LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

LX600 F Sport vs Luxury (or Premium Offroad)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-23, 03:35 AM
namlx
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LX600 F Sport vs Luxury (or Premium Offroad)

Does anyone know which one is better for using to offroad in term of comfort? I like the handling of F Sport on the street but thinking that F Sport suspension is tuned towards street driving and might be a bit stiff for offroad.
Old 10-11-23, 06:26 AM
Vlad6525
Pit Crew

Received 122 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by namlx
Does anyone know which one is better for using to offroad in term of comfort? I like the handling of F Sport on the street but thinking that F Sport suspension is tuned towards street driving and might be a bit stiff for offroad.
Xin Chao! F-Sport suspension is tuned for on-road performance, but it too can perform off-road, just not with the 22" wheels... Also, keep in mind that height control option is not available on Premium trim level, only on Luxury and F-Sport... I would buy the Luxury trim with appearance package (which comes with free option of 18" wheels) and height control option.
Old 10-12-23, 04:28 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

The F-Sport is quite the bumpy ride on tarmac
Old 12-05-23, 10:10 AM
stavstavcc
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus website says the Luxury has Adaptive Variable Suspension, but the F-Sport doesn't. Is that true? What kind of suspension does each of them have? Is it Air-Suspension on the Luxury?
Old 12-05-23, 12:09 PM
Vlad6525
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by stavstavcc
Lexus website says the Luxury has Adaptive Variable Suspension, but the F-Sport doesn't. Is that true? What kind of suspension does each of them have? Is it Air-Suspension on the Luxury?
Adaptive Variable Suspension is standard on all grades from Premium to Ultra Luxury...one exception is the Base LX.
F-Sport has a stiffer F-Sport tuned suspension, but it does have AVS as well.
There is also Active Height Control, which is hydraulic - that is only available as an option on Luxury and F-Sport (standard on Ultra Luxury).

Last edited by Vlad6525; 12-05-23 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-05-23, 03:01 PM
stavstavcc
10th Gear

Old 12-06-23, 08:13 AM
Vlad6525
Pit Crew

Go here:

https://www.lexus.com/models/LX

Select F-Sport model, scroll down to PERFORMANCE then click on F-SPORT HANDLING on the left side of the screen and you will see this written:
F SPORT HANDLING
An intuitively responsive Adaptive Variable Suspension enables you to customize your desired level of road feel, and the available Active Height Control defaults to a lower center of gravity at highway speeds for optimized stability and handling. And the system can even detect a sharp turn of the steering wheel as you enter a curve and automatically adjust the suspension to help reduce body roll.

It is an F-Sport tuned AVS. Lexus might have made a typo in that specs chart. You can also test-drive one with F-Sport trim and go through the suspension settings from Comfort to Normal to Sport / S+ and you will feel the difference in cornering, not just in throttle.
Old 12-06-23, 01:45 PM
stavstavcc
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Vlad6525
Go here:

https://www.lexus.com/models/LX

Select F-Sport model, scroll down to PERFORMANCE then click on F-SPORT HANDLING on the left side of the screen and you will see this written:
F SPORT HANDLING
An intuitively responsive Adaptive Variable Suspension enables you to customize your desired level of road feel, and the available Active Height Control defaults to a lower center of gravity at highway speeds for optimized stability and handling. And the system can even detect a sharp turn of the steering wheel as you enter a curve and automatically adjust the suspension to help reduce body roll.

It is an F-Sport tuned AVS. Lexus might have made a typo in that specs chart. You can also test-drive one with F-Sport trim and go through the suspension settings from Comfort to Normal to Sport / S+ and you will feel the difference in cornering, not just in throttle.
Thanks, yeah you are right! I don't know why it shows different in the table.

BTW has anyone driven both? I drove the luxury and felt a bit too wobbly, is there any improvement on the wobbliness for F-Sport?
Old 12-07-23, 09:53 AM
namlx
Driver School Candidate

Default I have driven both

I have daily driven both for 10k miles each trim so i could give you a few ideas on the difference between each:

1. both mine have avs and ahc suspension;

2. Certainly improve a lot on wobbliness, steering wheel feels lighter and seat cushion is firmer and more comfortable for long trip;

3. Turn suspension on luxury trim to sport mode to compare but it cannot match the f sport tuning even in comfort mode;

4. Very stable when accelerating and cornering.

5. Black interior color is dull, does not scream luxury.

6. daily drive somehow feels intimidating as it encourages to drive a lot faster.

7. driving modes are useless. I find myself only use comfort mode for better gearbox behavior and softer suspension. Luxury trim driving modes are useful, when I want less body roll, I switch to sport or custom.

8. Rear entertainment package in the luxury trim is a plus for my kid. I could stream netflix and youtube vis mirracast.

9. Red color indicators used in dashboard annoys my eyes when I look at it everyday.

10. Luxury trim daily driving is boring at first but after I get used to it, I don’t want to go back to daily drive f sport.

11. For offroading, both are very capable but a softer suspension in luxury trim might be very handy.

Last edited by namlx; 12-07-23 at 09:57 AM.
The following users liked this post:
stavstavcc (12-07-23)
Old 12-07-23, 11:06 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 292 Likes on 195 Posts

@namlx
which trim did you end up keeping?
the luxury version I test drove seems to have a lot more body roll. I’m not sure if I can’t live with this or just get used it.
Old 12-07-23, 04:08 PM
namlx
Driver School Candidate

Default I keep both

Originally Posted by NickL
@namlx
the luxury version I test drove seems to have a lot more body roll. I’m not sure if I can’t live with this or just get used it.
I keep both, the same reason as your concern, f sport has less body roll, and driving is much more fun with it, wife and kid love f sport, the back is roomier without rear entertainment.
Old 12-07-23, 04:21 PM
namlx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NickL
@namlx
i would add this: everyone driving my f sport feedbacks to me thar driving f sport like driving a normal car, nice and easy and even one friend who does not do the driving but park both cars into parking spots can sum up the f sport that it is a very solid car, he likes it right-away. Everyone complains about the lean of luxury trim, so after 20k in both wife still dislike luxury trim.
stavstavcc (12-07-23)
Old 12-07-23, 10:43 PM
RedneckJoe
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

One question. Does the fsport lack soft close doors the luxury has?

I haven’t been in one but considering changing my Luxury w/appearance pack trim order to an Fsport to get the limited slip rear. I also like the wheels and grill.

Agree the black interior is boring. I also have an sclass black on black with similar interior (no wood in mine just carbon fiber and aluminum). Its sporty but was wanting brown in the lx600.

Decisions decisions
Old 12-08-23, 04:47 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 292 Likes on 195 Posts

Soft close doors are not available on f sport just like LSD is not available on luxury.
My concern with f sport is the vibration some people are experiencing.
stavstavcc (12-08-23)
Old 12-08-23, 11:31 AM
stavstavcc
10th Gear

Originally Posted by RedneckJoe
One question. Does the fsport lack soft close doors the luxury has?

I haven’t been in one but considering changing my Luxury w/appearance pack trim order to an Fsport to get the limited slip rear. I also like the wheels and grill.

Agree the black interior is boring. I also have an sclass black on black with similar interior (no wood in mine just carbon fiber and aluminum). Its sporty but was wanting brown in the lx600.

Decisions decisions
I don’t think soft close doors are there in F-Sport. Along with power 2nd row seats and kick sensor.
See https://www.lexus.com/content/dam/le...X-Brochure.pdf

Quick Reply: LX600 F Sport vs Luxury (or Premium Offroad)