CarPlay and volume control on the Lx

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-23, 03:48 AM
Probiz
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CarPlay and volume control on the Lx

Ok guys,
The local dealer just replaced my audio controller because of volume control issues and connection issues to my iphone and my wife's phone. This is driving us nuts. Several things:
1 - Connections to wireless CarPlay is all over the map. One minute it works fine the next I get wireless connection not successful retry? or similar
2 - Wireless CarPlay volume control is independent of the cars audio volume which is terrible ie... if your listening to the music at any volume and you try to call someone it only mutes the left speaker not the right during a call out which makes zero sense.

Is anyone seeing issues with volumes and CarPlay connection issues? I am completely puzzled that Lexus in their flagship vehicle would have these issues. I have not had these issues in any vehicle I have owned whether wired or wireless... Just curious if others see the same problem
Old 03-20-24, 02:23 AM
Snead8344
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carplay

I have noticed that if I have the radio playing and I want to use Siri, it doesn’t mute the radio. So annoying. Any explanation for that?
Old 03-20-24, 03:49 AM
Probiz
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Thats by design and lets just say that just another basic function that "somehow" got overlooked by the higher ups..... My Tundra does the same thing. It "appears" from what I can see that the developers felt it was smart to leave the phone volume and vehicle volumes as separate. They really do need help when it comes to their software. Some of it is good but their team needs to drive and use their vehicles before saying things like that are ok. I have guided developers for over 30 years and I have seen this time and time again. Developers are incredible but many of them don't think like normal people which means an end result might make sense to them but to an average Joe it does not.
.... here are some other things that make no sense on these cars....
1 - Auto start of vehicle auto shuts off when door is opened. Thats lovely in cold whether.. (Not one car in the country that I am aware of does this except Toyota/lexus)
2 - Phone volume and Audio volume is separate (never seen this before on any car)
3 - Seat controls are a mess when it comes to profiles in that car. Works on one person fine but stays confused with 2 people
4 - Seat controls only work with the actual key fobs but they give you a card key fob that has zero seat control capability even this all the dealers tell you it's the same. Its not. The locks and seat memory only work with the fob and even then it's all over the map.
5 - Charging for remote start after a set period... Almost all vehicles have remote start and it's free on most. Not to mention how remote start works on the fob. Kinda humorous really. The app works pretty good for me though.

This vehicle is Incredible.... but how can it be that one of the most capable vehicles ever built could overlook some of the most basic functions like volume control, Seat controls, remote start shutoff etc.. These are functions that slap a user in the face each time they use the car and the work in an odd fashion..

Just my take. LOL
Old 03-20-24, 05:40 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,380 Posts

On remote start and door agree it’s annoying but supposed to be a safety feature to help prevent theft & carjackings. Other makes like Mazda, Subaru do it as well.

sometimes remote start continues to work after expiration so check it before you pay for the feature