best suspensions out there currently in the Ford Raptor. The LX is not far off and in some ways better.

In closing the LX or Landcruiser have always been dream vehicles for me, I know that sounds dramatic, but it's true. Not because of status symbol but because I feel like the LX and the Landcruiser are the best all around built vehicles you can own for doing everything. Yes I paid alot for this vehicle but I feel like I am getting every pennies worth.

I'll Qoute Johnny Lieberman of motor trend back in 2019 when he reviewed the LX 570 at $ 100,000.00 and he said I quote, " It's $ 100,000.00 and it's worth every penny".
Old 05-31-24, 12:01 PM
RedneckJoe
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Hammer on it some to get it to loosen up.

It gets the advertised mpg on the hwy and I am pretty aggressive left lane.

Same thing with the sound system. Put it at max some now with bassy music.